Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ryan has a natural talent-great news!
    Pity he didn't sing his own songs on The Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Well done to Ryan tonight on BGT he was fantastic in fairness and did Ireland proud.Looking forward to the final,he could win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

msthe80s wrote: »
    Ryan has a natural talent-great news!
    Pity he didn't sing his own songs on The Voice.
    Wasn't allowed to seemingly, well that's what he said the other morning on Ireland am when he done a phone interview with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

being thrown off the voice then winning britains got talent, now that would be something!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Hopefully he is nowhere, considering his audition was 100% made up bullshíte.

Pudsy ftw for me, has more talent than most of the rest put together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Can't say I like Ryan. Thought Sam Kelly was the better singer of the two to be honest, just seems like Simon wants to get one over on the Voice more than anything else.

I also don't get the Loveable Rogues hype. They're alright, but nothing amazing. Not sure who I'd like to win really, maybe Pudsey for something different!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Fair play to the kid. Damian must be really proud..:)

I'll be cheering on Pudsey though...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The final is between 3 acts IMO - Ashleigh & Pudsey, Charlotte & Jonathon and Ryan O Shaughnessy.

Ashleigh & Pudsey has the cutesy / "alt vote" tied in. It all depends on how they do on the final and the routine they perform. I reckon they're under the most pressure.

Charlotte & Jonathon have been the one everyone has been talking about.. but their music is less accessible than say Ryan O Shaughnessy. Now plenty of people will say it doesn't make a different, it's their undeniable talent but let's remember a dance group winning over SuBo.

Ryan O Shaughnessy has it all - the voice, woman swooning over him and most importantly, a ridiculous sob story. He's undeniably talented though.

My opinion - it's between Ashleigh & Pudsey and Ryan... but Ryan may have it in the bag!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Basq wrote: »
    The final is between 3 acts IMO - Ashleigh & Pudsey, Charlotte & Jonathon and Ryan O Shaughnessy.

Ashleigh & Pudsey has the cutesy / "alt vote" tied in. It all depends on how they do on the final and the routine they perform. I reckon they're under the most pressure.

Charlotte & Jonathon have been the one everyone has been talking about.. but their music is less accessible than say Ryan O Shaughnessy. Now plenty of people will say it doesn't make a different, it's their undeniable talent but let's remember a dance group winning over SuBo.

Ryan O Shaughnessy has it all - the voice, woman swooning over him and most importantly, a ridiculous sob story. He's undeniably talented though.

My opinion - it's between Ashleigh & Pudsey and Ryan... but Ryan may have it in the bag!
    nah doubt pudsey will be in the top 3, novelty acts like them always seem to fall a bit short in the final. The lovable rouges are VERY popular with the younger and teen crowd, so I expect them to finish 3rd or second with Ryan winning it. Johnathon and charlotte will finish 3rd or 4th I say.

Just thinking there, has there ever been a first or second place act that wasn't a singing or dancing act? I cant think of any anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Ryan O' Shaughnessy is 10/1 with boylesports to win it.

the confidence in him here has me thinking he could be worth a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tinie wrote: »
    nah doubt pudsey will be in the top 3, novelty acts like them always seem to fall a bit short in the final.
    They've a poll over on DigitalSpy on who should win and they've currently got 40.8% of the vote.. I've no doubt they'll be top 3 based on that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Was there not meant to be a wildcard episode on lastnight? There was only a replay of wednesdays episode on tv3, really confused me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Liam90 wrote: »
    Was there not meant to be a wildcard episode on lastnight? There was only a replay of wednesdays episode on tv3, really confused me :confused:

It was a bit strange alright, what was the point of showing a repeat??

Ms Happy wrote: »
    It was a bit strange alright, what was the point of showing a repeat??
    They showed Wednesday night's episode because there was soccer on so the episode was only aired on itv and not tv3, suppose they were giving people a chance to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

They showed Wednesday night's episode because there was soccer on so the episode was only aired on itv and not tv3, suppose they were giving people a chance to see it.

Ah okay but what about the wildcard episode? Was there not meant to be one or am i just dreaming?

Nah I think we are just meant to find out tonight who the wildcard is, well that's my understanding of it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody watching?! I hope The Mend go through as the wildcard!

Got the beers in and the Pringles... come on Jonathon and Charlotte! :)

Is Amanda getting married or something? She looks like a dolphin.

Got the beers in and the Pringles... come on Jonathon and Charlotte! :)

There are so many brilliant acts this year - you couldnt pick a winner!

Woohoo!! The Mend got wildcard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Missed the start as I was watching The Voice, did The Mend just sing Without You or was it a mashup with another song?

Avox wrote: »
    Missed the start as I was watching The Voice, did The Mend just sing Without You or was it a mashup with another song?

Just Without You - but they had their own rap in the middle of it I think. I think they're really good

I'm not familiar with the song but it sounded like they just sang that one. Sang it well, but nothing that would stand out particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The wildcard is a good idea in theory but if they didn't get enough support to win the semi, surely they wouldn't get enough votes to win?

lizt wrote: »
    The wildcard is a good idea in theory but if they didn't get enough support to win the semi, surely they wouldn't get enough votes to win?

Good point, though I think they were in a very tough semi, and if they'd been in one of the other nights, could have got in without the wild card.

Great performance from Sam Kelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭Heckler

Just what the world needs. Another frigging boy band ffs.

Heckler wrote: »
    Just what the world needs. Another frigging boy band ffs.

They're better than One Direction, who if I recall, were created by X Factor from solo performers?

I thought Nu Sxool's semi final performance was better?

• Advertisement

:eek: Wow, Molly was fantastic!

Advertisement