Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

How will we know if we're on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 EC1502

How will we know if we're on the panel?
    Haven't a clue starting to feel like it will be for people who are still waiting from cathal brugha

EC1502 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue starting to feel like it will be for people who are still waiting from cathal brugha

Yeah Curragh emails went out yesterday and I didn't get one, hoping more are sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

Best of luck with it lad i got an email on the 30th of December from the brugha saying i passed god knows when ill be called

Thanks lad hopefully I'll do alright, let us know how you get on

Best of luck with it lad i got an email on the 30th of December from the brugha saying i passed god knows when ill be called

In your email saying you passed your interview did it say "we will be in contact with you with information about the next stage of the competition."?

• Advertisement

In your email saying you passed your interview did it say "we will be in contact with you with information about the next stage of the competition."?

You have been successful at interview for 2015 General Service Army Dublin Interview Centre (Permanent Defence Force)

We will be in contact with you with information about the next stage of the competition.

Regards,

Manpower Office
    2 Bde
    Cathal Brugha Bks
    Rathmines
    Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stekelly95

Story lads and girls! Any of yous on this done your medical yet on December 14th? Still waiting to hear back from the poxy thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mcgovern92

Yeah i was in the 14th,still no word.im hearing that the first batch is being taken in cathal brugha on the 15th on February and id say we were some of the first to get medicals so assuming guarda vetting comes back id imagine we would be starting then,ive a buddy who done his on the 15th so if he hears before me ill post.

Yeah Cathal Bruagha is starting the second week in February, I got in august 2014 but got injured during training had to get hernia surgery and I was talking to my old platoon sergeant the other day and he was saying there was a delay due to the whole 1916 preparations as they were trying to get us in late January but that plan didn't work out! Your not given your medical unless you pass your gardai vetting first so there's no worries on the vetting! Just a pain in the arse waiting to hear what date your going! They don't tell you until 10-12 days before your starting so its a bit of a c-u-n-t! Hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mcgovern92

Ah yeah i remember you saying that alright.That's good to hear about the vetting because i heard there was a big backlog of them.yeah the notice is ****e.hopefully weel hear back in the next 2 weeks,i just want to get started,its being a long competition.

• Advertisement

you think its been long for you?? I've been waiting for a platoon to go to the bruagha since just before christmas 2014 because that's the barracks i started off in they wanted me back on that one so its a b-o-l-l-o-x!!! hahaha, but yeah id say the first week in feb we will get the invitation email! its a long 17 weeks though...plenty fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nanoch

Mcgovern92 wrote: »
    Ah yeah i remember you saying that alright.That's good to hear about the vetting because i heard there was a big backlog of them.yeah the notice is ****e.hopefully weel hear back in the next 2 weeks,i just want to get started,its being a long competition.

What month did you apply? I'm looking to apply this year, just looking to see when they accepted applications in 2015 so I can have an idea for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Anybody know how long we will be waiting until we hear what the results of the medical are? Also any idea if we pass the medical when we could get an offer of employment?

Also, Recruits is back on RTE Iplayer for anybody that wants to watch it!

Has anyone who's waiting on a medical from cathal brugha emailed them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long we will be waiting until we hear what the results of the medical are? Also any idea if we pass the medical when we could get an offer of employment?

Did you do medical . . You know the way it says on email " clean shave, where appropriare " ..... where is appropriate exactly hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

ye i emailed them and they told me they have taken on the people who had highest scores in interview and that there awaiting government approval to take in more, so were on a waiting list

ye i emailed them and they told me they have taken on the people who had highest scores in interview and that there awaiting government approval to take in more, so were on a waiting list

Sound,hopefully in by the summer

are we guaranteed a medical at this stage, do you reckon

are we guaranteed a medical at this stage, do you reckon

Cant see any reason why we wouldn't be

• Advertisement

What email address are you emailing?

Cant see any reason why we wouldn't be

So there's still a chance for those who Haven't got an email yet?

So there's still a chance for those who Haven't got an email yet?

Once the government sanctions it cant see any reason why but were gonna be waiting a while id say.

Once the government sanctions it cant see any reason why but were gonna be waiting a while id say.

Fingers crossed!

Did you do medical . . You know the way it says on email " clean shave, where appropriare " ..... where is appropriate exactly hahaha

I'm giving the garden a trim just in case haha

Has anybody received a start date for recruit training yet?

Tufty_1 wrote:
    Has anybody received a start date for recruit training yet?

Not till may . After all the 1916 events . We prob wont hear untill week or two before training starts . Unless you failed medical obviously .

the brugha start on the 14th of feb

Did people get a start date already ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The NCOs conducting the training in the Brugha are anticipating the 15th of February as the start date.

Advertisement