Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

Speedy19 wrote: »
    Ye are all worrying too much .. Do you really think people who got in already ahead of us are absolute angels? Just sit back and wait it out , worst thing we can do is worry , if there was something wrong you would have heard it by now .... No news is good news
    Haha ye your right mate. Its easy to worry when you've invested so much into your dream job basically

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

This how i see it. We filled out garda vetting forms last year and we were grand. If we werent we wouldnt have got this far. Its time to relax now nothing more we can do just wait. To the lad who asked about what to wear fot the medical, a tracksuit or something similar is prob best . You will have to strip to your boxers so whatever is easiest for yourself basically. Just be clean shaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

This how i see it. We filled out garda vetting forms last year and we were grand. If we werent we wouldnt have got this far. Its time to relax now nothing more we can do just wait. To the lad who asked about what to wear fot the medical, a tracksuit or something similar is prob best . You will have to strip to your boxers so whatever is easiest for yourself basically. Just be clean shaven.

Shave your face that is :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

We were told to dress smartly and be immaculate for a medical or the dr can refuse to see you. In cb.

david2013 wrote: »
    Shave your face that is :D haha

Ya your face lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Anthony18

Anyone that had their medical for the navy heard anything back yet :)

Anthony18 wrote: »

Have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Paul mac wrote: »
    Ya I hope we get word soon cause people saying where starting mid sep il need to give work notice b4 I leave can't just jump ship with no notice

You only need to give your employer a weeks notice.(presuming you get paid weekly).

If you have been employed between 13 weeks and 2 years in the same job its a week notice. Between 2 and 5 years is two weeks. Im sure the army will give you at least a weeks notice

No nothing yet,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

Thanks and does anyone know how long it takes roughly?

ahh is there no emails coming from cathal brugha at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

If you have been employed between 13 weeks and 2 years in the same job its a week notice. Between 2 and 5 years is two weeks. Im sure the army will give you at least a weeks notice

Ya I need to give a least 2 weeks ya just hope we find out soon wanna leave work early and have a bit of break if I'm going to be put through 5-6 months of torture

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

just use up your holiday days depending on how many you have id say anyone one lucky enough to get in will be in and training by end sept or start of october

Paul mac wrote: »
    Ya I need to give a least 2 weeks ya just hope we find out soon wanna leave work early and have a bit of break if I'm going to be put through 5-6 months of torture

Just explain the situation to your employer if u don't get 2 weeks notice, which you probably wont. it's not like they'll be stuck trying to fill a vacancy, not these days anyway.

David what day did you do your fitness?

c-90 wrote: »
    Just explain the situation to your employer if u don't get 2 weeks notice, which you probably wont. it's not like they'll be stuck trying to fill a vacancy, not these days anyway.

David what day did you do your fitness?

done it Fri 9th.. heard a few that done there tests on tues and wed that week on about getting there emails last week..

done it Fri 9th.. heard a few that done there tests on tues and wed that week on about getting there emails last week..

I rescheduled from Tuesday to Thursday and got my email last week. Hang in there man

No not yet, let us know if you do. When was your medical?

c-90 wrote: »
    I rescheduled from Tuesday to Thursday and got my email last week. Hang in there man

what day u get it? Yea the waiting is a killer! was thinking of giving m.power a ring but sure what could ya say or ask ha

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    No not yet, let us know if you do. When was your medical?
    did medical on 19th aug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

did medical on 19th aug.

What did they say after the medical? and how long did it take?

im not joking but it can take over 5 hours. hard t believe i know. are you goin for navy?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dylan051

DVPJC88 wrote: »
    im not joking but it can take over 5 hours. hard t believe i know. are you goin for navy?

Well it has to be thorough in fairness , and nope the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Have my medical thursday :-) how long does it take??

what day u get it? Yea the waiting is a killer! was thinking of giving m.power a ring but sure what could ya say or ask ha

September 11th. I dunno man they could be doing medicals for the Syria mission or anything up in bricins

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Just wondering does anyone on here know roughly how many Hz you need to be able to hear up to in the hearing test I can hear upto 18, 000Hz but when it comes to 19,000-20,000 I can still haer but i struggle.

dylan051 wrote: »
    What did they say after the medical? and how long did it take?
    took nearly 5 hours, said that had to wait for bloods result about 7/10 days

Just wondering does anyone on here know roughly how many Hz you need to be able to hear up to in the hearing test I can hear upto 18, 000Hz but when it comes to 19,000-20,000 I can still haer but i struggle.

What test have you done? I passed mine. and i done an online test before and i can hear up to 18000 hz perfectly and i think im hearing 19000. 20000hz is the limit of what most people can hear.

Theres no preparing for the medical its out of your hands really your either gonna pass or fail so just relax and take it handy. Try to avoid loud noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

What test have you done? I passed mine. and i done an online test before and i can hear up to 18000 hz perfectly and i think im hearing 19000. 20000hz is the limit of what most people can hear.

Theres no preparing for the medical its out of your hands really your either gonna pass or fail so just relax and take it handy. Try to avoid loud noises.

I used this website which gives examples of each Hz, not sure if they are accurate or what. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Panda.w wrote: »
    Have my medical thursday :-) how long does it take??

Done my medical on the 12th haven't heard sweet **** all...this waiting game is a killer

Advertisement