Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

:eek:

Do you not think it would be worth familiarising yourself with the rank markings in case it might come up in the interview and so you know who you're talking to...?

http://www.military.ie/en/press-office/multimedia-hub/downloads/rank-markings/

Not in my particular interview no

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Highly doubt the interviewer was a private, more than likely a lieutenant or captain

Your prob right . I was concentrating more on my interview than trying to figure out his rank . I was introduced to two sergeant is all I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Not in my particular interview no

Fair enough, I just thought it might give you an added advantage if you were able to display a bit of knowledge about the organisation you were attempting to join....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Your prob right . I was concentrating more on my interview than trying to figure out his rank . I was introduced to two sergeant is all I know .

Well how do u think u got on !! I'd say it's tuff going the interview !!

Fair enough, I just thought it might give you an added advantage if you were able to display a bit of knowledge about the organisation you were attempting to join....

What by knowing the ranks lmao !! They want to know things like what do u think a day to day is like for someone in the army not how many stripes they have on their sleeve haha

• Advertisement

I had plenty of knowledge about that organisation, that I prepared under the topic " career orientation " .

Betty14 wrote: »
    Well how do u think u got on !! I'd say it's tuff going the interview !!

It's mostly just nerves really . They make you feel at ease though . Once you get by first topic your flying .

What by knowing the ranks lmao !! They want to know things like what do u think a day to day is like for someone in the army not how many stripes they have on their sleeve haha

Fair enough, I know somebody that was involved with the interview process in the past and he told me they were often surprised with how little knowledge some of the candidates had in the past about the army and army life whereas others would have gone to great lengths to learn about the command structure, the numbers, manning levels, the operations, equipment used and the lifestyle in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Patryk17

What are the chances of getting in after the interview? I know I didn't do too well with the career orientation though. Everything else was fairly easy though, flew through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Patryk17 wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting in after the interview?

Its fairly tough from my experience. When I went for the Navy this year I was one of 200 people interviewed. While I passed I was placed on the dreaded panel! I didn't score enough points to be in the top 80. And I thought I did well at answering their questions in the interview. I have a degree and I was a recruit in the RDF when I had to drop out due to personal circumstances.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I know somebody that was involved with the interview process in the past and he told me they were often surprised with how little knowledge some of the candidates had in the past about the army and army life whereas others would have gone to great lengths to learn about the command structure, the numbers, manning levels, the operations, equipment used and the lifestyle in general.

Maybe for previous interviews but i was well informed in what I needed to know before the interview . Thanks though

Maybe for previous interviews but i was well informed in what I needed to know before the interview . Thanks though

No problem, you can never be too prepared for an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

how did everyone do on there interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Danoboy93 wrote: »
    how did everyone do on there interviews

As someone else mentioned my orientation could have been stronger but u think overall went well, now the waiting game...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

good lad how about you?

O aye don't get me wrong it would help to know that but wouldn't look to strongly into it ! All the best with it anyway!!

As someone else mentioned my orientation could have been stronger but u think overall went well, now the waiting game...

This career orientation seems to be a problem why do u think it could of been better!!

This career orientation seems to be a problem why do u think it could of been better!!

I could have known more weapons when they asked and a bit more on their everyday life

I could have known more weapons when they asked and a bit more on their everyday life

Did they ask you about weapons ?

Yeah

• Advertisement

Why did u not get asked about weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Danoboy93

i seem to have did ok the only thing was the carrer oreintation everything else seemed good they seemed happy after words the seargent told me i did good so hopefully

Why did u not get asked about weapons

No lad . I just kept talking about about all aspects of army for a good while . Then they seemed happy and they just asked about what a recruit will learn in training . That was it .

How long you's reckon until we hear a reply?

How long you's reckon until we hear a reply?

They told me 3-4 weeks from when I did it Wednesday .

When I asked today, they said they didn't know just keep watching my emails

When I asked today, they said they didn't know just keep watching my emails

Ah it's some wait alright . Best of luck lad .

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

we should hear something 3-4 weeks!

Ah it's some wait alright . Best of luck lad .

The wait is the worst part!! Cheers bud you too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 mallow98

what do they ask you about career orientation? not in this competition just interested for future reference!

Advertisement