Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

vid of the man on hunger strike outside the govt offices, for the last 22 days and not one member has even acknowledged him they even said they didnt see him and theyve walked by him every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

mbiking123 wrote: »
    Max for 2 mile run is just over 15 secs

I'm VERY impressed - that's 480 mph - MUCH faster than anybody I know.

tac

hahaha mo farah and usain bolt wont get into the df at that rate

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

david2013 wrote: »
    vid of the man on hunger strike outside the govt offices, for the last 22 days and not one member has even acknowledged him they even said they didnt see him and theyve walked by him every morning

What does any of that have to do with a possible career in the Defence Forces?

If you're already on a "Government don't care about us" buzz, you're looking to join the wrong bloody job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

david2013 wrote: »

[MOD]david2013, read the charter, keep to the topic at hand, this is your only free exposure. if you wish to discuss matters such as property tax or a hunger striker, then please do, but go to the politics forum or somewhere else on boards more appropriate. any more off topic posts from anyone will be removed and infractions handed out.[/MOD]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

tac foley wrote: »
    I'm VERY impressed - that's 480 mph - MUCH faster than anybody I know.

tac

Oooooops that was mins - am sure you guessed that

Then again what do you expect at that hour of the morning ! posted after 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This item, just published, should be of interest to some here:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/shatter-launches-debate-on-future-of-the-defence-forces-1.1465472

Last two para's co-joined: Views are being sought from all “informed” people including academics, individuals and campaign groups. An electronic copy of the Green Paper on Defence is available on the Department of Defence website at defence.ie Submissions should be made in writing by e-mail to whitepaper@defence.ie or by post to the department’s Planning and Organisation Branch, Station Road, Newbridge, Co Kildare. The closing date for receipt of submissions is 10th October 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Check yer emails.

I just got called for a fitness test next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Where is your fitness test?

Cork

• Advertisement

Ok sound :)

Also did you do your medical last year ?

Mop93 wrote: »
    Also did you do your medical last year ?

Yup :)

Ok Thanks again

Was getting worried didn't get email but their obviously giving fitness test to the lads/lasses who have done the medical already.

Unfortunately :( i am not one of them back to waiting :)

Ok Thanks again

Was getting worried didn't get email but their obviously giving fitness test to the lads/lasses who have done the medical already.

They're probably still sorting out the emails. You might get one in the next few days. :)

Hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Ok Thanks again

When I was waiting for my email for the interview my mate got his, I got mine the next day. Our interview dates and time were the same too so don't be worrying yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Anyone from any other barracks receive emails yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Anyone from any other barracks receive emails yet?

no email yet
    Cathal Brugha Barrack
    medical done last year

qwertzuio wrote: »
    no email yet
    Cathal Brugha Barrack
    medical done last year

I done mine in October in the curragh hopefully wel hear soon

nothing from athlone anyone??

• Advertisement

The DF page on facebook is after putting up a photo from the 102nd Recruit Platoon. When did they start?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=608068905891172&set=a.360990357265696.87930.336382209726511&type=1

I think 102 started in October

I think 102 started in October

Ah ok. I thought it was recently.

They only passed out of 3 star in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

anything from dublin?

The only emails that have been sent out are from the southern brigade and the rest of the emails for other are to follow. . That's as much as iv been told anyway

there wont be much time in the difference so.. http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2013-07-18a.521&s=Defence+forces#g526 thats from last week or week before

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Have a fitness test Tuesday in cork haven't done a medical yet,,have a question about the medical if some1 could help "I broke my hand a few months back by stupidly punching a wall now 2 of my knuckles are gone and my hand is a bit bandy looking would this make me fail the medical ...thanks

Paul mac wrote: »
    Have a fitness test Tuesday in cork haven't done a medical yet,,have a question about the medical if some1 could help "I broke my hand a few months back by stupidly punching a wall now 2 of my knuckles are gone and my hand is a bit bandy looking would this make me fail the medical ...thanks
    Only a medical officer can tell you if you would fail but if you still have full use of it with no pain you might be alright. If they think you cant fulfil your duties they won't pass you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

You should be alright, those injuries are quite common and heal pretty quickly.
    If asked, you might be better off saying you injured it boxing or playing Hurling....

Advertisement