Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Had my fitness test yesterday in Cathal brugha barracks, they failed me for my height!! Even lough I passed height restrictions last year. Safe to say I'm going to a solicitor first thing Monday morning. And what made things worse I would have passed that run easily in under 9 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Had my fitness test yesterday in Cathal brugha barracks, they failed me for my height!! Even lough I passed height restrictions last year. Safe to say I'm going to a solicitor first thing Monday morning. And what made things worse I would have passed that run easily in under 9 minutes :(

That's rough what height are you? Get on to recruitment and tell them you applied under the height restrictions they advertised on their website last year and these should still apply.. Two people failed Medicals on the height last year but complained and were put in a platoon

That's rough what height are you? Get on to recruitment and tell them you applied under the height restrictions they advertised on their website last year and these should still apply.. Two people failed Medicals on the height last year but complained and were put in a platoon

The only thing that is bothering me is that it is the fault of the DF and not me. I have already sent emails out. I remember them saying LSAT year that I was just above the 5.2 and this year they said I was 1.5cm below the 5.2 limit. The only thing that really annoyed me was when I asked why I passed one year and failed the next, they seems to make a joke of me saying I have obviously shrunk. I doubt that from the age of 17-19 I shrunk. Yes I know about the 2 people who got in and trust I'm not backing down from that anytime soon!!!

So they said you don't even meet the 5"2 restriction? Somebody f*ckrd up here

So they said you don't even meet the 5"2 restriction? Somebody f*ckrd up here

Yeah and now after traveling half the courty they threw me out of the competition, not the last they will hear of me that's for certain, their mistake not mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

Have a medical for the southern brigade in cork this week.. Having already done medical in October I was called off the panel and passed it , but was obviously used a sub for the October platoon in Kilkenny!
    So far I have heard that there is medicals for the southern brigade this month on the 7th, 8th, 12th, 13th, 21st and the 26th ..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

Anyone else goin for the navy or just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Yvan eht nioj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

yhw

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

amurph0 wrote: »
    Passed my medical. They said that notifications will be sent out to the people on the Cork panel who got a placement within the next two weeks. :)

How will they be placing in two weeks I'm doing my medical in cork and that's in two weeks. Unless they're staggering start dates for platoons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

cork2 wrote: »
    How will they be placing in two weeks I'm doing my medical in cork and that's in two weeks. Unless they're staggering start dates for platoons.

Well they said they could be taking more platoons towards the end of the year. Maybe your on a list for then?

I don't really know, I'm just telling you what they said to me.

Well they said they could be taking more platoons towards the end of the year. Maybe your on a list for then?

I'm just telling you what they said to me.

How many attended the medical on your day?? Did you do a medical in October just gone?

Speedy19 wrote: »
    How many attended the medical on your day?? Did you do a medical in October just gone?

There was five at my medical (including me), and it was the only medical on that day for recruits. The guy who met us at the gate said we were the second or third lot doing medicals. So by my guessing I'd say there was about 5-10 people who did medicals before me.

Yes I did the medical last year.

There was five at my medical (including me), and it was the only medical on that day for recruits. The guy who met us at the gate said we were the second or third lot doing medicals. So by my guessing I'd say there was about 5-10 people who did medicals before me.

Yes I did the medical last year.

It's mad the way there is a medical date on the 26th and there could be a platoon in next 2 weeks .. Mine is this week, I think you could have done your medical with me last year because there was a fella there who was in the navy but couldn't transfer ha

It's mad the way there is a medical date on the 26th and there could be a platoon in next 2 weeks .. Mine is this week, I think you could have done your medical with me last year because there was a fella there who was in the navy but couldn't transfer ha

Well as I was saying there earlier the PDF lads we were talking to said they are planning on taking more platoons before the end of the year so maybe the lads who are doing their medicals later in the month are listed for that intake?

That was probably me haha. Although there's a good few lads I know of that are in the Navy and currently going for Army recruits. I don't know them personally though.

Well as I was saying there earlier the PDF lads we were talking to said they are planning on taking more platoons before the end of the year so maybe the lads who are doing their medicals later in the month are listed for that intake?

That was probably me haha. Although there's a good few lads I know of that are in the Navy and currently going for Army recruits. I don't know them personally though.

Yes I know what you mean! Would I be right in presuming people who have done medicals before and are still on the panel are a step closer to recruitment than those who haven't done medicals? It's only a presumption!!

There was 3 lads dropping out when we went to see the doctor, one lad wouldn't shut up giving out! We're you there that day?

Yes I know what you mean! Would I be right in presuming people who have done medicals before and are still on the panel are a step closer to recruitment than those who haven't done medicals? It's only a presumption!!

Well as far as I know the people who scored higher on the interview we given medicals last year, and the people towards the end of the panel didn't do a medical. That's why this year there is no interview, everything is based off the interview we did last year.
    There was 3 lads dropping out when we went to see the doctor, one lad wouldn't shut up giving out! We're you there that day?

You mean the Army recruits dropping out? Yeah I remember that guy. That was definitely me Id say. :D

I remember he was giving out because he had to do cleaning and had to go running and stuff. :rolleyes:

Well as far as I know the people who scored higher on the interview we given medicals last year, and the people towards the end of the panel didn't do a medical. That's why this year there is no interview, everything is based off the interview we did last year.

You mean the Army recruits dropping out? Yeah I remember that guy. That was definitely me Id say. :D

I remember he was giving out because he had to do cleaning and had to go running and stuff. :rolleyes:

Yes you worded it better than me ha ! That was him !! They were screaming in his face and he didn't like it haha!!
    How long will it take to process medicals if you will hear in two weeks?

Yes you worded it better than me ha ! That was him !! They were screaming in his face and he didn't like it haha!!
    How long will it take to process medicals if you will hear in two weeks?

Well I'd say it's pretty quick if they said we'd hear back in about two weeks. It's really only the bloods and urine tests that need to be processed, the doctor will tell you on the day if you passed the rest of the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    Anyone else goin for the navy or just me?

Me have my medical 7:15 in the morning..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

So how many people who did fitness test in Cathal Brugha got their medicals so far? *edit vocab*

Passed my medical pending bloods :)

Passed my medical pending bloods :)

what day did u do pt and how long after did you get email for medical?

david2013 wrote: »
    what day did u do pt and how long after did you get email for medical?

Passed my pt on Tuesday got my email for medical on the Thursday

Passed my pt on Tuesday got my email for medical on the Thursday

could be expecting one tomoro or wed so :D

could be expecting one tomoro or wed so :D

Ya they seem to be moving along very quickly they told us we could get emails anytime after next Monday if our bloods come back ok.. There doing Medicals in groups of 5 so could take a while to get through them

Ya they seem to be moving along very quickly they told us we could get emails anytime after next Monday if our bloods come back ok.. There doing Medicals in groups of 5 so could take a while to get through them

yea they were saying fri that they can only send 10 a day..

yea they were saying fri that they can only send 10 a day..

I'm glad I'm finished with now ha just have to wait.. Best of luck with yours

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

fair play :)

• Advertisement

Got sent home on Friday for not being tall enough. They were measuring me at 155cm. Only back from the doctors measuring just over 159cm which means I am over the 5.2. Safe to say the DF measuring equipment is messed up!!

Advertisement