Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Defence Forces Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jamesmack19

If thats the case what about all the people from the curragh who only did medical recently .
    If anyone from curragh got any email it would have been posted on this lad, I was told may so we might not hear anything for a while. If we do then it should be next week or week after I'd say lad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Michaeljohne

If anyone from curragh got any email it would have been posted on this lad, I was told may so we might not hear anything for a while. If we do then it should be next week or week after I'd say lad

Yeah thats what i was saying buddie . Waiting untill after 1916 celebrations . They are practicing everyday i drive through the curragh .

Yeah thats what i was saying buddie . Waiting untill after 1916 celebrations . They are practicing everyday i drive through the curragh .
    That's it lad, :) when did you do your medical or interview? :)

That's it lad, when did you do your medical or interview?

Medical was 28th of jan . . Cant even remember when interview was . Think was 18th of november . Some wait .

Medical was 28th of jan . . Cant even remember when interview was . Think was 18th of november . Some wait .
    It's some wait alright, hopefully bit of good news soon for us lad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Patryk17

Hi lads, I did my medical in january and I got an email a few days ago to say that I was successful in the medical and to continue monitoring my email and ill be contacted within due course. Any thoughts? Anyone else get this? I didnt apply for the brugha I applied for cork

The nurse at the medical said that the first batch is going in half way through march and the second one is in April. So it's not that bad for us. I had my medical on the 13th of January and asked her what are the chances to be in the first batch and she said that the chances are very high to get in the first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WhtsMyyLifee

stekelly95 wrote: »
    Story lads/ladies,

Just updating on what I know is happening at the moment from being in before having contacts and now going back in this month

If your not going to the bruagha on the 22nd of this month then the next platoon will be around the summer time.

If you haven't heard back your results from medical and you done the medical pre February then your on the panel for if anyone gets injured and along with people who haven't had their medical you will be in for the next platoon going in the summer (they won't do a public competition yous will just be called upon and when the panel is empty they will recruit to the public once again.

Don't listen to when they say you'll hear back 2-3 weeks, I done my medical start of December and passed temporary fit on the day (pending bloods) and didn't hear back till we got the offer by email for the bruagha!

Anyone on here going the Brugha on Monday just out of curiosity?

So the people who are waiting on medicals for the Curragh will start during the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ANRE24

So the people who are waiting on medicals for the Curragh will start during the summer?

I asked when I was doing my medical when the recruits will start in the curragh and he said in may

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Patryk17 wrote: »
    The nurse at the medical said that the first batch is going in half way through march and the second one is in April. So it's not that bad for us. I had my medical on the 13th of January and asked her what are the chances to be in the first batch and she said that the chances are very high to get in the first batch.

Yeah mine was on the 11th and they said March if I remember correctly, but I know lads who haven't been called for the medical yet and lads who haven't heard if they passed it or not

Yeah mine was on the 11th and they said March if I remember correctly, but I know lads who haven't been called for the medical yet and lads who haven't heard if they passed it or not

What I know from the nurse is that there are more batches going in in June, July and then in October. So they're probably preparing the ones for March and April at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Next batch in cathal brugha is september

Anyone have a rough idea what you would be earning a week after taxes and that . While training ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fulltimer

Just got my email to do my medical yesterday, Medicals on the 3rd of march.

I did everything in Cathal Brugha.

Take from this what you will.

twinydavid wrote: »
    Next batch in cathal brugha is september

Are you serious?

Patryk17 wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Yeh I am unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

80 just started there so it'll be a while before more come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tufty_1

Any word from the Curragh Gents

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The DFTC (Curragh) had their 105th Recruit Troop Passing-out Parade yesterday. The Recruit Troop commenced training on the 17th of October 2015 in the 1st Armoured Cavalry Squadron. The passing out parade today marked the culmination of their training and successful entry into the Army at the rank of Private 2*. During their 17 weeks of varied and challenging military training the recruits successfully completed modules in weapons training, foot drill, arms drill, tactical training, physical training, first-aid and unarmed combat to name but a few. The 37 Recruits were drawn from 14 different counties and they ranged in age from 19 to 26.

RECRUITMENT UPDATE
    Our next intake of Army recruits is planned for 11 April 2016. These 48 recruits will be trained in the Brigade Training Centre, 1 Brigade, Cork. It is planned to make offers of employment for these positions around Mid March. Offers will be made to those who applied to Cork in their initial application and will only be made to those who have successfully passed all stages of the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

Have medical on the 8th, I applied to Cathal brugha, but they started on Monday, so if j pass the medical what's next

• Advertisement

Have medical on the 8th, I applied to Cathal brugha, but they started on Monday, so if j pass the medical what's next

A long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Randy14

when did you get the email lad , today ?

Randy14 wrote: »
    when did you get the email lad , today ?

Ye mate got it today

Lads just a quick question? Will my local GP have records of all my injections iv been given so an infant? And how did use acquire that information?...

Lads just a quick question? Will my local GP have records of all my injections iv been given so an infant? And how did use acquire that information?...

You won't be asked for it

Will I bring it just in case, I mean it says it on the form

You realy won't need it

You prob wont need it . But if you ring your gp and ask , he should be able to print them off for you man .

You prob wont need it . But if you ring your gp and ask , he should be able to print them off for you man .

Yeah I got it.. So what's the part in the medical you'd reckon most people fail on

• Advertisement

Yeah I got it.. So what's the part in the medical you'd reckon most people fail on

Not too sure now . Mine seemed ok . Hardest possibly was hearing test . Just concentrate really hard . If your healthy and drug free your fine id say .

Advertisement