Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Anthony18

cheers thanks for that, anyone else had their naval medical, just wondering how long it takes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

Any updates on people being called?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

just wondering if any1 could answer me, what happens after u pass ur medical (when ur blood and piss test are cleared) do u get an email saying keep monitoring your emails as usual, does it give you a poetential date for when you may be recruited or whats the deal? any info would be appreciated lads

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

kev9257 wrote: »
    just wondering if any1 could answer me, what happens after u pass ur medical (when ur blood and piss test are cleared) do u get an email saying keep monitoring your emails as usual, does it give you a poetential date for when you may be recruited or whats the deal? any info would be appreciated lads
    They just told us at our medical that bloods take a week and to watch our emails after the week was up. Some corporals showed us around in the curragh and they told us that the platoon is going in on the 23rd of September. I'd say if you get another email it will be to offer you a job

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaronduffy

Has anybody heard from cathal brugha??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

aaronduffy wrote: »
    Has anybody heard from cathal brugha??

Just got email their at 15:00 saying i have medical next Wednesday at St. Bricins Military Hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

Mop93 wrote: »
    Just got email their at 15:00 saying i have medical next Wednesday at St. Bricins Military Hospital

what day did u do your fitness test??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

david2013 wrote: »
    what day did u do your fitness test??

06 August 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Has anybody who did their fitness test in cathal brugha on the 07 Aug which was a Wednesday heard anything back??

done mine the 9th havent heard anything, but they did say they could only send 10 a day or something like that, so patience is needed ha :D

• Advertisement

Ya they can only call a few at a time cos the lab is swamped an it can't handle a load of bloods and urine at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Hi someone advised me on this to go to the media about the DF Turing me down due to them making a mistake on my height, just want to say thanks took your advice and irish Sunday world is writing an article on it :) can't remember who it was so just want to say thanks :)

Hi someone advised me on this to go to the media about the DF Turing me down due to them making a mistake on my height, just want to say thanks took your advice and irish Sunday world is writing an article on it :) can't remember who it was so just want to say thanks :)

Good to hear hopefully things start working out for ya

Good to hear hopefully things start working out for ya

It was you that advised me, I think lol thanks so keep your eye out for me in the next week or so :)

It was you that advised me, I think lol thanks so keep your eye out for me in the next week or so :)

I think billy few mates was the first to advise ya about going to the papers. Any word from the DF yet?

what would the blood test be checking for? diabetes n that is it? and the urine be for drugs and stuff?

david2013 wrote: »
    what would the blood test be checking for? diabetes n that is it? and the urine be for drugs and stuff?

Diabetes, hiv, hepatitis, any disease of the blood really, liver function, kidney function, I think there's some drugs that they test your blood for too

I think billy few mates was the first to advise ya about going to the papers. Any word from the DF yet?

I emailed them last Wednesday asking how I would go about appealing their decision to withdraw me from the comp. still haven't got a reply, think they are ignoring me now tbh

I emailed them last Wednesday asking how I would go about appealing their decision to withdraw me from the comp. still haven't got a reply, think they are ignoring me now tbh

Haha doubt they will be ignoring you after the story is printed.

Haha doubt they will be ignoring you after the story is printed.

Hahah hope so lol, the fella who is writing it couldn't get over the fact that they didn't offer me another fitness date, especially since I had a letter from doctor stating my height

• Advertisement

Hahah hope so lol, the fella who is writing it couldn't get over the fact that they didn't offer me another fitness date, especially since I had a letter from doctor stating my height

It would be very easy to do, they would only need one pti to do it and it would be over pretty quickly

It would be very easy to do, they would only need one pti to do it and it would be over pretty quickly

Yeah and I was actually willing to go all the way back to Dublin from Belfast to do it

Yeah and I was actually willing to go all the way back to Dublin from Belfast to do it

Just stick with it it could all work out in the end

Just stick with it it could all work out in the end

I am gone to far to turn away just cause they said no lol

Good on ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

Be careful, you could end up putting the DF in a similar position ;)

Be careful, you could end up putting the DF in a similar position ;)

Hahah what ya mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Midnight Oil

You could push too far and then the DF could dig in their heels and refuse to entertain any argument put forward as you have burned your bridges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

If you ask me you're exactly what the Army should be looking for, someone who wants it so much that they're willing to fight for it like you. It was shocking the number of people who were able to go the whole way through the process last year to get called up only to drop out after a few weeks wasting a place that someone else could have had.
    If they'd done the recruitment process correctly and properly identified the people who 'really wanted it', there wouldn't have been a single drop out....

• Advertisement

most ppl only applied last year because of no work being around. i applied three times before i even go word for an interview! its annoying ha!!

Advertisement