Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Paul mac wrote: »
    Have a fitness test Tuesday in cork haven't done a medical yet,,have a question about the medical if some1 could help "I broke my hand a few months back by stupidly punching a wall now 2 of my knuckles are gone and my hand is a bit bandy looking would this make me fail the medical ...thanks

You know yourself if it effects your day to day life, if it doesn't then you'd be mad to tell them, if it does then your in the wrong que. No part of the medical pays particular attention to the hands. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

if you can bend it and go down and do push and sit ups with it say nothing.. medical mightnt be for few weeks after that, dont say anything until they mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Has anyone received anything from the navy???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Have a fitness test Tuesday in cork haven't done a medical yet,,have a question about the medical if some1 could help "I broke my hand a few months back by stupidly punching a wall now 2 of my knuckles are gone and my hand is a bit bandy looking would this make me fail the medical ...thanks

If it's your "good hand" the one you use for usual manual tasks (eating, writing etc) it might be noticeable when it comes to weapon use, pistol, rifle, GPMG, particularly in cold weather. The pistol is a "change-hands" weapon on the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

aloyisious wrote: »
    If it's your "good hand" the one you use for usual manual tasks (eating, writing etc) it might be noticeable when it comes to weapon use, pistol, rifle, GPMG, particularly in cold weather. The pistol is a "change-hands" weapon on the range.

He'll be in by then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

i just gotta say punching a wall...genius

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Don't judge...!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Thanks lads...ya it's my good hand I can do pretty much every thing with it,push ups ,pull ups, lift weights..it dose get a bit stiff now and again when it's cold and stuff .goin to the doctor there at the weekend to get the once over so il see what he says and fingers crossed from there on ..and ya its not a good idea to punch a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Emails are out for the curragh got mine about an hour ago so check your emails

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

If anyone hears from Cathal Brugha Barracks can you just post up here please.

• Advertisement

whens ur fitness test for in the curragh?

Tuesday 6th August at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭qwertzuio

Mop93 wrote: »
    If anyone hears from Cathal Brugha Barracks can you just post up here please.

Hey man!!

I got email from Cathal Brugha Barracks. Fitnes test next wednesday 13:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Passed the fitness today. There was about 60 people being tested today i think, and i think this is the only test day so that's it for Cork AFAIK.

They said medicals will be in about 1-2 weeks, so they seem to be moving us through the process a lot quicker then usual.

Congrats and best of luck with the medical u shud be grand.. Did they process the vetting on the spot or are they sending it off? I'd reckon starting dates will be first or second week of September

amurph0 wrote: »
    Passed the fitness today. There was about 60 people being tested today i think, and i think this is the only test day so that's it for Cork AFAIK.

They said medicals will be in about 1-2 weeks, so they seem to be moving us through the process a lot quicker then usual.

Congratulations!!
    Did they mention anything about the garda vetting?

Congrats and best of luck with the medical u shud be grand.. Did they process the vetting on the spot or are they sending it off? I'd reckon starting dates will be first or second week of September
    qwertzuio wrote: »
    Congratulations!!
    Did they mention anything about the garda vetting?

Cheers. :)

They processed the vetting form after the run.

They had originally sent us the forms in the email but when we got there everyone had to fill out a fresh vetting form anyway.

They were very strict with having the forms filled correctly. If you have a spelling mistake, letter crossed out, pen mark in the wrong place or if the writing wasn't legible then you have to fill out a new one.

EDIT: Also if you're going then make sure you bring absolutely everything requested in the email, some people were turned away for not having the notification email, birth cert, Doctors cert, etc

Cheers. :)

They processed the vetting form after the run.

They had originally sent us the forms in the email but when we got there everyone had to fill out a fresh vetting form anyway.

They were very strict with having the forms filled correctly. Any kind of spelling mistake, letter crossed out, pen mark in the wrong place or if the writing wasn't legible and the person had to go back and fill out another one.

Thanks! :D

got email for cathal brugha next tues.. happy days!! if you have any convictions you'd wanna go court clerk and ask for the forms for there dates and that.

qwertziou what run was it was it laid out the same as athlone? on the yard and four corners?

• Advertisement

any1 know what the craic is with the fitness tests in the curragh? on the panel from last year and still havetn heard anything? they taking on everyone from the panel or what? cant get a answer whenever i contact recruitment

kev9257 wrote: »
    any1 know what the craic is with the fitness tests in the curragh? on the panel from last year and still havetn heard anything? they taking on everyone from the panel or what? cant get a answer whenever i contact recruitment
    Was told they were sending out 100 emails not sure if that's true though iv only heard of one day for the curragh and I don't think they would do 100 tests on one day? Not sure though best bet is to try recruitment again tomoro

just some info for any1 who wants it, their not taking on every1 from the panel there only taking on the people who got the highest scores in the interview.Thesy also said if the brigade decides to increase its numbers then other people in the panel will be contacted, maybe in another few weeks if it happens at all

Just got an email from the navy fitness test next Monday 2 o'clock ..done the fitness test the other day for the army so am I right in guessing I don't av to do it again...

That's how it was originally but I'm not too sure this time around. Ring
    Navy manpower and see what they say

just some info for any1 who wants it, their not taking on every1 from the panel there only taking on the people who got the highest scores in the interview.Thesy also said if the brigade decides to increase its numbers then other people in the panel will be contacted, maybe in another few weeks if it happens at all

Did you get an email in the end lad?

nope rang em up today hoping they made a mistake or something but thats what they told me

Just got an email from the navy fitness test next Monday 2 o'clock ..done the fitness test the other day for the army so am I right in guessing I don't av to do it again...

When I was at the Army fitness a few days ago they were checking which people had also applied for the Navy. They said if you have the Army fitness done then you don't need to do the Navy one, and vice versa.

nope rang em up today hoping they made a mistake or something but thats what they told me

I'm sorry to hear that Kev hang on in there you might get lucky later on

• Advertisement

When I was at the Army fitness a few days ago they were checking which people had also applied for the Navy. They said if you have the Army fitness done then you don't need to do the Navy one, and vice versa.

Cheers...

Advertisement