Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

rosknight wrote: »
    hi, does anyone know the number of applicants for this??
    I think it was 1,500 for the 2nd brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

whoa, that must be nearly half the existing Bde strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bcoakley93

Hows it going lads I'm going for the fitness test on the 28th and just have to get the cert stamped by the doctor and was wondering do they charge you the full €55 to sign their name and stamp a bit of paper ? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoshC0011

Bcoakley93 wrote: »
    Hows it going lads I'm going for the fitness test on the 28th and just have to get the cert stamped by the doctor and was wondering do they charge you the full €55 to sign their name and stamp a bit of paper ? Cheers.

Fairly certain my doctor charged me €25. Don't know if that's everyone though. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

Anybody get there psychometric test yet? Was one of the first group to do there fitness test on the 7th of this month in the curragh still no Psychometric test yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 oxw

Does anyone know how much the recruits for the PDF get payed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You'd be taking home about €270 as I recall a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Anybody get an email today?

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    Anybody get an email today?
    did you?

Yeah just saying that I should be getting an email from the company doing the psychometric test before the 5th Oct

• Advertisement

Best of luck! I got nothing yet and was a part of the first group to do the fitness test! passed it to!

You'd be taking home about €270 as I recall a week.

Best of luck! I got nothing yet and was a part of the first group to do the fitness test! passed it to!

I wouldnt be panicking yet, You said you did yours in the Curragh? I did mine in Collins Brks, Cork. Different groups, plus these kind of emails are sent out in batches. You'll find out in the next few days. Also check your spam folder as the emails can sometimes end up there.

I wouldnt be panicking yet, You said you did yours in the Curragh? I did mine in Collins Brks, Cork. Different groups, plus these kind of emails are sent out in batches. You'll find out in the next few days. Also check your spam folder as the emails can sometimes end up there.
    That's probably it lad! Have you done the psychometric test before?

That's probably it lad! Have you done the psychometric test before?

I have, they're simple enough. the verbal aspect of it was just to see if you could follow what you were being asked to do and the maths was, adding subtracting and multiplying(can be tricky towards the end) you are against the clock in both of them.

Weird question lol but i saw a soldier down in Cork Barracks with a beard? What's the views of facial hair in the army does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Yeah just saying that I should be getting an email from the company doing the psychometric test before the 5th Oct

Are the psychometric tests done in the barracks or do you do them at home online ??

skaface wrote:
    Are the psychometric tests done in the barracks or do you do them at home online ??

When I did it, it was at home. However, 25% of the people who pass get called to the barracks to resit the test in a supervised area. The 25% is random. I was one of the 25% last time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

oxw wrote: »
    Weird question lol but i saw a soldier down in Cork Barracks with a beard? What's the views of facial hair in the army does anyone know?

Most likely excused shaving for medical reasons.

got my email today letting me know ill have it by the 5th of October! anyone know any good websites to practice on that will be similar enough to the test we will be getting?

• Advertisement

got my email today letting me know ill have it by the 5th of October! anyone know any good websites to practice on that will be similar enough to the test we will be getting?
    told ya man, and not that I know of unfortunately :-/

I read somewhere that shl was a website they done it on before?

dunno lad, will do one later and let ya know.

dunno lad, will do one later and let ya know.
    It says in the email cut e is the website, have a look at that when ya can see if there the kind of questions if ya can, sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

John_D80 wrote: »
    Most likely excused shaving for medical reasons.

Or possibly a member of the Ranger Wing....?

Yeah have a look at the verbal reasoning test, reading comprehension test and calculation test. The psychometric is fairly similar to them.... Now bare in mind it was last year I did mine, it might have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Or possibly a member of the Ranger Wing....?

Possible but as I said it was most likely someone that is excused shaving for medical reasons. Even in the curragh these days, if you see a guy with a beard he's more likely to be excused shaving than be a member of the ARW.

Got an email today saying that the email with the link for the psychometric tests will be sent out on the 12th. Anyone else get this?

JoshC0011 wrote:
    Got an email today saying that the email with the link for the psychometric tests will be sent out on the 12th. Anyone else get this?
    yeah few short practice questions there as well

• Advertisement

yeah few short practice questions there as well

Funny thing is, it's the exact same test that you have to take on the online Paddy Power job application. (the numerical anyway) The questions there are harder as well so it will be better practice if anyone needs it.

Advertisement