Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Betty14

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Probably an easy way to tell us to chill out and wait, is shortlisted that waiting list thing?

Yeah you know anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Betty14 wrote: »
    Yeah you know anyone

Afraid not sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

Unbelievably slow. I really hope to get in so I can throw the lanyard into work and tell them to shove it :)

Fulltimer wrote: »
    Unbelievably slow. I really hope to get in so I can throw the lanyard into work and tell them to shove it :)

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

As the title states, this is the chronology (timeline) of events of my son's application for the Defence Forces (Army).

March 2014: Online application.

April 2014: Fitness test.

May 2014: Interview.

June/July 2014: E-mail saying that he had passed the interview but may be recruited in the future.

November/December 2014: Garda Vetting Form re-issued and declaration of continued interest in the competition.

June 2015: Medical.

July/August 2015: Confirmation of acceptance and induction.

August 10 2015: Started in Aiken Barracks.

December 3 2015: Passing Out.

As you can see, it can be a very long process. People who were placed highest after the interview started last year but the rest of them were left hanging on with no information for roughly 12 months.

The reason I'm posting this is to allay the anxiety....."will I get in?", "did anybody get an e-mail?", "did anyone get a date for the medical?", etc, etc. My advice is to read all the previous threads re. Army recruitment. For some reason, the 2015 competition posts were merged into the 2012 one. If you don't hear anything, don't panic!!

Here's the 2014 one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057208069
    Have a read and see what those guys went through.

It's a very frustrating and horrible process but very rewarding when you earn the right to wear the uniform and finally pass out.

Good luck!!

• Advertisement

Read an article there from minister of defence and also got told at interview 180 being recruited this brings the number up to were they need to reach 9500 in total!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

Have you a link Betty.
    Also have been told that those that got medical dates are in the first batch to be called up!

rosknight wrote: »
    Have you a link Betty.
    Also have been told that those that got medical dates are in the first batch to be called up!

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2015-10-08a.92

There us go pal!! Who did you hear this from I would say it would be right to be fair !! And what does that mean for us!! And do u know how many they take in for each batch

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

https://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2015-10-08a.92

There us go pal!! Who did you hear this from I would say it would be right to be fair !! And what does that mean for us!! And do u know how many they take in for each batch
    40 a batch as far as I know, then they call in the next 40 and so on till they have enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

They have signs around curragh from today directing towards the ceannt officers mess . Thats where manspower office is . Wonder is it for some medicals that are already taking place

• Advertisement

They have signs around curragh from today directing towards the ceannt officers mess . Thats where manspower office is . Wonder is it for some medicals that are already taking place

Have you heard of anyone being shortlisted!! Only thing that's worrying me no one seems to have of heard of anyone

Have you heard of anyone being shortlisted!! Only thing that's worrying me no one seems to have of heard of anyone

I know a handfull of people but no one heard anything yet other than passing .

I know a handfull of people but no one heard anything yet other than passing .
    They have there's been ppl called for Medicals as far as I know one said he has his next week 14 th

They have there's been ppl called for Medicals as far as I know one said he has his next week 14 th

Awh yeah i seen that . That chap was in cathal bruagha though .

Aye that's were I done mine!! Doesn't matter were u applied they will take the best from all barracks not just one the other

And as you say u know ppl that have been shortlisted so if we were to be shortlisted we would already know

And as you say u know ppl that have been shortlisted so if we were to be shortlisted we would already know

No lad i only know people that got confirmatoon that they passed i meant . Just like me and you . Im still opimistic for us lad . I wouldnt worry .

No lad i only know people that got confirmatoon that they passed i meant . Just like me and you . Im still opimistic for us lad . I wouldnt worry .

It's alright saying not to worry But just have a feeling that's something's up if them other lads have been giving medical a and we haven't !! And if that's the case being placed on the shortlist it would be a worse feeling than being given a dear john!!

It's alright saying not to worry But just have a feeling that's something's up if them other lads have been giving medical a and we haven't !! And if that's the case being placed on the shortlist it would be a worse feeling than being given a dear john!!

If thats the way your outlook on it is , be it . Look back on the last two parts to thus competition . Its the same old thing . People worrying . Including myself .

Im not gonna think the worst till i hear the worst .

Also if you look back over the old 2014 thread that mystic left , you will see that the process is a bit different .

However , it looked like they did the medicals in batches. And people who were put on a list were told so . Same as people who failed the interview .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

I don't think any medicals for the Curragh were handed out yet

I don't think any medicals for the Curragh were handed out yet

Thats what i thought too . Didnt hear of anyone yet

Do we get notified on the garda vetting?

rosknight wrote: »
    Have you a link Betty.

Again, Curragh haven't handed any medical dates at all so hopefully that's not true

Read an article there from minister of defence and also got told at interview 180 being recruited this brings the number up to were they need to reach 9500 in total!!

Roughly 40 recruits a Barack?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Yea 40 per platoon and it 's between 4 Baracks so 160 people.

Is all barracks taking there recruits in jan feb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Is all barracks taking there recruits in jan feb

If it's locations you mean, the DFTC (Curragh) will be a shoe-in, but Collins Bks Cork and Custume Bks Athlone may be used as accommodation. There's also Renmore Bks in Galway.

Any more emails sent out boys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Nothing from the curragh yet!

Advertisement