Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Emails have been started to be sent out somone just posted on the DF fb saying that his friend got one about 20 minutes ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

For where...?

Athlone

For when....?

18th

• Advertisement

Any sign of anyone getting called up for anywhere else....?

I applied to athlone and I still haven't earn anything not good :/

Hold tight, they must be sending the emails out one at a time....

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

I thought that it would have been done alapbetically by surname but I'm N and a fella I know who is O got his in all :(

Someone said its not the last platoon there is another one later in the year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 doniamator

A lad said on the facebook page that some vettings arent back yet. Dont be losing hope yet!

More emails were sent out today I'm losing hope fast now :(

For where and when....?

Check the DF fb think the lad said he had to go and enlist in cork but is training in Kilkenny, not looking good for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet :(

Relax, I heard recently that there still waiting for a load of Garda vetting forms to come back and when they do they'll be calling up another two (or three) platoons for training in Cathal Bruagha, Gormanstown and Dundalk. Its taking a while but its not over yet, don't give up....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Panda.w

Check the DF fb think the lad said he had to go and enlist in cork but is training in Kilkenny, not looking good for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet :(

They do that alot in cork, heard of a good few ppl that it happened to last year...applied in cork but training in kilkenny, some of them transfrred back to cork then after training

Plus if the number of ppl actually dropping out is half of what iv heard theyll need to fill those spots too. If not, Because the ppl on the panel have redone the medical and fitness test they may be able to use the same panal for another round of recruitment early next year?? Just a thought...

Panda.w wrote: »
    They do that alot in cork, heard of a good few ppl that it happened to last year...applied in cork but training in kilkenny, some of them transfrred back to cork then after training

Don't take my word for it but think the lad said he applied for Dublin, but has to enlist in cork but doing basic in Kilkenny

Don't take my word for it but think the lad said he applied for Dublin, but has to enlist in cork but doing basic in Kilkenny

Yeah i can see that happening too...bigger population in dublin so more would have applied there so instead of them losing out just enlist them else where. Makes sence i spose

What happens at the end of the recruit training..?
    Will the recruits that train in Dundalk/Letterkenny/Athlone etc stay there once they're finished the training or are these places just hosting the training for the whole brigade after which the recruits will be posted to other places within that brigade...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Will the recruits that train in Dundalk/Letterkenny/Athlone etc stay there once they're finished the training or are these places just hosting the training for the whole brigade after which the recruits will be posted to other places within that brigade...?

maybe, maybe not

Good few Dub's in Galway

• Advertisement

So do you think those Dubs will be repatriated or will they have to stay in Galway...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

So do you think those Dubs will be repatriated or will they have to stay in Galway...?

Sorry, no idea. Over time will probably get the option to move

I would think it depends on availabikity/requirements. If theres space and theres room, they would prob stay. If not theyll be transferred to where they are needed and there is room...i could be wrong, just my thoughts. I dont tink anyone will know for def until they pave passedout...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

You go where you are needed/told. It's the nature of the job. If you want to stay close to home, get a job in your local lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

All depends, at times they can be accommodating to a certain extent, other times you can be sent anywhere. You might find out the last week of training too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smoking200

if you have needs to be close to home you can apply for transfer back.. if u have kids and things like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

smoking200 wrote: »
    if you have needs to be close to home you can apply for transfer back.. if u have kids and things like that..

It will still take years, that last person I knew who got a transfer from his original posting, for family reasons, it took 4 years of constant applications.

I know a guy joining in Athlone on 18th. He did an orientation day yesterday and he says they were told they would be given their postings during the first 3 days of recruit training. That makes sense because it's not like they don't already know where people are needed!

Has anyone else heard about another platoon on the 29th?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

SIRREX wrote: »
    It will still take years, that last person I knew who got a transfer from his original posting, for family reasons, it took 4 years of constant applications.

I know a guy joining in Athlone on 18th. He did an orientation day yesterday and he says they were told they would be given their postings during the first 3 days of recruit training. That makes sense because it's not like they don't already know where people are needed!

Horse poo.
    Fact.

Last 3 days maybe.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to eveybody starting tomorrow!:-) for those still waiting for an email - hold tough, its gonna come :-)

See ye on the other side!

Advertisement