Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

david2013 wrote: »
    from the horses mouth ppl >> autumn!! http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2013-06-18a.64

Cheers buddy Ur settling a few nerves ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

kind of guessed it would be around then but its nice to have it somewhat confirmed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

yea just hope my number on the panel is low ha ha would like to hear im number 32 or something

yea just hope my number on the panel is low ha ha would like to hear im number 32 or something

Ha me too i wonder how many people on the panel have already done a medical? I know we will have to do them again but I'm sure the ones who have them done will be in with a good shout for a place in a platoon.

• Advertisement

yea havent 1 done meself but the ppl wit that done will have do fitness and medical again so doubt it'll matter after that.. hope not anyway!

Fingers crossed now ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

What's the story now, anybody hear anything since?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Local-womaniser around September-ish most likely.

Just keep an eye on your emails and here every now and again.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Mop93 wrote: »
    Local-womaniser around September-ish most likely.

Just keep an eye on your emails and here every now and again.

Hope that helps.

Been there done that thankfully. Just being nosy :)

• Advertisement

I'd reckon wel get emails towards the end July or start of August

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

any idea when we'll have to re do the garda vetting?

I guess we'll do when we do our fitness test because that will be before medical test. but i'm worry about the time it will take again... last year i didn't get in because of this, as many others last year and the years before.

dont get ya, is there somethin on your record pending is it? i know ppl that have got in with serious enough offences so unless its big i wouldnt worry

dont get ya, is there somethin on your record pending is it? i know ppl that have got in with serious enough offences so unless its big i wouldnt worry

i'm clear:D there is nothing on my record... i'm just worrying about the time it will take again to came back(garda vetting) because this is why i couldn't get in last time. last year it took 4-5 months for me(garda vetting to come back). filled my paper at the interview in middle of july and it hasn't arived back untill end of november last year...(garda vetting)
    the soonest we fill out those paper we'll have bigger chance for it to come back in time...
    minimum it takes 10-12 weeks for garda vettings,few people got it in shortet time,so the only thing i'm worry about is that it could come back later than they are taking us on, and than i'm out again...
    this is the most annoying,because you can't do anything about it...

oh yea get ya now.. bad that your career chance is put into the hands of a lazy guard half arsed bout vetting's id imagine so anyway haha.. but doesnt the vetting go back to the barracks u applied in so how would we know when its back or how long it took?

and also could it of took that long considering we on panel, and if it did surely it wouldnt take them as long next time theres bound to be some sort of system

and also could it of took that long considering we on panel, and if it did surely it wouldnt take them as long next time theres bound to be some sort of system

i called Cathal Brugha barracks last year every 2nd week from september to november(i also called the garda vetting office but they couldn't do anything,they have to do it in time order), the last time i called the barrack was when the last platoon started in middle of november, and the officer told me that my garda vetting is still not back therefore i couldn't start(he also told me that there are many others with the same problem). so from july to november it took 4 months. but people in the september's platoon got back their garda vetting in less than 2 months...
    the problem is that every garda vetting request goes to one place in ireland,to tipperary,and every job asks you to be garda vetted, even schools do... so they are well behind with applications

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

qwertzuio wrote: »
    i called Cathal Brugha barracks last year every 2nd week from september to november(i also called the garda vetting office but they couldn't do anything,they have to do it in time order), the last time i called the barrack was when the last platoon started in middle of november, and the officer told me that my garda vetting is still not back therefore i couldn't start(he also told me that there are many others with the same problem). so from july to november it took 4 months. but people in the september's platoon got back their garda vetting in less than 2 months...
    the problem is that every garda vetting request goes to one place in ireland,to tipperary,and every job asks you to be garda vetted, even schools do... so they are well behind with applications

I got the same guy with the same story. Then I ceased to exist to them and was told I'd have to contact the f.o.i. Section to see what happend.

The system obviously has holes. Cnunts

c-90 wrote: »
    I got the same guy with the same story. Then I ceased to exist to them and was told I'd have to contact the f.o.i. Section to see what happend.

The system obviously has holes. Cnunts

Ye, i agree with you...
    i just don't understand if they had the same problem with the garda vetting over and over again(i saw many posts which are few years old,and people were complaining about the same problem with garda vetting) why don't they make people fill out those forms earlier?? like us, if they knew it in may that they want to train us sometime in autumn, than we should have done our garda vetting in may.if it takes 4-5 months again, than we could be on time if we had done garda vetting in may,because 5months from may is october. but now... if we fill out the papers, 4-5 months from end of july,than it will be december... that's winter,not autumn...so we out again if our garda vetting lates.
    i dont understand why does the army not have priority with the garda vettings in tipperary. You can start other jobs, while your garda vetting is pending... but you can't in the army,you have to wait untill it comes back.
    so for me, its axiomatic, that people who can start job while their garda vetting is pending, and there are people who can't, and those people are from a recruitment competition of a government organisation,so if i was the "rule maker" i would give priority to those people who are in urgent need of garda vetting. finding a job today is realy hard even if you have the qualifications and depends on "luck" and if you have a relatives or friends in the company... you and me could be in the plattoon for almost a year now with 3 stars on our shoulders ...and we failed because someone is too lazy to do their job properly...
    everybody was clear on that passing medical is not guarantee for a job offer, but failing because our garda vetting didn't come back in time... its a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

oh yea get ya now.. bad that your career chance is put into the hands of a lazy guard half arsed bout vetting's id imagine so anyway haha.. but doesnt the vetting go back to the barracks u applied in so how would we know when its back or how long it took?

There goes your form in the shredder.

Vetting is no longer dealt with by Gardaí, but by civil servants,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Just remember if you go over the age for the Army, the Naval Service sometimes have a higher max age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Hello

You will need to do a fitness test, every year for your service life which is push ups, sit ups and a 2 mile run followed by a 10k loaded terrain walk(on a different day). That is the fitness required for the DF, its is relaxed somewhat for over 40's and then over 50's

Normal work is basically normal office hours, however as members of the DF you have to do duties on weekends etc. Duties is not overtime (double pay etc) just part of your job. Training may also take place over weekends and also ceremonial duties. as an example Easter parade and St Pat day parade. Don't expect extra pay there is none. You get the standard 4 weeks leave a year.

During training be prepared for plenty of running, so get your fitness up before recruits try to get 6 min miles for 2 miles. Also work on push ups and sit ups. During recruit training be prepared for long days, and time on the ground. But it only lasts for 4 months.

Max for 2 mile run is just over 15 secs, however when you do push ups and sit ups it really affects your run. it really slows you down so leave more in the tank to pass.

To get through recruits take each day at a time, just work on one day. That way you will get through it. Don't do some kind of countdown as it will wreck your head. In recruits you will not get home often so bring plenty of underwear, socks, towels etc. bring a good pair of runners that you like to use Asics or Nike etc. Take some money to keep you going for the first while and a small padlock for a locker.

regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Bring combination locks, no key to lose! Also, bring spares.

yea the garda vet should be more of a priority to them.. all i can say is the day u get it fill it in and send it off strt away and hope for the best, be a sickenin way to lose out though!! Did the f.o.i tell you it was because of the garda vet coming back late that you didnt get it last year

There goes your form in the shredder.

Vetting is no longer dealt with by Gardaí, but by civil servants,

well sorry for not knowing that, but surely me form doesnt go into the shredder for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

yea the garda vet should be more of a priority to them.. all i can say is the day u get it fill it in and send it off strt away and hope for the best, be a sickenin way to lose out though!! Did the f.o.i tell you it was because of the garda vet coming back late that you didnt get it last year

Yeah he told me if it wasn't back at that stage i wasn't getting it (mid November) then when I rang manpower when the panel started getting emails he told me I didn't exist on their system. The foi said nothing but I got an email the same day the received my letter :D

I don't know how it takes so long for vetting shurley to god it's only a matter of typing someone's details into a computer and confirming details they put and or recommending/advising for service. 5 minutes maximum.

Why must everything be so primitive in Ireland were surrounded by systems that work why can't ours.

were surrounded by clowns in charge more like.. they do have to do a full bacground check though that'd be any house you ever lived in any type of charge against ya the more info the quicker it goes so rhey say.. ive minor road traffic and 4 addresses i cant see why rhere would be a holdup on yours with nothing like.. but as ya know this country's backwards!!

c-90 wrote: »
    Yeah he told me if it wasn't back at that stage i wasn't getting it (mid November) then when I rang manpower when the panel started getting emails he told me I didn't exist on their system. The foi said nothing but I got an email the same day the received my letter :D

I don't know how it takes so long for vetting shurley to god it's only a matter of typing someone's details into a computer and confirming details they put and or recommending/advising for service. 5 minutes maximum.

Why must everything be so primitive in Ireland were surrounded by systems that work why can't ours.

same story... he told me if my garda vetting is back in time,i can start,if not than no

• Advertisement

Advertisement