Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Paul mac wrote: »
    Na have no idea sorry ...done my medical on the 12tn so was waiting awhile for word ,got the email at half ten lastnight

Yeah, I only done my medical on the 29th so I've another bit of waiting to do...was told the bloods won't be back for 3-4 weeks which would be the week yere starting...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pk998

david2013 wrote: »
    bad luck man.. what kinda eye test they give ya? ya travel sbroad no?

Hi David, I can't remember the technical term but it's not like a normal eye chart pined to a wall or anything the like, it's a machine with a viewing glass that you look through like a telescope and there's slides that you look at same include cubes with circles inside of them and you have to pick out the 3d looking one and things like that.

I'd like to go abroad but its easier said than done yano haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭david2013

pk998 wrote: »
    Hi David, I can't remember the technical term but it's not like a normal eye chart pined to a wall or anything the like, it's a machine with a viewing glass that you look through like a telescope and there's slides that you look at same include cubes with circles inside of them and you have to pick out the 3d looking one and things like that.

I'd like to go abroad but its easier said than done yano haha.

sounds strange enough alright your eyesight probably isnt even that bad like? yea ya had heart set on army id imagine so abroad would be a c.u.n.t now.. are u young enough to go for it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

Anyone get any emails today?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Mop93

i didnt get an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Speedy19

amurph0 wrote: »
    Anyone get any emails today?

No, was expecting one today after navy offers going out Thursday.. Did you ?.. How long will they have to accept that offer? Might be able to have our own rough estimate then !

Speedy19 wrote: »
    No, was expecting one today after navy offers going out Thursday.. Did you ?.. How long will they have to accept that offer? Might be able to have our own rough estimate then !

No, i didn't get one either. I've no idea, Paul Mac might be able to tell us if there's a deadline to accept the offer, he got an offer off the Navy sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

No i didnt get one yet either i guess what i was told was boll*x ha. Surely it would have to be pretty soon

Hopefully we might get word some time this week.. My theory was after the deadline for the navy offers was up then army offers would go out! Just a theory !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paul mac

amurph0 wrote: »
    No, i didn't get one either. I've no idea, Paul Mac might be able to tell us if there's a deadline to accept the offer, he got an offer off the Navy sure.

Ya guys the 10th sep is the deadline to accept

• Advertisement

Paul mac wrote: »
    Ya guys the 10th sep is the deadline to accept

Cheers for that.
    No i didnt get one yet either i guess what i was told was boll*x ha. Surely it would have to be pretty soon
    Hopefully we might get word some time this week.. My theory was after the deadline for the navy offers was up then army offers would go out! Just a theory !!!!

Yeah the 23rd is only two weeks from today after all. I'd say they'll definitely send them out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

Hey lads, I redid my hearing today and passed in Collins barracks in Cork and the medical officer said retests were today and tomorrow and offers would be Friday and Monday for the 23rd. Theyre not giving much notice but sure how bad! As I say the medical officer said this but it may not be gospel. Best of luck lads.

cork2 wrote: »
    Hey lads, I redid my hearing today and passed in Collins barracks in Cork and the medical officer said retests were today and tomorrow and offers would be Friday and Monday for the 23rd. Theyre not giving much notice but sure how bad! As I say the medical officer said this but it may not be gospel. Best of luck lads.
    Did the medical officer say this was for cork or all barracks?

He only had info on Cork

He only had info on Cork

Cheers lad congrats on passing your medical

Did the medical officer say this was for cork or all barracks?

It must be for both Bde's. I mean next Monday will be only 1 week from the start date so they must be telling everyone at the same time.

well done, why u have to re-do it? Is that for army or navy? have medical 23rd so prob a second platoon going in october, hopefully!!

I failed the hearing its a regular occurrence they just wait a few days and test you again no biggie.

you have it in st bricins? so if u fail the hairing u get another chance at it yea? by the way anyone on here have much on there g.vetting? ive a few road traffic offences sh!t like loud xhaust tinted windows few but they add up,, anyone know of any thats got in with these type a things or more serious??

david2013 wrote: »
    you have it in st bricins? so if u fail the hairing u get another chance at it yea? by the way anyone on here have much on there g.vetting? ive a few road traffic offences sh!t like loud xhaust tinted windows few but they add up,, anyone know of any thats got in with these type a things or more serious??

Read his post , he just redid his test in cork.... And he obviously got another chance if he redid it .....

• Advertisement

Offers for the curragh are out just got my email :)

Congratulations man

Congratulations man :)

Sound lads wont be long now till yas hear, maybe tommorow :)

Sound lads wont be long now till yas hear, maybe tommorow :)

Hopefully anyways :)

Mop93 wrote: »
    Hopefully anyways :)

What brigade you going for pal?

What brigade you going for pal?

The northern one man, what about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Has everybody who's done the recent fitness tests been called for a medical....?

• Advertisement

Training in limerick 23rd

Well done

Advertisement