Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

danube wrote: »
    Every one had a different test. There is no point saying what figure was in your last question.
    On another note, I don't think everyone gets to the interview. For the Navy, 1200 people applied and only 200 were called for the interview.

Unless the answers are just in different order the test must be pretty much the same. Alot of my questions sounded the same as others I know that did it .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

That test was not easy for hit with a hard on early on was expecting them to come last!!

When do use reckon we will find out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

Betty14 wrote: »
    When do use reckon we will find out

Well all psychometric tests are done tomorrow so I'd say itll be about a week or 2 then they will call some people to resit. Probably wont be till the start of November until we hear whats happening next. I think I read somewhere that medicals are scheduled from the 16th of November - 4th Of December but Im not sure how accurate that is.

Well all psychometric tests are done tomorrow so I'd say itll be about a week or 2 then they will call some people to resit. Probably wont be till the start of November until we hear whats happening next. I think I read somewhere that medicals are scheduled from the 16th of November - 4th Of December but Im not sure how accurate that is.

Aye I heard that they will be taking people on in December so I'd say your right how'd u get on

• Advertisement

Aye I heard that they will be taking people on in December so I'd say your right how'd u get on

Oh I heard they werent taking anyone in till February. I got all the comprehension questions done but ran out of time for the numerical test think I got about 11/15 though. I should have ignored the timer and I started to panic a little. How about yourself?

Oh I heard they werent taking anyone in till February. I got all the comprehension questions done but ran out of time for the numerical test think I got about 11/15 though. I should have ignored the timer and I started to panic a little. How about yourself?

I think it's sooner pal but u could be right got to 23 on verbal and dunno what I got to on the numeracy I panicked on it as well I got 196 for **** sake how you suppose to work that out in your head

I think it's sooner pal but u could be right got to 23 on verbal and dunno what I got to on the numeracy I panicked on it as well I got 196 for **** sake how you suppose to work that out in your head

It was _x_x_+_=196 that question took a bit of time on my numeracy think I got the short straw there

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Its going to be February at the earliest for induction. They only send off the vetting forms after the interview stage and that takes at least two months.
    I was told that by the people themselves at my fitness test. And I know from experience of applying to the PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 TPhunter42

Its going to be February at the earliest for induction. They only send off the vetting forms after the interview stage and that takes at least two months.
    I was told that by the people themselves at my fitness test. And I know from experience of applying to the PDF.

We where told in cathal brugha barracks that there first platoon they where taking was in January? And that the vetting forms where sent off after the fitness stage. Also, he said once you pass the psychometric test you would be called back for interview.

• Advertisement

TPhunter42 wrote: »
    We where told in cathal brugha barracks that there first platoon they where taking was in January? And that the vetting forms where sent off after the fitness stage. Also, he said once you pass the psychometric test you would be called back for interview.
    They told me in Cathal Brugha Barracks that it would be February and that the vetting forms would be sent after the interview :confused:

They told me in Cathal Brugha Barracks that it would be February and that the vetting forms would be sent after the interview :confused:

I'm confused man haha! Not trying to contradict you btw, I guess time will tell :D

I'd say we will hear within the next week or 2 what's happening next

How many recruits are they taking anyways in the 2nd brigade?

Not sure doubt it will be high numbers though. Might only be 120 for the entire competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 oxw

Not sure doubt it will be high numbers though. Might only be 120 for the entire competition

What about the 1st?

I think it's 120 for all bde's

And will that be split into platoons of 40 men/women? Or will they train us in 2 groups of 60?

Well it's normal 40 per platoon so 3 groups of 40. This is all just speculation though it could be more people or it could be less

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tmn93

In the maths I didn't finish maybe 2 questions and got 2 wrong. In the verbal I only answered about 15 and I'm confidant I got them all right. Honestly, do any of you think this is good enough?

• Advertisement

Did I read correctly that wrong answers counted as negative marks?? And Tmn93 it all depends what they are looking for, someone who answered all the questions correctly might not get through and someone who answered only 3/4 of the questions right could get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tmn93

Did I read correctly that wrong answers counted as negative marks?? And Tmn93 it all depends what they are looking for, someone who answered all the questions correctly might not get through and someone who answered only 3/4 of the questions right could get through.
    Yes a wrong answer will give you a negative mark. And that's good to know because I didn't do the best in the verbal as I hoped to as I got distracted during the test even though I tried my best for that not to happen :(

Do you or anyone else know what it is they're looking for in this test? Is it possible that it gets combined with your score from the physical? I doubt it myself but it would make sense if they actually did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

hi does anyone know once you do physcometric test for the army online do they call you in for another test or if you pass online one do u go for interview

@Danoboy93 they call in a random 25% who did the psychometric test to resist to check if anyone cheated. After that I think it's interviews then the medical

Does anyone know what question number it was they asked the hard questions it felt like a got (_x_x_)+_=196 early on!!

Tmn93 wrote: »
    Yes a wrong answer will give you a negative mark. And that's good to know because I didn't do the best in the verbal as I hoped to as I got distracted during the test even though I tried my best for that not to happen :(

Do you or anyone else know what it is they're looking for in this test? Is it possible that it gets combined with your score from the physical? I doubt it myself but it would make sense if they actually did

Your score doesn't get combined with your fitness!! They might all combine at the end to take in the recruits!! But for this test you just have to score better the best possible score you can get !! Because your scores marked against everybody else!! Above average in both tests should see you through

Fitzafrenic hi thank you just wondering because i went for the army 6 times failed fitness everytime now i finally made it this far

It said In the email thst there would be negative marking . Also you don't pass if your answers are what they are looking for . . It's a right or wrong answer test . What they are looking for are the right answers . I presume they will create an average from everyone and pass you whether you are under or over that everage scores

i got 12 right in the numericla 2 wrong and missed one do you think thats a good result

• Advertisement

Better than I did . I say I did 11 and one of them wrong . Got hung up on 1 question .

Advertisement