Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Has anyone done this test before!! And how good of a score should see you through !!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Betty14 wrote: »
    Has anyone done this test before!! And how good of a score should see you through !!
    I did it a few months ago for the Navy. I didn't get my score, just an email with my interview date. All I know is that 1,200 applied and 200 were given an interview. That's not to say that a lot of people didn't show up for the fitness test, online tests etc.

Was the navy test and army test the same?? And how well do you roughly think u did in both tests to get an interview

Was the navy test and army test the same?? And how well do you roughly think u did in both tests to get an interview
    Yes, their both the same. I'm guessing I got about 90% at least. If you don't get an email this week, then you won't be asked to the the resit.

Did use have to do the test for the navy are do use just get granted a pass since use have already completed it!!

I'd say I've done alright I got asked a hard one which killed a bit of my time and is why I didn't complete them all!! Do u know what questio they throw out the hard questions roughly didn't get a chance to check were I got to in the numeracy 1

• Advertisement

Did use have to do the test for the navy are do use just get granted a pass since use have already completed it!!

I'd say I've done alright I got asked a hard one which killed a bit of my time and is why I didn't complete them all!! Do u know what questio they throw out the hard questions roughly didn't get a chance to check were I got to in the numeracy 1
    The Navy and Army are both different competitions, so I had to do them both, as with the fitness test. When I say they were both the same, I mean they were similar questions but not identical!

danube wrote: »
    The Navy and Army are both different competitions, so I had to do them both, as with the fitness test. When I say they were both the same, I mean they were similar questions but not identical!

Ah right how many u answer in both tests!! Do u know when they asked the hard questions in the numeracy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Timbrolo

For anyone whos still wondering I applied to the 2015 General service comp. in Aug. and just finished psychometric testing 2 weeks ago.

Anyone here in the same boat?

Also just so everyoine knows these tests are pass or fail, while they call it a competition there is a passing grade for each stage and if you make it you will be put on a short list. regardless of how many others pass

Timbrolo wrote: »
    Also just so everyoine knows these tests are pass or fail, while they call it a competition there is a passing grade for each stage and if you make it you will be put on a short list. regardless of how many others pass

So it doesn't matter how well u do conpared to everyone else if you hit the pass mark your through like the fitness ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Anyone get called back to sit the test again?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

rosknight wrote:
    Anyone get called back to sit the test again?
    No did you?

So it doesn't matter how well u do conpared to everyone else if you hit the pass mark your through like the fitness ??

Thats what one of the sergeants told me, Interview is probably a different story

Anyone know how many are in this competition?

Timbrolo wrote: »
    Anyone know how many are in this competition?

I was talking to a fella last night and he said the amount of people applying has dropped compared to recent years he said there's about 1,500 for the army similar to the navy numbers.

I was talking to a fella last night and he said the amount of people applying has dropped compared to recent years he said there's about 1,500 for the army similar to the navy numbers.
    There was about 1500 for the 2nd brigade. That is a lot compared to 10 years ago. Nowadays you get all types such as graduates in Law, Business etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

You know it all Danube . . . . .

I never said I "know it all". I'm just speaking as someone who has passed the interview for the PDF (Navy) and as someone who was in the RDF (I discharged myself a few months ago.)
    I think the people following this thread would prefer to have someone say something useful rather than sarcastic comments like that.

He'd know more about a brown loaf!! 10,500 applied in 2012 so how is it up Danube and I got my information from someone in the army !!

He'd know more about a brown loaf!! 10,500 applied in 2012 so how is it up Danube and I got my information from someone in the army !!
    Read my comment again. I said " compared to 10 years ago". 2012 is 3 years ago :rolleyes:. And I also got my info from someone in the Army.

• Advertisement

danube wrote: »
    Read my comment again. I said " compared to 10 years ago". 2012 is 3 years ago :rolleyes:. And I also got my info from someone in the Army.

I said it has dropped in recent years and u reply saying its went up compared to 10 years ago who cares about 10 years ago! They didn't even do a psychometric test 10 years ago!! So how is that relevant to my post if you aren't disagreeing with me saying recruitments dropped in recent years !! Who even gives a **** all I want to know if use get an email for an interview!!

You also said that all pyscometric test Aren't the same . However from what i see, they are almost , or are definatly , all identical . .

Giving someone good advice is well accommodated but you just seem to contradict anything anyone says on this . It's not constructive .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Do you think the dates for the interview will be sent out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

results of the psychometric tests have to come first

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

I was going through paperwork and found a printed email from the 2014 competition.

My son got his e-mail about his interview on 12 May 2014 (approximately 2 months after doing his fitness test). His interview was a week later.

I vaguely remember that he received an e-mail a few days before this giving him the results of the psychometric tests (he scored in the 90s for the verbal and numerical).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

So that could put the results of the psychometric tests coming out then1st week of November. I heard the interviews start on the 16th of November till the 4th of December so that could be 2 months since the fitness test for some people.

Some people got email for next test this morning

Some people got email for next test this morning

How do you know? Did u get one ?

I didn't yet . Just one the lads I know so far got one . He has a verification test on the 12th. Hopefully I get good News now too .

• Advertisement

Yeah hopefully mate !! Long owl wait put your head away!! How did u do compared to him in the test as in answers completed!!

Advertisement