Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Have my medical Monday morning. fingers crossed now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Skinnykenyan when did you do your fitness test and how long after the fitness test did you get your email for medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

What's the new DF contract period?

Done my fitness test on Tuesday and I got my medical at about half ten this morning

aloyisious wrote: »
    What's the new DF contract period?

Not too sure but I thinks it's an initial period of 6 years, renew it for 5, then 4, then every 3 years after that. But I'm sure someone will correct me

• Advertisement

@SK:Ta, and if you get in, get your foot on the promotion-ladder to ensure your job when it comes to re-enlistment. On the "hurry up and wait" front, get into the switch-off and relax rhythm so you don't go "bananas". Think of it as if you're on a flight: sports, sleep or read a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

Has anyone here that done their fitness test yesterday got an e-mail ?
    Did mine yesterday in cathal brugha and passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Not too sure but I thinks it's an initial period of 6 years, renew it for 5, then 4, then every 3 years after that. But I'm sure someone will correct me

Initial period of 5 years, then extend to take you upto 9 years, then upto 12 years, then upto 21 years and every 3 years after that... I'm nearly positive that's the timeline.

On the pay front, all new entrants have been absolutely ****ed by PDFORRA. As a Private, your pay will be ****e for quite some time. When they come to sell you PDFORRA as the great saviour's of the enlisted ranks, just remember how your payscale looks as a Private. Be sure to remind them of it when they ask for you to subscribe to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭CIGANO

There will be a platoon for Finner camp before the end of the year, 35-40 bods.

What is the PDFORRA ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Mop93 wrote: »
    What is the PDFORRA ?

It's the representive organisation for enlisted men and NCOs in the DF. The officers are represented by RACO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

have me test today in cathal brugha :D

david2013 wrote: »
    have me test today in cathal brugha :D

Good luck

Mop93 wrote: »
    What is the PDFORRA ?

Permanent Defence Forces Other Ranks Representative Association (bit of a mouthful) so abbreviated in Milltary fashion. Imagine using it in a radio message :D RACO = Representative Association of Commissioned Officers.

Good luck man

cheers.. passed anyway.

cheers.. passed anyway.

Good on ya lad

Fair play ;)

How long are the fitness tests on for does anyone know?

dylan051 wrote: »

Not sure pal but I think they were finished today and the Medicals start on Monday

• Advertisement

dylan051 wrote: »

Talking to a private in Cathal Brugha he said they were on until today and that was it but not sure if that's the case , hope that helps.

Thanks lads, so from what I've heard all medicals are next week.

passed my fitness in Cathal brugha on Wednesday , waiting on word back!

The Medicals in the curragh are on up till the 27th of August I think they're doing one day a week dunno what the other barracks are doing

The Medicals in the curragh are on up till the 27th of August I think they're doing one day a week dunno what the other barracks are doing

Probably the same , none of us can say for sure, just wait for a call back

they said they dont even have dates sorted yet themselves for the medicaks. Just keep an eye on the emails!!

they said they dont even have dates sorted yet themselves for the medicaks. Just keep an eye on the emails!!

They say that to yous today ?
    Yeah suppose we've done all we can now!
    Well done passing the fitness too man

Thought yas would have got an idea about dates anyways nothin more we can do it's in their hands now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

thank ****! :) ha just got an email sayin ive bein transfered to the cork barracks (applied for the curragh) and ive a fitness test on the 16th :) thought i was ****ed ha

Ah bud I'm delighted for ya ha.. We were told that some of the curragh panel were being transferred but I thought that was people who passed but didn't get in a platoon.. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Passed my medical. They said that notifications will be sent out to the people on the Cork panel who got a placement within the next two weeks. :)

Advertisement