Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Our Medicals start this Friday. It's only looking like 1 platoon with ten reserves the rest will be on a list for platoons later in the year or start of next year. This is what they told us today.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

yeah i was told the same late september/early october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

Mop93 wrote: »
    yeah i was told the same late september/early october.

only 1 platoon?? out of all of this its only 1?

No their taking 5-6 alltogether , they said their taking on 200-225 to us today

A corporal in the curragh told us it could be up to 10 platoons overall which dosnt sound right to me

• Advertisement

sounds like alot but you never know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Last year they had 2 in the Curragh, 1 in Gormanstown, 1 in Athlone, 1 in Galway and 1 in Donegal. I think that was the lot of them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

A corporal in the curragh told us it could be up to 10 platoons overall which dosnt sound right to me

That's about 300 recruits which sounds right to me seeing as how the PDF is undermanned by about 450.

they need around 400/450 the minister for defence said that.. hopefully they take us all in before Jan cos im 25 haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Going in for my PT's today in Cathal Brugha lads, wish me luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Good luck man, enjoy!

So how did you get on pk998?

Mop93 wrote: »
    So how did you get on pk998?

Passed with a time 10.05 on the run and aced the push-ups and sit-ups :D delighted now! Fingers crossed for the medical now haha. Found out some info while filling out the vetting forms there is currently 500 people on the panel and 200 places to be filled by the end of the year, sorry if this has already been mentioned just thought it'd be worth poping up for some info, also when you get called to the medical make sure you're clean shaven, otherwise the doc's wont look at you. (looks like its buy-buy beard lol) Also another thing that was mentioned was that anything you hear from facebook and what people say on it as regards to numbers, times, when, where is all bs, the only people who know the true facts and figures is the personal in the recruitment office, and a big well done to whomever else was doing their PT's today down in Cathal Brugha! hope the medicals go well for everyone and hopefully see ya's in September lads :)

pk998 wrote: »
    Passed with a time 10.05 on the run and aced the push-ups and sit-ups :D delighted now! Fingers crossed for the medical now haha. Found out some info while filling out the vetting forms there is currently 500 people on the panel and 200 places to be filled by the end of the year, sorry if this has already been mentioned just thought it'd be worth poping up for some info, also when you get called to the medical make sure you're clean shaven, otherwise the doc's wont look at you. (looks like its buy-buy beard lol) Also another thing that was mentioned was that anything you hear from facebook and what people say on it as regards to numbers, times, when, where is all bs, the only people who know the true facts and figures is the personal in the recruitment office, and a big well done to whomever else was doing their PT's today down in Cathal Brugha! hope the medicals go well for everyone and hopefully see ya's in September lads :)

Well done on the run. But don't you think the second half of your post kinda contradicts the first half? :P

EDIT: Fixed. Meant to say "post" instead of "sentence".

amurph0 wrote: »
    Well done on the run. But don't you think the second half of your sentence kinda contradicts the first half? :P

Maybe :P.... I'm just glad to have made it in under 11 min haha plus it didn't help that the sun was blaring down on us today, still thou my aerobic fitness leaves a tad bit to be desired ha.

pk998 wrote: »
    Maybe :P.... I'm just glad to have made it in under 11 min haha plus it didn't help that the sun was blaring down on us today, still thou my aerobic fitness leaves a tad bit to be desired ha.

They have plenty of time to " motivate" you into shape ;) well done on the run lad we had the rain beating down on us yesterday

id rather the rain meself :D what was the run? around the barracks twice? was there someone every couple of minutes telling you how many mins you were gone ?

They have plenty of time to " motivate" you into shape ;) well done on the run lad we had the rain beating down on us yesterday

Ah you lucky sob's lol, say it must have been heaven running in that.

david2013 wrote: »
    id rather the rain meself :D what was the run? around the barracks twice? was there someone every couple of minutes telling you how many mins you were gone ?

No there's a road marked out at 1.2km in the camp so we had to run down it around a cone and back up. Nobody telling us anything most of us had stopwatches. Ran it in 9:51

Haha never thought rain would be heaven but ya it was pretty good :D

• Advertisement

Is the fitness test graded or is it just Pass or Fail?

I remember a fella telling me before that the fitness test is just Pass/Fail and the only part that's actually graded is the interview.

It's pass/fail. They do record times tho but you pass as long as you meet the minimum requirement. They are going by top interview scores

amurph0 wrote: »
    Is the fitness test graded or is it just Pass or Fail?

I remember a fella telling me before that the fitness test is just Pass/Fail and the only part that's actually graded is the interview.

Yes the fitness test is just a pass or fail event. The interview on the other hand is scored based on what the interviewee has said. The interviews look out for certain things that the interviewee says which grants them points.

No there's a road marked out at 1.2km in the camp so we had to run down it around a cone and back up. Nobody telling us anything most of us had stopwatches. Ran it in 9:51

ill be investing in a stopwatch so ha..

Best thing to have lad its better than trying to carry a phone or whatever. I know if I run the 1.2 in under 5 mins I'm flying.. Have you not done your fitness test yet?

yea done one last year in athlone, done it in 10.20.. ave being trainin but only bringing the phone, awkward enough.. in cathal brugha this fri

Seems to be a lot of fitness tests for cathal brugha I think der was only one day in the curragh? Must be two or 3 platoons for the brugha so.. Best of luck with it lad ul be grand

Seems to be a lot of fitness tests for cathal brugha I think der was only one day in the curragh? Must be two or 3 platoons for the brugha so.. Best of luck with it lad ul be grand

panel from athlone was sent to dublin for some reason, so ppl on that panels being tested up there aswell..

That's a bit strange.. There's a platoon in the curragh with ten lads on standby and the rest are going to the southern brigades panel. There's 55 who passed the fitness I think

• Advertisement

That's a bit strange.. There's a platoon in the curragh with ten lads on standby and the rest are going to the southern brigades panel. There's 55 who passed the fitness I think

oright.. i havent heard anything happening in athlone but hopefully theres a platoon hitting there too haha

Advertisement