Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

What's a medical review...?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

The navy are takin on a second class startin November 18th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EmmaThomas

Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows if the army or navy are recruiting again this year?

EmmaThomas wrote: »
    Hi

Was wondering if anyone knows if the army or navy are recruiting again this year?

Only if your on the existing panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 doniamator

Anybody hear of where the next platoons are going in?

• Advertisement

I think some people were called up yesterday for Athlone and Donegal....?

Yea i done medical on 23rd but never got any word. All boys i know got finner but i never heard anything. Did u get word back yet?

The lad I know did his medical in early September but has heard nothing since, his mate did his medical two weeks before and has already been in since 24th September.
    Is there some element of geographical placement in these call ups?
    I mean are the people who were called up for Finner yesterday people who are from in and around that area or who expressed a preference to be based there?

Would it make any sense calling a load of people from Dublin or the South East to do their training in Donegal and a load of lads from the North West to somewhere in the South, or does it work like that...?

Yea most people who got finner had either there or athlone as there preference i think as did i but. I dont think thats the way there doing because the seargent said on the day i was up that theyre tryin to keep people in the brigade they applied for last year. In my case the west. But they could honetly do anything the way im lookin at the whole process is that its completely unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Where/ when did they look for preferences?

Doesn't really matter where your training you'll more than likely be shifted to a different barracks after your 6 months and you won't be seeing much of during those either.

• Advertisement

When we applied last year it was for the western brigade so theres our preferences. People who did so done everything in athlone apart from the test that was in dublin. Yea im just sayin where the lads i know got into like

When we applied in April 2012 you would have selected what brigade you wanted to appy to...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aaronduffy

Any one now where to get kiwi shoe polish in athlone area??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Eh try Quinns shoe repairs and fishing tackle.if not cadetdirect.com sell it.

Any truth in the next batch goin in are for dublin?

Apparently so.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Have heard a few people have been offered the 18th November in all, is this true in hoping not!!

Its hard to know. I suppose no news is good news but the waitin would fry your brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

I hope it's not true cause that's the last intake date and if the offers have been given out already it not good for people who haven't heard anything yet. Also has anyone heard about a platoon getting taken in on January ?

Well as far as ive seen that was for cork? They are supposodly taking more for finner dunno if thats true or not, but i rang the office, not gonna say what day and was told to be patient and that il get word back in 2 weeks so im assuming thats when more emails will be sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Does anyone know where the 1st and 2nd Bde training centres are located? I know the Curragh is, or was, the DFTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

aloyisious wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the 1st and 2nd Bde training centres are located? I know the Curragh is, or was, the DFTA.

2 BTC is split between Athlone and Dublin. Or at least it was, last I heard.

Not sure on 1 Bde, could possibly be Cork.

Neither will apply to Recruits though, as the BTC's no longer train Recruits. Once upon a time the old CTD's(Now known as BTC's) used to train them but that finished up a while back.

Got a call back yesterday have to re do liver function test. They said it was slightly higher than it should be but i dont drink could of been medication i was takin so i have stopped that any other ideas on what could make this higher? Protein shakes or anything like that? Any ideas on how to bring it down to normal?

doniamator wrote: »
    Got a call back yesterday have to re do liver function test. They said it was slightly higher than it should be but i dont drink could of been medication i was takin so i have stopped that any other ideas on what could make this higher? Protein shakes or anything like that? Any ideas on how to bring it down to normal?

Avoid alcohol

c-90 wrote: »
    Avoid alcohol

Havent had any in about 6 months...

I'm no expert but I would suggest taking a break from any of those 'gym type' supplements or protein shakes etc or anything else that's designed to increase or improve the way your body functions until after the medical.
    I remember reading somewhere that some of these substances are designed to force certain organs in the body to work harder to promote muscle growth (or something) but this could show up as a problem with certain tests.
    I can't remember where I read this or the actual content but it was something along these lines, maybe somebody else could explain it better...?

Yea i havent takin any since i got the phonecall on thursday morning. All i take is the protein powder. Wouldnt touch any creatine or that stuff. Just hope everything goes ok now.

If I remember correctly it might have been creatine that I read about but I can't be 100% sure.

doniamator wrote: »
    Havent had any in about 6 months...

Murphy's law, you stay off alcohol for 6 months and your liver acts up

• Advertisement

c-90 wrote: »
    Murphy's law, you stay off alcohol for 6 months and your liver acts up

But the funny thing about that it was about 8 months before that again before i had any.
    I just drink occasionally. Im more than likely worryin over nothing.

Advertisement