Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

Anybody get an e-mail today for the 19th November?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

RedWolfCQB wrote: »
    Anybody get an e-mail today for the 19th November?
    No,still maiting.where did u apply?

Recruitment Update - The general service recruitment process is ongoing and there are still places to be offered to candidates in some parts of the Defence Forces. Successful candidates will be offered places, within the next 10 days, by e-mail and must accept the offer within a certain period. Once the individual has accepted an offer he/she will be sent an e-mail with information in regard to the training location, timings, and a list of what items they must bring with them.

We have to hear by tomorrow according to this. It would of made more sense to inform people on Wednesday or Thursday, because of the time limit. Im just hoping to get an email tomorrow, and not have it drag into next week

Yes,but they could mean 10 working days...
    Nothing is sure:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Im sure people will hear on tuesday sure ppl cud have declined a place today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

qwertzuio wrote: »
    Yes,but they could mean 10 working days...
    Nothing is sure:-D

Makes alot more sense. Im applying for the navy, and they called up 30 off the panel. I was basically told that once you pass the medical you have a very good chance of getting in, due to the amount of fails and people skipping to the Army instead

• Advertisement

Makes alot more sense. Im applying for the navy, and they called up 30 off the panel. I was basically told that once you pass the medical you have a very good chance of getting in, due to the amount of fails and people skipping to the Army instead
    someone on the DF's fb said that,he called the office today,and he was told that they have enough for november,and we wont find out untill 7th of december...

but i dont know anyboy who got email for november,except 3 lads on the DF's fb page...

i asked on the fb page if anyone got email for november,because many people follow that page,but nobody could answer if they got or no...

(army)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I know a good few who got emails for november.. Them recruits were let in due to legal issues as the website stated the wrong height and i know legal opinion was sought on the matter.. Its their own risk at the end the day

I know a good few who got emails for november.. Them recruits were let in due to legal issues as the website stated the wrong height and i know legal opinion was sought on the matter.. Its their own risk at the end the day

When were they emailed?

Did they get it for the army?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ashley21

Anyone know whats the story for those who did the medical the first time around? Are we placed on the panel or is there still a chance we will be contacted? I'm going to ring them tomorrow but I was wondering did anyone on here already find out.

I did my medical on the 4th of September in St. Bricins for the army.

ashley21 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats the story for those who did the medical the first time around? Are we placed on the panel or is there still a chance we will be contacted? I'm going to ring them tomorrow but I was wondering did anyone on here already find out.

I did my medical on the 4th of September in St. Bricins for the army.
    Same with me... Did my medical in St Bricins on 22nd of august for the army as well,still didnt hear anything yet.maybe there will be another platoon after november or i dont know. It would be great if we would be informed.few people got email saying there was a problem with the blood, urine or with the garda vetting form and they failed.So it could mean that we are in just waiting for the garda vetting to come back,because i think if we didnt pass the medical we would be informed by now... I tried to call them a few times but they didnt answer the phone,please let me know what will you find out tommorrow if you can contact them.thanks

They heard during the week for the curragh and gormanstown... On the fb page didnt someone say they rang recruitment and were told they had who they needed and everyone else would be contacted at a later date? If you passed ur medical ul prob be called eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

So whats everyone gonna do if after all this your told that your unsuccessful?

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    So whats everyone gonna do if after all this your told that your unsuccessful?
    Must be successful after all this:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

to the regiment!

qwertzuio wrote: »
    Same with me... Did my medical in St Bricins on 22nd of august for the army as well,still didnt hear anything yet.maybe there will be another platoon after november or i dont know. It would be great if we would be informed.few people got email saying there was a problem with the blood, urine or with the garda vetting form and they failed.So it could mean that we are in just waiting for the garda vetting to come back,because i think if we didnt pass the medical we would be informed by now... I tried to call them a few times but they didnt answer the phone,please let me know what will you find out tommorrow if you can contact them.thanks

I called them a few times, both my manpower office and the recruitment section but I didnt get through to either. Ill keep trying over the next few days. But it looks like we'll just have to sit tight and see what happens

Wouldnt get through today lad

They heard during the week for the curragh and gormanstown... On the fb page didnt someone say they rang recruitment and were told they had who they needed and everyone else would be contacted at a later date? If you passed ur medical ul prob be called eventually

I wouldn't believe that. Usually when offers are out there are loads of people saying it on facebook. I only saw two. So many rumours going around about recruitment. They said we would know within ten days, from the 16th of October, and we must accept a place after a certain time period.

They must of meant ten working days, which will be tomorrow or Wednesday. I only did my medical for the Navy on the 9th of October along with twenty others, so we all have to be informed, because nobody was informed last week.

I wouldn't be surprised if a rake of emails are sent out to people this week with offers for Army and Navy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I see the latest class of Naval Recruits got the long weekend off. Not until after a nice route march first of course.

• Advertisement

Route march....? Why on earth would Navy recruits need to do route marches...? :confused:

Exactly how big are those ships they have....?

Route march....? Why on earth would Navy recruits need to do route marches...? :confused:

Exactly how big are those ships they have....?

The Ships are 80m, 65m, 78m and 62m, depending on the type. I'm surprised you didn't know this seing as you are an expert on every other aspect of how the defence forces should be run.

large?v=mpbl-1&px=600

Well i know for a fact the curragh emails are out alot of lads i know are going in on the 19th

ashley21 wrote: »
    I called them a few times, both my manpower office and the recruitment section but I didnt get through to either. Ill keep trying over the next few days. But it looks like we'll just have to sit tight and see what happens

thanks,i'll keep calling them as well,let u know if i find out something

Wouldnt get through today lad

Hadn't thought of the bank holiday

Bank Holiday....?

Don't tell me the DF switch off for bank holidays....? :confused:

Wait for it.....wait for it......

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

rang the eastern mpo today they definatly have sent out all the emails for the 19th of november and only a few will be contacted this year. ( i assume replacements for drop outs) then he told me they may be taking more next year....

Bank Holiday....?

Don't tell me the DF switch off for bank holidays....? :confused:

Wait for it.....wait for it......
    Just the recruits.

• Advertisement

I was on to my manpower office there and he told me at the moment the 3 platoons are full but with drop outs theres still a chance for those who did their medicals first time around. He said not to get my hopes up though. He did say that IF they do recruit next year I would be able to take a spot then.

Im not sure where that leaves the panel.

Hope that helps

Advertisement