Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

What kind of questions were asked on the career orientation?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Don't think anyone would post tips at this stage of the competition .

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Does anyone one know how long the interviews r running for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Betty14 wrote: »
    Does anyone one know how long the interviews r running for

Its probably another week at least. I was told by the Corporal that the medicals would be in January. He said they were interviewing 400 people in Cathal Brugha for 80 places.

azure wrote: »
    Its probably another week at least. I was told by the Corporal that the medicals would be in January. He said they were interviewing 400 people in Cathal Brugha for 80 places.

I know someone who was told that only 200 got through to interview . And that's for 120 places . . I don't think half them are sure what the real stats are . But 200 does seem very little .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

Anyone know the chances of actually getting in? Done my interview last week and it went well, my father and uncle were in the army and I have family friends who are currently serving, does that better my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Anyone know the chances of actually getting in? Done my interview last week and it went well, my father and uncle were in the army and I have family friends who are currently serving, does that better my chances?

Only if you remembered to mention it....

Only if you remembered to mention it....
    I did of course!

Then I definitely think they'll take it into consideration, the army is like a family, they look after their own. You'll know what army life is like, you'll know what's ahead of you and you'll know what's expected of you. I don't think it I'll mean you're automatically in but it might give you an advantage over someone who they may be unsure of or someone with no connection or no experience of what it's really like...
    That's my guess anyway.

Then I definitely think they'll take it into consideration, the army is like a family, they look after their own. You'll know what army life is like, you'll know what's ahead of you and you'll know what's expected of you. I don't think it I'll mean you're automatically in but it might give you an advantage over someone who they may be unsure of or someone with no connection or no experience of what it's really like...
    That's my guess anyway.
    ya your right there! I just hear a lot of lads say its all about who you know.

• Advertisement

ya your right there! I just hear a lot of lads say its all about who you know.

I think they refer to people you know for to do with the recruiting board . The your definatly in with a chance .

Let's face it, the army is not for everyone and some people will have no idea what they're letting themselves in for until they start training. Then they decide it wasn't what they thought it was going to be like and leave, wasting a place that someone else could have taken. At least if you're from an army background they'll assume you know what's ahead of you and that there's a good chance you'll stick it out.

Is it true that the people that havnt got through will get an email a week before the people that's to go for an email because it takes longer to process the names forward for a medical

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

Is it true that the people that havnt got through will get an email a week before the people that's to go for an email because it takes longer to process the names forward for a medical

Its what we were told. If we didnt pass the interview we would hear within a week. Medicals probably wont take place till late January and probably wont be till middle of February that recruits actually start. Thats my guess :/

Its what we were told. If we didnt pass the interview we would hear within a week. Medicals probably wont take place till late January and probably wont be till middle of February that recruits actually start. Thats my guess :/

Aye I'd say you are right!! Thought I heard him say that but wasn't to sure

How do you think you done in the interview!! I messed up a little bit on career orientation but feel majority of it went well

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

How do you think you done in the interview!! I messed up a little bit on career orientation but feel majority of it went well

Ah I did the best I could. Hopefully it was enough :)

Does anyone know what their actually looking for at an interview!!

Ah I did the best I could. Hopefully it was enough :)

How did your career orientation go!! Heard a good bit of it is based on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Let's face it, the army is not for everyone and some people will have no idea what they're letting themselves in for until they start training. Then they decide it wasn't what they thought it was going to be like and leave, wasting a place that someone else could have taken. At least if you're from an army background they'll assume you know what's ahead of you and that there's a good chance you'll stick it out.

Bull$hit, that's called nepotism and there should be no place for it in the public service.

• Advertisement

Like I said that's just my opinion, I could be wrong though....

Its been over a week now since I've done my interview now so does that mean I passed or? A few lads on this said the ones who failed would of heard after there interview within a week or something?

Its been over a week now since I've done my interview now so does that mean I passed or? A few lads on this said the ones who failed would of heard after there interview within a week or something?

No I think it's a week after all interviews are completed my guess is there completed and the people who have failed will be emailed next week sometime !!

Just got word the day anyone else here anything

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Got my email around lunch to say ive passed. Very quick as i only done the interview on Wednesday.

Same I only done mine tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Very Quick, thank god theres no waiting around wondering if you've passed or not. Just a wait to see now if we get a medical date before Christmas.

Ur right the waiting would put u nuts at least we can enjoy Christmas now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Well done lads, where did ye do the interview?

• Advertisement

Where did you two do interviews

Advertisement