Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Speedy19 wrote: »
    Platoons for September October November in all brigades or just Where you applied

I asked her was I going to be placed on a list for months again because all of the fitness tests had ended and everyone was doing their medicals. She just said that their is still alot of fitness tests to be done and that there was to be people taken in between September and November but didn't say if it was where I applied to or if that was for all the barracks, so couldn't tell you if that was just Athlone or what :) Im just happy to get called back to be honest after being sent home 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

Has any one heard anything on job offers from cork nearly a month since I done my medical for navy and the army

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭KingFling

Hi All,

I have been placed on the reserve list for the Army cadetship competition this year. I'm just wondering, from all your experiences, what chance do I have of being called up? I'm number 2 on the reserve list.

Thanks,
    KF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

KingFling wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have been placed on the reserve list for the Army cadetship competition this year. I'm just wondering, from all your experiences, what chance do I have of being called up? I'm number 2 on the reserve list.

Thanks,
    KF

all depends, you basically wanna be hoping two ppl leave for some reason or another, could easily happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

Wish we knew when emails were being sent out ! This wait is a killer when your waiting on something you have wanted your whole life !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

We have waited since last april for this another few days wont do us any harm. . .

its them few days that kill u more than the months :P i still have my medical to do, and i know after the medical is when my nerves will start going for a good email ha

david2013 wrote: »
    its them few days that kill u more than the months :P i still have my medical to do, and i know after the medical is when my nerves will start going for a good email ha

I had my medical nearly 4 weeks ago some days it wrecks my head but i dont see the point stressing myself out. U could be waiting this long too ha.. I was told the emails for the 23rd will be sent out on monday so fingers crossed.. Whens ur medical?

my medicals on the 23rd haha.. yea i prob will, but my medicals late enough so it'l probably be for a platoon in oct/nov.. its for athlone so if could find out when they takin in the 2..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

hey skinny k, did u hear the emails being sent out monday are for people who will be starting on the 23rd? or is it just more emails being sent out for medicals?

• Advertisement

kev9257 wrote: »
    hey skinny k, did u hear the emails being sent out monday are for people who will be starting on the 23rd? or is it just more emails being sent out for medicals?

Ya i was told job offers were being sent out on monday

david2013 wrote: »
    my medicals on the 23rd haha.. yea i prob will, but my medicals late enough so it'l probably be for a platoon in oct/nov.. its for athlone so if could find out when they takin in the 2..

Ya id say u will be for one of them platoons later on in the year.. I wouldnt be worryin though there will be more platoons so you could be one of the first in line for the platoons. Ive no idea when theyre going in but someone else might have an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

cheers for da info :)

kev9257 wrote: »
    cheers for da info :)

Here if theres no emails on monday dont blame me lol

Ya i was told job offers were being sent out on monday

Where did you here that ??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

Done my medical yesterday, failed on eye sight even with glasses. Absolutely gutted :,( dream job gone up in smoke...Well guess its time to find some meateoker pisspot job...anyway lads best of luck to you all who passed the meds.

pk998 wrote: »
    Done my medical yesterday, failed on eye sight even with glasses. Absolutely gutted :,( dream job gone up in smoke...Well guess its time to find some meateoker pisspot job...anyway lads best of luck to you all who passed the meds.

bad luck man.. what kinda eye test they give ya? ya travel sbroad no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Get used to the waiting if you want to last any time in the army, that's all you will be doing!

And enjoy what time you have left before training if you do get in, you will miss being able to sit down and do your own thing.

pk998 wrote: »

Sorry things didnt go your way pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Most people I know who applied to athlone dont have their medicals until later this month so no stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Just wondering is anyone else here doing their fitness test next thursday 10:30 I only know one person and that was a lad who got sent home the same day as me :/

Just got offered a job in the navy starting the 23rd boom!!!!!

Paul mac wrote: »

Congrats buddy :)

Congratulations! What time did you receive the email ? You going to take the navy or if you get a job offer from the army??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ANNEW

Well Done, my son got offer for 23rd as well in navy.
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ANNEW

Best of luck to all those who are waiting on their emails, fitness test and medicals. Have been on this forum since last May following everything that is going on. Son got an offer last night for navy starting on 23rd. Thanks for all the posts and comments over the last year, we were able to find out loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebigfella1

Speedy19 wrote: »
    Congratulations! What time did you receive the email ? You going to take the navy or if you get a job offer from the army??

Dont answer that on this. At least until your offered the army.

Dont answer that on this. At least until your offered the army.

Probably a silly question actually.. Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Fair play lad!!:)

Any idea how many people were offered a place??

• Advertisement

Panda.w wrote: »
    Fair play lad!!:)

Any idea how many people were offered a place??

Na have no idea sorry ...done my medical on the 12tn so was waiting awhile for word ,got the email at half ten lastnight

Advertisement