Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

qwertzuio wrote: »
    Sorry,i misspelled. Had my interview in mid july(so they sent my garda vetting form away 16weeks ago) and my medical was in mid august,i passed everything.i called them and emailed them earlier many times, but they said they still waiting for the garda vetting form to come back.where i lived,it takes 2 weeks for the garda vettong form to come back,maximum.but you can also get it imediately at the office,you just have to pay 20 euro and you will recive you garda vettinh form in 1 hour,so i dont know why does it take this long here... everything can go away on this... this is what makes me angry

Did you say you are a foreign national?

If you are the gardai could be waiting on the relevant information from the police force in your home country. Once the request leaves the these shores if say its out of the gardai a hands till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

5 recruit drop outs in the curraghs 2nd platoon.. Anyone get any emails to say they would be replacing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

anyone know if theres gonna be a recruitment competition soon?? also any good tips on training for it?? been training alot but help from someone whos done it always helps!! cheers

I doubt there will be one soon as the army have a list from this years competition which they will take new recruits from if they need to. The list lasts a year so it expires around august or september.

ya its a balls u cant even apply for an interview at the moment!!! shame cos a lot of people are gonna be over the age limit by the time it comes round!!! unfortunately its lookin like the BA for alot of people which is unfortunate as many would like to serve there country!!

• Advertisement

Its extremely tough these days to join people who would have been great recruits a few years ago arent even getting interviews anymore. Some advice for you if you dont play sport think about joining a team as they love people who are involved in team sports. Also while ur waiting for a competition try do a few courses maybe first aid stuff like that and maybe volunteer with some organisations or teams. Practice interview skills if you cant hold a conversation and keep eye contact your screwed. Learn as much as you can about the defence forces like missions they have done how many brigades their is etc. The army love to see that you have been trying to improve yourself while you were waiting. Anyway best of luck man

thanks skinnykenyan. At the mo am doin a course in sport, exercise and recreation and also a first aid course so hoping that will help. As far as team stuff ive applied to the RDF so hoping that mite take care of that! thanks for all the advice. Are you serving yourself or have you previously??

Done the same course in WIT. No man im on the panel have my medical done so hopefully ill be called up after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

got email today,saying the recruitment for general services for 2012 is now closed,im on the panel,they are currently reorganisating the army,from 3 to 2 brigade,and its not possible to give placings on such a panel at this time.

anyone else got this?

I think its not bad,because there are few people who will be retired,or quit,so we can get in.

any idea about how many people are on this list,those who done the medical,not those who were placed on the panel after interview?

i think there are people about for a platton,but im not sure

u got that today? what interview centre? i got that email after the interview. ya if you have your medical done im sure ya have a good chance. i was told that they are trying to take the people with their medical done on in the new year possibly january. i think they just need permission from government. i wonder will some people be cut from the panel or what

• Advertisement

u got that today? what interview centre? i got that email after the interview. ya if you have your medical done im sure ya have a good chance. i was told that they are trying to take the people with their medical done on in the new year possibly january. i think they just need permission from government. i wonder will some people be cut from the panel or what

yeah,i got it yesterday, i done my interview in the cathal brugha barrack mid july,had my medical in mid august in snt bricin's and was waiting since august untill yesterday

alri i done mine in the curragh was put on the panel after interviews but got called for a medical in oct. ya would have been on stanby for the brugha but they wouldn be replacing anyone at this stage so your put on the panel. ul be near the top of course and id reckon ur in wit a great shout seeing as uv everythin done. i think they will take us on but we could be sent to any barracks as they see fit or even the air corp if they get sanctioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

qwertzuio wrote: »
    got email today,saying the recruitment for general services for 2012 is now closed,im on the panel,they are currently reorganisating the army,from 3 to 2 brigade,and its not possible to give placings on such a panel at this time.

anyone else got this?

I think its not bad,because there are few people who will be retired,or quit,so we can get in.

any idea about how many people are on this list,those who done the medical,not those who were placed on the panel after interview?

i think there are people about for a platton,but im not sure

Enough for a platoon I think you may guess again these panels could be upwards of a couple of hundered to a thousand people at any time that is so the dont have to keep interviewing.

he didnt mean the whole panel is enough for one platoon he means the people who done their medicals already. id think theirs enough for two maybe three with people who done medicals

Anyone hear of any plans to take on people on the panel who have their medical done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Hey guys, Is there any indication that there will be a recruitment campaign for 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Widsy97

I emailed them yesterday. Told me to keep an eye on the website. They don't know if they are going to have a recruitment campaign yet.

I'm 27, so this is my last chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Widsy97 wrote: »
    I emailed them yesterday. Told me to keep an eye on the website. They don't know if they are going to have a recruitment campaign yet.

I'm 27, so this is my last chance...

Is it Cadetship you were looking at applying to? I thought that the age cap for general enlistment was 24.

Theirs a panel of suitable applicants if they need to recruit so I wouldn't be too confident of a new comp. Watch the website for updates. As for the cadets their usually is a annual competition they just need sanction from the government

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Widsy97

Yes, Cadetship.

Realistically I've about a 10% chance.

But if I don't apply, I'll never know.

• Advertisement

Theirs a panel of suitable applicants if they need to recruit so I wouldn't be too confident of a new comp. Watch the website for updates. As for the cadets their usually is a annual competition they just need sanction from the government

our comp. was announced on 14/03/2012
    hope,those of us on the panel, we can start before 14/03/2013

The panel for our competition didn't exist until about august. They are now in the process of putting all panels from each interview centre together and recruitment have said to a few people that the panel will last the whole year. It lasts until august anyway.

The panel from 2010 competition was only dissolved at the start of 2012. Unless the need mass recruitment this year they will take what they need from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ODochartaigh

Does anyone know if the Reserves are still taking people on? I'd like to join for something to do over the summer but I hear there's been huge cutbacks in recruitment and numbers so I don't really know whats happening. I'm emailing the RDF 2 Brigade office tomorrow to see what they can tell me more but I'm just wondering if anyone here was in a similar situation or could help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Joining the Reserves is not "something to do over the summer". It is a much longer term commitment than that.
    Maybe you should look again at what it means and the type of commitment that is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

There will be no recruitment in the reserve this year until the strength is below the establishment. Given that post reduction there should be lots of supernumary people, I don't see any recruiting taking place for the next year at least.

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Joining the Reserves is not "something to do over the summer". It is a much longer term commitment than that.
    Maybe you should look again at what it means and the type of commitment that is required.

I realize that, I was planning on keeping it up for at least a year as part of my Gold Gaisce if it went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I realize that, I was planning on keeping it up for at least a year as part of my Gold Gaisce if it went well.

Gaisce? So you actually want a medal for joining?

Gaisce? So you actually want a medal for joining?

No, you're picking me up wrong. I'm doing Gaisce regardless if I join the RDF and I'll be joining the RDF (fingers crossed) regardless of Gaisce, the fact that the two overlap is just a happy coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Hi there ladies and gents, have been reading this thread with some interest as I am considering a career in the DF in the near future. I just have a quick question with regard to the 'intake process' am I right in assuming that if there is a recruitment competition that the stages are all set, that is, not like in the British Army where I believe you can pass certain stages and different times throughout the year?

The reason I am asking is that I think to become a 'viable' candidate for selection I would need to do a fair bit of work (above the normal large amount of course!) but certainly wouldn't want to be waiting 6 months or a year to start what is already a fairly long process, indeed I can ill afford it in terms of money etc.

Cheers

Dan

• Advertisement

Ya all set stages but their probably won't be a recruitment competition this year so ya have plenty of time to prepare

Advertisement