Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

has anyone done their psychometric test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

rosknight wrote:
    has anyone done their psychometric test yet?
    no not yet, we get an email about it Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

Just out of curiosity has anyone not got their email for the Psychometric test yet. They said to email them if you havnt received it by 13.00pm. Its now 12.48pm and just want to see if anyone is in the same boat.

*Follow Up* Literally just got the email as I hit post reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TPhunter42

just sat the psychometric test there, anyone know the pass mark for these tests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 JoshC0011

TPhunter42 wrote: »
    just sat the psychometric test there, anyone know the pass mark for these tests?

Fairly certain that the results are marked against everyone else. Meaning that the pass mark will depend on how well everyone else does.

JoshC0011 wrote: »
    Fairly certain that the results are marked against everyone else. Meaning that the pass mark will depend on how well everyone else does.

thanks man, got through the majority of the questions. hopefully it goes well now!

any idea on when we'll find out if we passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

how did everyone find the psychometric test? im confident enough! :)

how did everyone find the psychometric test? im confident enough! :)

Same as! Were the numeracy questions numbered? I'm not sure how far I got in the numeracy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 oxw

TPhunter42 wrote: »
    Same as! Were the numeracy questions numbered? I'm not sure how far I got in the numeracy.

Same here, not quite sure how far I got in to it :P but how far did you get in the verbal reasoning if you don't mind me asking?

oxw wrote: »
    Same here, not quite sure how far I got in to it :P but how far did you get in the verbal reasoning if you don't mind me asking?

I finished the verbal and I reckon I got far enough in the numerical because the last one was (_x_x_)+_=258 or something.

How did you find them?

I finished the verbal and I reckon I got far enough in the numerical because the last one was (_x_x_)+_=258 or something.

How did you find them?

Think I may have got into the 11th or 12th question in the Numerical and 15th question in the Verbal!

Bit of a bummer.

Think I may have got into the 11th or 12th question in the Numerical and 15th question in the Verbal!

Bit of a bummer.

I reckon you got on better than you think. I got through mine quick but my accuracy probably wasn't the best. :P

All we can do now is wait.

I reckon you got on better than you think. I got through mine quick but my accuracy probably wasn't the best. :P

All we can do now is wait.

Maybe, it's over now anyways so only thing to do is concentrate on interviews!

Maybe, it's over now anyways so only thing to do is concentrate on interviews!

Any idea when they are? And are they before the medicals?

Any idea when they are? And are they before the medicals?

16th Nov to 4th of Dec from what I was told :) not sure about Medicals!

I was wondering reading the emails, and I wonder are people who they suspect may have cheated in the Psychometric test asked to re-sit it? It wouldn't be ideal for everybody to re-sit it, would it?

16th Nov to 4th of Dec from what I was told :) not sure about Medicals!

I was wondering reading the emails, and I wonder are people who they suspect may have cheated in the Psychometric test asked to re-sit it? It wouldn't be ideal for everybody to re-sit it, would it?

Cheers :)

I'm fairly certain that its just a number of random applicants.

Suppose! Anyways best of luck with everything pal :)

Suppose! Anyways best of luck with everything pal :)

Cheers (y) Same to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Cheers (y) Same to yourself.

Any tips for the verbal haven't took mine but that time of 8 mins is hard I know I will struggle on it !!

Betty14 wrote: »
    Any tips for the verbal haven't took mine but that time of 8 mins is hard I know I will struggle on it !!

Look at the question first and look for key words in the question then scan quickly through the text! Best way IMO.

Look at the question first and look for key words in the question then scan quickly through the text! Best way IMO.
    how did u find the time on ot

8 minutes is not enough for the verbal, and 5 minutes for the numeracy is not enough in my own opinion!

There's at least 2 paragraphs maybe more on the verbal then a fairly simple question but its impossible to read everything and answer without taking time to do so!

So pick key points from the QUESTION. Then look at the text to match what you're asked from what's given.

Well all the best anyway pal

The question I got to on the numeracy had the answer 70.

Ehm 22 in the verbal but I didnt answer it in time :( wby?

The question I got to in the numerical was (_x_x_)+_=70

Any idea when you passed that or if it was close to the end of your numerical test?

Cheers

I read further down in this post that a random 25% get asked to resit. I got all the verbal ones but didnt complete all the numerical ones. I agree 8 minutes isnt along time and I started to panic :/ not the best thing to do but when you see the clock count down you tend to rush a bit. How did everyone think they got on? Any idea on when we will hear back or get info on the next stage?

TPhunter42 wrote:
    test?
    TPhunter42 wrote:
    The question I got to in the numerical was (_x_x_)+_=70

Any idea when you passed that or if it was close to the end of your numerical test?

Cheers
    I didn't have that one but the format is the same as the last one I got to so I'd say it's near the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I didn't have that one but the format is the same as the last one I got to so I'd say it's near the end.
    Every one had a different test. There is no point saying what figure was in your last question.
    On another note, I don't think everyone gets to the interview. For the Navy, 1200 people applied and only 200 were called for the interview.

Advertisement