Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

doniamator wrote: »
    Got a call back yesterday have to re do liver function test. They said it was slightly higher than it should be but i dont drink could of been medication i was takin so i have stopped that any other ideas on what could make this higher? Protein shakes or anything like that? Any ideas on how to bring it down to normal?

check you don't have 'Haemochromatosis '

it affects liver function test, and will rule out career in the Defence Forces

• Registered Users Posts: 23 doniamator

I had tests done by my doctor before and nothing showed up like. They had to do liver function tests for the type of meds i WAS on before but i no longer take that so im kind of hoping thats whats the problem was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

I had tests done by my doctor before and nothing showed up like. They had to do liver function tests for the type of meds i WAS on before but i no longer take that so im kind of hoping thats whats the problem was

Avoid iron supplements, Kellogs etc. Anything with added iron. Vit C also aids increase of iron which can affect liver tests

even a common cold can put it off

If its slightly high, say you had a cold/flu etc. Once your in the door sort it out then

mbiking123 wrote: »
    Avoid iron supplements, Kellogs etc. Anything with added iron. Vit C also aids increase of iron which can affect liver tests

even a common cold can put it off

If its slightly high, say you had a cold/flu etc. Once your in the door sort it out then

Funnily enough i did have a cold on the day and had taken lemsips the day before and other cold and flu tabs but il take the meds i was previously on with me this time it might be an insight. And thanks for the advice. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Anyone heard anything since or have there been any more platoons called up...?

Any idea when the next batch will be called up

• Advertisement

Was up in st bricins today and the main doctor told me that itl be another week or so before emails are being sent out!

Was up in st bricins today and the main doctor told me that itl be another week or so before emails are being sent out!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Anyone hear anything yet about the 18th?

I heard someone mention the 18th November as a start date for the next batch (also heard the 9th mentioned), if it is a start date then I would imagine people have already been called (or will be very soon) to give them enough time to give notice to employers or get themselves ready.
    Has anyone heard anything...?

I heard someone mention the 18th November as a start date for the next batch (also heard the 9th mentioned), if it is a start date then I would imagine people have already been called (or will be very soon) to give them enough time to give notice to employers or get themselves ready.

First time I have heard about the 9th but the 18th I have heard one for cork, one for Dublin and one for athlone

• Advertisement

Only time we'll know for sure is whenever we get the email...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

They only gave 2 weeks notice for the last batch in sept so theres another bit to go if u go by the 18th :-) the Navy is taking a group startin the 18th too..they all started on 23rd sept so that might be sumtin to go by :-)

Anyone hear anything today...?

If the next batch is going in on the 18th today would have been the date for the two weeks notice....

Anyone hear anything today...?

If the next batch is going in on the 18th today would have been the date for the two weeks notice....

I got my joining instructions this morning. Im surly not the only one starting in whole of the DF :-O

Where ya going to then? I never heard nothing back nor has another boy i know?

For where...?

Where ya going to then? I never heard nothing back nor has another boy i know?

Navy :-)

Hahaha ya bollox had me scared there lol. Best a luck then :)

Still no word.....

No, its not looking good for the 18th and tomorrow is normally a half day so I wouldn't expect to hear anything then either....

• Advertisement

They had like 11 days notice last time so it should be this week sometime. Im hoping anyway. This waiting is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

No, its not looking good for the 18th and tomorrow is normally a half day so I wouldn't expect to hear anything then either....

No it's not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Jayus, I must claim all them missed half days back then! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

tomorrow is normally a half day so I wouldn't expect to hear anything then either....

Boy are you gonig to be dissapointed if you do get in!!

I thought it was half day Wednesday for games (or am I thinking of school?)...:)

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

I thought it was half day Wednesday for games (or am I thinking of school?)...:)

20 years ago you might have seen it in some places but it's long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smoking200

next week will be when anyone gets word. Emails from Athlone going out around 11th

smoking200 wrote: »
    next week will be when anyone gets word. Emails from Athlone going out around 11th

Really? I thought people would have had to be given 2 weeks notice for leaving their jobs. I might be wrong but

• Advertisement

11 days notice for the 18th would mean they'd have to send out the word today.
    I reckon at this stage they'll probably let the 18th slide and push back the date for the next intake....

Advertisement