Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Where did you two do interviews

Cathal Brugha ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

anyone who done there interview in the Curragh hear anything yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Or Cork please?

Hon tipp ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Or Cork please?

I did mine in cork last Tuesday, haven't heard anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    I did mine in cork last Tuesday, haven't heard anything yet

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Panda General

Got email this morning, had interview in cathal brugha

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Cathal bruagh prob just ahead of things . I did mine in curragh

Cathal bruagh prob just ahead of things . I did mine in curragh

Grand so sound lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Done mine in cathal brugha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

Is it just a medical now lads? Am I in or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

No u could still b put on the waiting list it's a ballocks but the way do it in case they recruit later on in the year and in case ppl drop out

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Anybody hear anything from the curragh yet?

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything from the curragh yet?
    no nothing yet lad hopefully we'll find out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

Got email today saying I was successful at interview in Cathal Brugha, and that they would contact me soon with further details, best of luck to those still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Patryk17

Got my email from Collins Barracks today. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Just got an email earlier to say successful in Collins barracks :) good luck anyone else waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Any Curragh results out yet lads??

Likewise, successful in Collins barracks :-) medical next :-D

Still nothing from the curragh, say tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kinvaradent76

just wonderin lads on yer average age?..my son who is just 18 got email yesterday from Cathal Brugha to say unfortunately he was unsucessful...gutted he is...abs gutted..Felt at interview they had minds made up before he even sat down...big into sport...but is he too young...why do they advertise 18 when they have little interest in recruiting 18 year olds...
    Feedback appreciated as we have no answers as to why interview stage he failed....or where he went wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

I'm 21 kinvaradent, I think you're wrong.

But then again, what I think isn't always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

I'm 22 , don't think they have anything against 18 , 2 of my mates got in during last years recruitment at ages 19 and 20. I even feel I'm a bit old when applying , lots of people younger than me during fitness test , and id say I was oldest out of the 8 of us at interview , tell him apply again next recruitment I'm sure he will get in eventually ! :)

I'm 24, i have to agree with the lads above I don't think they have anything against 18. What they might look for is a bit more life experience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Brandon darcy

Im 19, through to the Medical now. Also have a friend in the Navy who joined straight out of school would have been 18 through the whole competition and for the start of his training.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I know someone who was trying to get in at 18 a few years back and he was told he might have to wait because there hadn't been any recruitment for years so they had a load of guys who were getting close to the upper age limit and had been waiting to get in as this would be their last chance. He was gutted at the time but he applied the following year and was called up and has been in for over two years now.
    I know he'll be disappointed but its not the end of the world for him because at 18 he's young enough to have several more attempts to get in. If he could find out exactly what part of the interview he stumbled over (I don't think they had their minds made up before he sat down) and worked on that for the next time.
    Plenty of people on here who've done the interview to ask the best way to approach it next time and use the time between this and then to get a bit of life experience and work on what's needed for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Wee cankles

Wouldn't say age had anything to do with it last time I applied in 2012 I was 17 and passed the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

so now since the interview stage has passed and its the medical now, whats the chances of beginning recruit training, People are saying that your put on a waiting list of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shaundoyle96

Had an interview in the curragh, heard nothing back myself. The sooner the better if you ask me. Anyone know when they are taking in lads from this competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Any word from the curragh this morning/today?

Advertisement