Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2012

Options
  • 14-03-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭

The judges this year are Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams

The show will return on 24th of March

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

im apprehensive about the inclusion of david walliams, little britain is hilarious, but out of character i find him very droll, i didnt know of michael mcintyre before last years BGT so i was apprehensive about him, but he turned out to be my favorite judge after so i was disappointed he didnt return this year. gutted about the hoff not returning either.

still though, at least simon cowell is now back in the driving seat and it'll be interesting to see how alesha dixon gets on. she was slated originally when she joined strictly come dancing but later silenced her critics by showing she actually knew what she was talking about.

i just hope it doesnt turn into a singing competition again this year, and that we see more diversity like spellbound:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It be interesting to see how it does ratings wise as it is going against The Voice UK some nights

given that the UK public have pretty much lost interest in anything x factor, it's going to be difficult for the voice to compete with BGT, even with the likes of will.i.am and jessie j.

they overlap by 50 mins apparently. i quickly lost interest in the irish version of the voice, but i always watch BGT because as much as whatever of the show is comprised of singers, theres often the odd nugget of talent to keep an eye on throughout the course of the competition... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I HATE the judging panel this year, so I'm not sure I'll be watching.

David Walliams gives me the creeps *shudder*

• Advertisement

I HATE the judging panel this year, so I'm not sure I'll be watching.

David Walliams gives me the creeps *shudder*

this, times a hundred.

i just dont think he'll have the personality for it.

as i said, outside little britain and having seen him in interviews, he's pure deadpan, whereas michael mcintyre had a bit of life in him! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

xsiborg wrote: »
    this, times a hundred.

Times another hundred. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Can't stand David Walliams OR Alesha Dixon. I'll probably still watch it though... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

this, times a hundred.

i just dont think he'll have the personality for it.

as i said, outside little britain and having seen him in interviews, he's pure deadpan, whereas michael mcintyre had a bit of life in him! :(

For me, it's not so much deadpan as the really unfunny faux-gay sexual innuendos he's always making - about everything. It's beyond tiresome.

Just wait, he'll start the same schtick on the auditioning acts, pretending to be a camp gay man and making all sorts of smutty double entendres in a p!ss poor attempt at humour.

Frankie Howerd he is not... more like that creepy uncle you always felt slightly uncomfortable around!

For me, it's not so much deadpan as the really unfunny faux-gay sexual innuendos he's always making - about everything. It's beyond tiresome.

Just wait, he'll start the same schtick on the auditioning acts, pretending to be a camp gay man and making all sorts of smutty double entendres in a p!ss poor attempt at humour.

Frankie Howerd he is not... more like that creepy uncle you always felt slightly uncomfortable around!

ohh christ, i'd forgotten he does be at this shít... :(

i think i'll just be sky +'ing this one, least that way i'll be able to fast forward through all the chaff.

on a positive note though, there's a girl from limerick on it this year, made it through to the final six of the youtube auditions-

from the random waffle thread in the limerick forum:
    just heard a snippet of this girl singing there on spin south west.

story is she's on the shortlist of britain's got talent youtube entries this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ClodaghLawlor/feed

i think she could do very well... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't understand the hate for David Walliams myself.. very quick witted, always willing to take the piss out of himself and there's few celebs that do more for charity.

Have always liked the guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Basq wrote: »
    Don't understand the hate for David Walliams myself.. very quick witted, always willy to take the piss out of himself and there's few celebs that do more for charity.

Have always liked the guy!
    I hate him. I never thought he was funny, think he comes across as a smug arrogant knobend, and apparently really is a knobend when the camera isn't on him too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Brilliant gay dancers.

Not sure if I can handle another season of this. Background music building up to a crescendo to Simons decision so it's obvious he's going to say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Not sure if I can handle another season of this. Background music building up to a crescendo to Simons decision so it's obvious he's going to say yes.

you must have missed it in the previous 11ty seasons

Cowell standing up, he smells a gap in the market and a record deal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did that choir just sing the word 'twat' on national TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Apart from the choir, this is easily the worst episode of the four seasons that I've watched.

EDIT: I take that back, he is Un_BUH-LIEEVABLE.

Meatloaf is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Wow, the opera couple are very good :)

• Advertisement

Feel sorry for the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the girl.
    I feel really sorry for her too, he would never have gone on stage without her by his side.

However, I do think the judges are right, he would be better on his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for her too, he would never have gone on stage without her by his side.

However, I do think the judges are right, he would be better on his own.

Fair play to him saying that he wouldn't go through without her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That welsh boy's choir are incredible... The two male vocals at the beginning were stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

There is a whole new level of lunacy in this show that you don't get in any other ...

Glorious viewing :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Am enjoying this show like never before! Great variety and talent.

Am not so keen on the follow-up show with Stephen. I think that's a bit silly and stupid.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

The 'old' mark from Fair City is on tonight straight from rejection in the Voice of Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Only 3 judges tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I just Love Ant & Dec!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm really enjoying this xylophone guy :o

Advertisement