Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Speedy19 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything about a start date for Southern brigade ? Medicals are still ongoing but wondering if anybody heard anything around?

I rang the manpower office on Friday, they said the medicals from the start of August are still being processed.

Lads I know up in Collins barracks say the start date is around mid-september. No specific date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

amurph0 wrote: »
    I rang the manpower office on Friday, they said the medicals from the start of August are still being processed.

Lads I know up in Collins barracks say the start date is around mid-september. No specific date though.

Wonder when we will hear back so? Is the recruit platoon in cork or Kilkenny or Galway? I heard there was one in Kilkenny and one in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Wonder when we will hear back so? Is the recruit platoon in cork or Kilkenny or Galway? I heard there was one in Kilkenny and one in Galway

Think one in each and theirs 2 in Cathal Brugha one in athlone and one in donegal and one in monaghan but not dure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Mop93 wrote: »
    Think one in each and theirs 2 in Cathal Brugha one in athlone and one in donegal and one in monaghan but not dure

You may be wrong about Monaghan there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Probably in a few weeks. When I started with the Navy they only gave us about 5 days notice before we started haha.

The lads I know heard about a recruit class going into Stephens Barracks alright (Kilkenny). Didn't hear anything about Galway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

Thanks all sound advice ! don't drink much anyway, was out Friday though not drinking at all till after just to be sure.
    any idea on when platoons will be inducted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

dylan051 wrote: »
    Thanks all sound advice ! don't drink much anyway, was out Friday though not drinking at all till after just to be sure.
    any idea on when platoons will be inducted ?

I think mid sept.. The platoon in the curragh is goin in on the 23rd of sept

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

Pretty soon then, hopefully with some luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

2-3 platoons for athlone. hope im in 1 of them!!haha. if i dont get an email for medical this week i'll be getting worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

david2013 wrote: »
    2-3 platoons for athlone. hope im in 1 of them!!haha. if i dont get an email for medical this week i'll be getting worried...

If I don't get an email for fitness this week I'll be getting worried lol

• Advertisement

broke my only pair of glasses and i know i will fail eye test without them and the earliest specsavers can get them to me is thursday morning but my medical is wednesday any ideas? or anyone know where they do presription glasses in 24hours?

The only thing i can think of is contact lenses. And bring them with ya and put them in at your medical. They will prob test your eyes first with no lenses/glasses. Then put them in and do it again.. Also get your optician to write down your prescription just in case they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Anybody that has done the medical here anything yet,this waiting is becoming a joke

Havent heard anythin yet lad.. Would they not wait until they have 40 people with medicals done before sending out emails. Also they could be waiting for garda vetting to come back. We wont be waiting too much longer anyway i wouldnt think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

broke my only pair of glasses and i know i will fail eye test without them and the earliest specsavers can get them to me is thursday morning but my medical is wednesday any ideas? or anyone know where they do presription glasses in 24hours?

See if you can get the medical on another date.

id have thought there'd be no word until everyone done med's? anyone get emails for medicals today? from cathal brugha..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Ya I hope we get word soon cause people saying where starting mid sep il need to give work notice b4 I leave can't just jump ship with no notice

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Plague manpower office with calls tomoro and request reschedule. They won't answer until you've rang 16.5 times and sent them the blood of a virgen princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

Anyone worried about their garda vetting??

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    Anyone worried about their garda vetting??

Not overly worried.. Are you?

• Advertisement

c-90 wrote: »
    Plague manpower office with calls tomoro and request reschedule. They won't answer until you've rang 16.5 times and sent them the blood of a virgen princess.

Its all good went to a few different shops (specsavers) eventually found one with my exact prescripton glasses n stock was blessed:)

Thanks for the help though.

Now can anyone tell me is their any specific clothing needed for medical?

Thanks again Guys and Gals :)

Not overly worried.. Are you?

Has no one ever been arrested or fined or ever got in a scrap?? Their gonna look at my vetting and think its a script for the new series of love/hate haha

Has no one ever been arrested or fined or ever got in a scrap?? Their gonna look at my vetting and think its a script for the new series of love/hate haha

Had a JLO when was younger but nothing since i was a youngster hope it doesnt go against me too much but with the amount of people they have to choose from that havent got any thing against them i am a little worried but hopefully it doesnt.

Had a JLO when was younger but nothing since i was a youngster hope it doesnt go against me too much but with the amount of people they have to choose from that havent got any thing against them i am a little worried but hopefully it doesnt.

I had one aswel but as far as i no it gets cleared from your record after either 18 or 21. Its a very nerve wrecking situation passing everything with flying colours two years in a row just to fail at the last hurdle over the one thing u can't prepare for

I had one aswel but as far as i no it gets cleared from your record after either 18 or 21. Its a very nerve wrecking situation passing everything with flying colours two years in a row just to fail at the last hurdle over the one thing u can't prepare for

tell me about it man

my vetting wouldnt be the best, alot of driving offences and few other things, few things that were dismissed and no conviction given, dunno if they look at that tho..

my vetting wouldnt be the best, alot of driving offences and few other things, few things that were dismissed and no conviction given, dunno if they look at that tho..

david2013 wrote: »

Ye my offences were drink related, not drink driving just being drunk in town. Never went to court or anything just got fined once on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

Ye are all worrying too much .. Do you really think people who got in already ahead of us are absolute angels? Just sit back and wait it out , worst thing we can do is worry , if there was something wrong you would have heard it by now .... No news is good news

• Advertisement

I am an angel:D

Advertisement