Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

Must be just curragh in may then .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Patrykkrzyzak

We're meant to be starting half way through March and the second group is start of April in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Do you know that for certain or is it a guesstimation?

I was told by the guys doing the medical . And many friends currently in the forces . However it seems it must just be the curragh following that path . Which is to wait till after 1916 celebrations to commence training .

Or else they were wrong . Which happens on this alot . Someone always knows someone that knows something . But never actually happens haha .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

Anyone know how long until we're told if we've passed the medical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Leahy1994 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long until we're told if we've passed the medical?

About 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

Where are applicants of the Curragh doing there training?

Where are applicants of the Curragh doing there training?

Pressumably in the curragh . But at the end of day could be anywhere.

Pressumably in the curragh . But at the end of day could be anywhere.

Ah, so no locations yet

Ah, so no locations yet

If you go through some old threads from previous competions youll get more of an idea . The moderator on this says cathal bruagh on 15th this month . But when i was in curragh they said training there starts in may .

• Advertisement

I know a lad who done his Fitness test Interview etc in the Curragh and ended up doing his recruit training in Finner Camp he's doing his 3 start training at the moment there too

Just got an email saying I'm on the panel and my medical will be done in a future date. Does this mean there's another batch of medicals going out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mcgovern92

Anyone receive emails?not looking good for the 15th if there not out yet?

Thats what i was thinking buddie .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mcgovern92

Just got the email the email there,training in cathal brugha on the 22th of February,Goodluck to all..👍

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Leahy1994

Anyone from the curragh get word if they passed the medical?

Had my medical on Wednesday they told us to wait 2-3 weeks until we hear anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

Should the next email we get be an offer of placement instead of weather we'd passed our medical or not, I thought you'd only hear back about medical if there was a problem with bloods or something.

Should the next email we get be an offer of placement instead of weather we'd passed our medical or not, I thought you'd only hear back about medical if there was a problem with bloods or something.

Thats what i though too .

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Lads did you have to go the doctors to get your record of vaccinations? One of the lads who had his medical recently said he didn't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Vaccinations are administer by GPs and HSE doctors at schools and health centres.
    There is no national data base, instead records should be available from the Health Centre you went to as a child.
    Perhaps your GP administered them, in which case they would have the records.
    Here are details of how to get them from the HSE.
    http://www.hse.ie/portal/eng/health/immunisation/whoweare/requestrecord.html

People starting out on training will be asked for these records as a matter of course e.g. nurses, doctors and military.
    It is necessary because of the line of business they are in.
    Better to have it all in order rather than to be delayed because of them.
    A phonecall to the local Health Centre and the records should arrive out in the post.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

twinydavid wrote: »
    Lads did you have to go the doctors to get your record of vaccinations? One of the lads who had his medical recently said he didn't need it.

Had my medical two weeks ago, they haven't asked for anything like that anyway lad

twinydavid wrote:

Wasnt asked for it either man

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

They asked to have them for when you start , says in the email to bring a record of vaccinations

twinydavid wrote: »
    Did you get asked by the Curragh to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Tufty_1 wrote: »
    Did you get asked by the Curragh to do that?

No Dublin. Have a medical on wednsday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stekelly95

Story lads/ladies,

Just updating on what I know is happening at the moment from being in before having contacts and now going back in this month

If your not going to the bruagha on the 22nd of this month then the next platoon will be around the summer time.

If you haven't heard back your results from medical and you done the medical pre February then your on the panel for if anyone gets injured and along with people who haven't had their medical you will be in for the next platoon going in the summer (they won't do a public competition yous will just be called upon and when the panel is empty they will recruit to the public once again.

Don't listen to when they say you'll hear back 2-3 weeks, I done my medical start of December and passed temporary fit on the day (pending bloods) and didn't hear back till we got the offer by email for the bruagha!

Anyone on here going the Brugha on Monday just out of curiosity?

If thats the case what about all the people from the curragh who only did medical recently .

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Hi lads, I did my medical in january and I got an email a few days ago to say that I was successful in the medical and to continue monitoring my email and ill be contacted within due course. Any thoughts? Anyone else get this? I didnt apply for the brugha I applied for cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Murtagh97

yea Ill be starting monday

Advertisement