Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

c-90 wrote: »
    The only paperwork that had to come back was security and I already have that (rdf)

Doubt they can rectify whatever happend before the medicals/fitness.

Bull****.

Hold on, you had your security through the RDF... Did you let the competition authority know that you had this security already, or leave them to figure it out themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

New vetting has to done each time I don't understand how yours never came back tho? Probably too late now to do anything but seems like you got a raw deal

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

discus wrote: »
    Hold on, you had your security through the RDF... Did you let the competition authority know that you had this security already, or leave them to figure it out themselves?

They told everyone they needed a new clearance.

A raw deal indeed that probably could have been avoided. Any idea on when the new medical/fitness tests are being run. ?

Has anyone worked in manpower or anything that knows of cases like this?

Even if it was security why wasn't I told It never came back and seing as they're looking for another clearance from those on the panel why couldn't I have atleast bein given another chance.

We have to reply by the 12th of may so i assume the end of may start of June for fitness. Get your file from the FOI officer and follow it up you could have a case against them although I doubt there's much that can be done at this stage

F.o.i. Officer got my letter today followed up by an email for me!

Delighted!

• Advertisement

So your back in ye?

So your back in ye?

Thank god yea.

Can you do me a huge favor and post on here when you get emails from them so I know if I've been lost again, if we get the same platoon ill iron yer uniform for a week hahah

Heard platoons are to be going in this sept another 400 pers in total.

400? Isn't their only 200 on the panel?

Delighted for ya man ill post when I get emails but I'm holding ya to the ironing haha I'm hearing sept too

400? Isn't their only 200 on the panel?

Delighted for ya man ill post when I get emails but I'm holding ya to the ironing haha I'm hearing sept too

Person I was talking to was talking to someone in the brigade training centre. Either way best of luck hope we get a place

Hopefully man get training ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Emails were sent out today regarding recruitment which stated that the army plan to induct recruits from the panel before the end of 2013 if they get sanction and asking whether you were interested or not. So it's a good sign at least.

Got mine and replied straight away, absolutely delighted! :D really hope I get in this time around, I haven't stopped training because I'd never given up hope about the panel. My chances are much much higher this time (thats hoping everything go well for the medical!)

I was called from the panel for my medical in October but didnt get a place so hopefully all going well I get offered a place this time hopefully everything goes well for us all

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Did anyone get a confirmation email back from the army after you replied to theirs email?
    or we will after the 12 of may?

I got a reply saying thanks for your reply please monitor your email for details of further stages of this competition

I got a reply saying thanks for your reply please monitor your email for details of further stages of this competition

thanks.
    i didn't get any email back... i have to rang them monday

I'm sure ul get a reply back just ring to be safe

I'm sure ul get a reply back just ring to be safe
    ye, i will ring them for sure, i dont know if the recruitment department will be available tommorrow but i will try anyway.
    where have you applied?

Ya ring them Tuesday don't think they are open Monday and Wednesday is an army holiday I think... Applied to the curragh camp you?

Ya ring them Tuesday don't think they are open Monday and Wednesday is an army holiday I think... Applied to the curragh camp you?
    I applied to the Cathal Brugha Barrack. its in Dublin.
    I am living in wexford, so its a bit away. Do you know anyone else who applied there?

Looks like they're gettin another reply from me so. Hah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Shocko93

Looks like they're gettin another reply from me so. Hah

I got no reply either. Did you re-email them? I done everything except the medical last year. I applied for Rathmines too.

Shocko93 wrote: »
    I got no reply either. Did you re-email them? I done everything except the medical last year. I applied for Rathmines too.

No ill wait until monday. No harm in resending one, they seemed to misplace or forgot my application last year. Not leaving anything to chance this time

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

No ill wait until monday. No harm in resending one, they seemed to misplace or forgot my application last year. Not leaving anything to chance this time

Same I didn't get an email back either, I applied to McKee Barracks but they've been working through the Manpower Office in Cathal Brugha Bk, sure no harm in re-sending one though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Got the email about the recruitment later this year now its a waiting game :)

Also no reply from them after i replied to their email.

I applied in Cathal Brugha Bk.

Who has their medical done i got put on the list after the interviews seen a few of you's have your medical done does anybody not have their medical done?

Good luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shocko93

Mop93 wrote: »
    Got the email about the recruitment later this year now its a waiting game :)

Also no reply from them after i replied to their email.

I applied in Cathal Brugha Bk.

Who has their medical done i got put on the list after the interviews seen a few of you's have your medical done does anybody not have their medical done?

Good luck lads

I haven't done mine. Haven't had a reply either. Waiting impatiently. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Did the email give a rough start date?

Did the email give a rough start date?

Nope but I've heard September and the fact that we only have until the 12th to reply adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just how difficult is it to get into the Air Corps in Ireland? Do they really only take on ~ 2 each year for recruitment? Is applying the same as for a cadetship into the Army/Navy?
    Also, there is a small Airborne element to the Irish Army if Im right? Are they officially part of the Army or the Air Corp and how difficult is it to get into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

http://www.military.ie/careers/air-corp/cadetships/induction

http://www.military.ie/careers/air-corp/apprentices

Appears to be an online application to start with, looks like they're looking for the technically inclined. Apprenticeships available when advertised and to top candidates. Looks a really good career program if you can get in. I would say difficult unless they're hiring, but you never know till you try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have read the Military.ie website from top to bottom, was just hoping to get an insight from someone who has maybe been trying for a while, or info on the Airborne side of things. :)

Advertisement