Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Cadets don't recruit. However the Defence forces recruit cadets annually, usually early in the year, to commence training in late autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smoking200

everything done now alls left is the waiting game, which is worse than anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

For info on joining'/living in the military, go to Military.ie and scroll down to/open the FAQ's section.

anyone any word since medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Have to go redo bloods -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

You'll still be in the running for the end of the month I'd guess.

c-90 wrote: »
    You'll still be in the running for the end of the month I'd guess.

I've gave up dont think I will go, between this and the height issue I've had enough

I've gave up dont think I will go, between this and the height issue I've had enough

The army's full of bull**** like that, on the bus off the bus. But you'll only deny yourself by not taking an offer if you got one, especially after all the crap to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Is the Irish Army still recruiting?

The army's full of bull**** like that, on the bus off the bus. But you'll only deny yourself by not taking an offer if you got one, especially after all the crap to get there.

Thanks I need to sleep on it for the next few days and decide what to do after

• Advertisement

OriginV wrote: »
    Is the Irish Army still recruiting?

Nope, just off panel

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Thanks I need to sleep on it for the next few days and decide what to do after

Seriously, just go and get your bloods done again.

Your position on any panel will not have changed, your bloods will be fast tracked for results and you'll still be in the running for getting in.

You've done enough battling to get this far, so you obviously want to serve in the DF, don't throw it away now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaronduffy

When did u get the email??

aaronduffy wrote: »
    When did u get the email??

Yesterday at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Did they say why you had to redo the bloods...?

It might be just an 'administrative error' on their part, the lad I know who's going through the process met a couple of guys when he was doing his medical and they told him they were redoing their bloods/urine tests as the original samples they'd given had become contaminated (or something), so it might be nothing.

Out of interest, what happens if the bloods/urine tests show up symptoms of an undetected illness or other problems...? Does the Army just tell you you've failed or do they contact you to tell you what they've found, or do they just refer your test results to your GP...?

PS, @WeeKankles, What date did you do the original medical...?

Did they say why you had to redo the bloods...?

It might be just an 'administrative error' on their part, the lad I know who's going through the process met a couple of guys when he was doing his medical and they told him they were redoing their bloods/urine tests as the original samples they'd given had become contaminated (or something), so it might be nothing.

Out of interest, what happens if the bloods/urine tests show up symptoms of an undetected illness or other problems...? Does the Army just tell you you've failed or do they contact you to tell you what they've found, or do they just refer your test results to your GP...?

PS, @WeeKankles, What date did you do the original medical...?

I did my medical on the 19th so just over 2 weeks ago. They just said that bloods need to redone and when I asked was something wrong the man on the phone said that he wasn't told anything, just that the doctor asked me back, but he did say that I'm not only person getting blood redone that there will be another 9-10 people.

I'm guessing that if they found something serious in bloods e.g HIV they would have to phone your doctor and tell you also so that ypu can be treated.

In that case I wouldn't worry about it and if I were you I'd definitely go back and have it done again. I'm sure its just another 'administrative error' in the handling of the samples rather than a medical issue or they might otherwise have just failed you...? My guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kev9257

wee cankles, it is the very last step like to gettin in so might aswel giv it one last push and go :)

kev9257 wrote: »
    wee cankles, it is the very last step like to gettin in so might aswel giv it one last push and go :)

Thanks Kev, your right after all the traveling another 2.5 hours is nothing think I might go ahead and get bloods again

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaronduffy

Anybody heard anything??

• Advertisement

Found out today why I was called back to do my bloods. My last bloods came back showing that I'm diabetic which is new to me, looks like that's me done with the army, completely gutted

I'm really sorry to hear that Wee Cankles, have you been to see your own doctor to get a second opinion...?

How did they break the news to you...?
    Did they call you, email you or have your own GP tell you...?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 doniamator

anybody who done medical on the 23rd of sep get any word back

Found out today why I was called back to do my bloods. My last bloods came back showing that I'm diabetic which is new to me, looks like that's me done with the army, completely gutted

Can't imagine someone going they're life without knowing they had diabetes(obviously you don't have type 2), hats off to you if you did. Hopefully it's a mistake.

I'm really sorry to hear that Wee Cankles, have you been to see your own doctor to get a second opinion...?

Have been booked to go to my own doctors to get tests next week, I just find it hard to believe that I'm near 20 and I have never collapsed, like a ran a half wrath on 2 weeks back with no problems

How did they break the news to you...?
    Did they call you, email you or have your own GP tell you...?

They emaild me to tell me I needed to get my bloods redone and then they told me when I was down there,gutted I am

Can't imagine someone going they're life without knowing they had diabetes(obviously you don't have type 2), hats off to you if you did. Hopefully it's a mistake.

Well I was thinking it would have to be type two if I do have it cause type one you inject yourself :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Type 1 diabetes is insulin dependent usually in under 18's who produce no insulin themselves.
    Type 2 is usually adults who produce some insulin but either not enough or cannot utilise it correctly.
    Type 2 is controlled by diet, tablets or injection or any combination of these.
    Talk to the doctors and see what they say.

• Advertisement

anyone who's done a medical review hear anything since?

Advertisement