Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Paul mac wrote: »
    Done my medical on the 12th haven't heard sweet **** all...this waiting game is a killer

3-4 hours theres a lot of filling out paper work....

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Attestation papers, medical questionaire ( long ass questionaire ha) the medical officers go through it very slowly so that there are no mistakes whatsoever. It takes a good chunk of time doing the questionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

3-4 hours theres a lot of filling out paper work....

Long enough day ahead of me so...any idea how many people were called for navy medicals??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

Don't know what the hell ye were doing but my medical took about 3 hours both times I done mine .. And I never was stripped to my jocks .. Crazy doctors in this country ha

Speedy19 wrote: »
    Don't know what the hell ye were doing but my medical took about 3 hours both times I done mine .. And I never was stripped to my jocks .. Crazy doctors in this country ha

Ah here in my two medicals i had them groping on my balls and everything ha

• Advertisement

Asked me to pull my pants to my knees and then looked at e m and said pull em up again ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

did u go back the second time cos of that lol

david2013 wrote: »
    did u go back the second time cos of that lol

It was a female doctor the first time so i just assumed it would be her again.. I feel violated lol

I heard three platoons in the southern brigade .. Kilkenny, limerick and galway .. All on the 23rd of September

2 for athlone.. 1 cathal brugha. expecting an email tomoro theres a backlog on the bloods so there was a few days they weren't able to do anything.. was told i should hear back tomoro. got me ears syringed today cos 1 was blocked haha, horrible ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

2 for athlone.. 1 cathal brugha. expecting an email tomoro theres a backlog on the bloods so there was a few days they weren't able to do anything.. was told i should hear back tomoro. got me ears syringed today cos 1 was blocked haha, horrible ****!!

Any word on when the platoon for brugha is going to be inducted?

no didnt hear.. i dunno when they're taking in recruits but he said something about 23/25 sept, whether it was medicals or induction i dunno..

Speedy19 wrote: »
    I heard three platoons in the southern brigade .. Kilkenny, limerick and galway .. All on the 23rd of September

How many would be in a platoon,any idea when emails with job offers are going to be sent out

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

I heard 23rd of September for the east aswell but for Dundalk.

Meds take 1-2 weeks so for any of us who have them after the 1st week in September I hope there's 2 intakes!!!

Curragh is down for the 23rd aswell.. 3 weeks from monday i hope were not waiting too long to hear something.

medical on 23rd sept.. wonder when a platoon would be taken in from then? november would it..

Probably would be november ya

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

medical on 23rd sept.. wonder when a platoon would be taken in from then? november would it..

Coukd be there as a back up for ppl that drop out early maybe???

Panda.w wrote: »
    Coukd be there as a back up for ppl that drop out early maybe???

jaysus dont say something like that.. ha

i cant see much time been spared between medicals and intake date anyway

• Advertisement

lads what does the attachment to the email say cant open it

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Dear Applicant, ​

1. I refer to your application for enlistment in the Defence Forces.

2. You are now scheduled for a Medical Examination in St Bricins Hospital,
    Parkgate Street, Dublin 7.

Should you be unable to attend, please contact this office without delay (by replying to this email) so that your appointment may be allocated to another candidate.

3. All applicants should provide the name, address and telephone number of their
    local G.P. on presenting for the medical. Please also note the following;

a. Avoid loud noises for the preceding 72hrs as this may give problems in
    assessing your audiogram (Hearing Test).

b. If glasses or contacts are being worn they should be brought with you.
    Please bring contact lens solution so that contacts can be removed to
    perform the basic eye test examination.

c. Fast from 22.00Hrs the night before the medical examination as blood
    samples will be taken.

d. Applicants should be prepared to stay in the hospital for the duration of the Medical Examinations which may take a number of hours.

e. Candidates must be clean shaven for medical examination.

4. This letter is only a notification for a Medical Examination Assessment and should
    not be interpreted as an offer for enlistment in the Defence Forces.

5. Should you fail to report for your medical, it will be presumed that you are not
    interested in pursuing a career in the Defence Forces, and your name will be
    removed from the list of applicants.

PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SECTION
    2 BRIGADE HEADQUARTERS

There you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Why can't you open it? Make it your business to get it open.

Ive been told that the emails will be sent out two weeks before the start date for the curragh i assume it would be the same for all. Dont take my word for it but the person who told me seemed to know what they were talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Just download Open Office if its a word document or Foxit Reader/Adobe Reader if its a .PDF document. (And no .PDF doesn't mean Permanent Defence Force :P).

i would have made it my business to, but i have no access to a laptop until tomoro, and I was just curious of what was on it! Thanks c-90 btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

i would have made it my business to, but i have no access to a laptop until tomoro, and I was just curious of what was on it! Thanks c-90 btw...

How are you seeing the email? You can download Kingston office on Android phones which will open word documents and .PDF's.

You can get the same type of app for iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Whats the parking like around Bricins hospital in the early hours of the morning...? (07:15am)

Dose any1 no when the navy are starting done my medical over 3 weeks ago still haven't heard anything back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 DVPJC88

Dose any1 no when the navy are starting done my medical over 3 weeks ago still haven't heard anything back

If you havnt heard anything then dats a good sign u havnt failed bloods and dat. Im same as you. Did my navy medical last week

Advertisement