Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Just saying lads, if anybody gets an offer from the navy I'd take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

kev9257 wrote: »
    just some info for any1 who wants it, their not taking on every1 from the panel there only taking on the people who got the highest scores in the interview.Thesy also said if the brigade decides to increase its numbers then other people in the panel will be contacted, maybe in another few weeks if it happens at all

is it def the ppl who got the highest scores in interview yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Paul mac wrote: »
    Just got an email from the navy fitness test next Monday 2 o'clock ..done the fitness test the other day for the army so am I right in guessing I don't av to do it again...

No.
    If you want to join the navy you must do their fitness test also.

It's quite special, and it gives the base a chance to get a good look at you. Honkeys opinions don't count.

Cheers...

Keep in mind the people answering these questions are also going after the same job you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Just got an email from the navy fitness test next Monday 2 o'clock ..done the fitness test the other day for the army so am I right in guessing I don't av to do it again...

Do you know what number you were given when you were put on the panel last year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Panda.w wrote: »
    Do you know what number you were given when you were put on the panel last year??

Ya I was 72..

Just emailed the navy about already doing the army fitness.they said there's no need to do it again and could I come and do a medical on Monday the 12th....happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaronduffy

Ya I was 72..

How do you know your panel number??

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

The navy gave out panel numbers I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Keep in mind the people answering these questions are also going after the same job you are.

Actually I'm not going for the navy.

No way I'm going back to Haulbowline haha

Also just go an email from Collins Barracks. Medical next thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

I got a 100e fine recently for being drunk in a public place. Will that stop me getting in the navy or what you guys reckon?

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    I got a 100e fine recently for being drunk in a public place. Will that stop me getting in the navy or what you guys reckon?

It's only a misdemeanor, don't worry about it. Unless your a drug dealer or smuggling weapons then I wouldn't worry too much about the vetting.

Thanks for the reply mate. Are you in the navy yourself or do you know people who got in with drinking fines? Cheers in advance

amurph0 wrote: »
    It's only a misdemeanor, don't worry about it. Unless your a drug dealer or smuggling weapons then I wouldn't worry too much about the vetting.

No such thing as a misdemeanour(sic) in this state sir. Its either an offence(convicted in the District court) or a felony(convicted in the Circuit court).

How recent? Why didn't you get probation? Was it a first offence?

Don't answer me, these are the questions the board will be asking themselves when considering your application.

So will they call me in to explain myself or will they discard my application straight away because of the fine?

Ya I was 72..

how find out??

I was told in the email that said I was being placed on a panel,,,

aaronduffy wrote: »
    How do you know your panel number??

When the copm was finished last year we were emailed saying we wernt successful and telling us what number we wer on the panel

No such thing as a misdemeanour(sic) in this state sir. Its either an offence(convicted in the District court) or a felony(convicted in the Circuit court).

Don't answer me, these are the questions the board will be asking themselves when considering your application.

if u got probation would it be on your record??

david2013 wrote: »
    if u got probation would it be on your record??
    No

• Advertisement

Army or Navy ??

Panda.w wrote: »
    When the copm was finished last year we were emailed saying we wernt successful and telling us what number we wer on the panel

i got an email too but never seen a num on it?

david2013 wrote: »
    i got an email too but never seen a num on it?

Sorry bud it was actually sent a week later in a seperate email

By misdemeanor i meant it isn't a serious crime, i wasn't being technical.

And to DVPJC88, I was formally in the Navy but I'm going for the Army now (couldn't transfer). And yes I know people who've gotten in with worse offences. I'm not guaranteeing anything, I'm just saying you shouldn't worry too much.

Passed my fitness today lads delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Same :) Only delighted ....congratz

Congrats to you too were ya in the curragh?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

No, Cathal Brugha. What about you?

Was in the curragh the platoon there is staring on the 23rd of September

• Advertisement

Congrats lads :)

If the Curragh and Cathal Brugha are going at the same pace as Cork then ye should have ye're medical next week.
    Was in the curragh the platoon there is staring on the 23rd of September

Is it only one platoon? I thought there'd be at least two.

Advertisement