Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Applecare refund

• 14-03-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

I have Applecare for my 11month old iPad and wish to sell the device.
    How much of a refund can I expect for the remaining 12/13 months of my Applecare warranty?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

lavine7 wrote: »
    I have Applecare for my 11month old iPad and wish to sell the device.
    How much of a refund can I expect for the remaining 12/13 months of my Applecare warranty?

Thanks

Why would you expect a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE52

The question was not how to get/is it possible to get a refund but what the refund amount might be.

Has anyone ever done this before? I would think that the pro-rata basis would mean I would get ~50% of the original value of the Applecare returned, minus the $25 cancellation fee but I'm not at all sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Exactly what it says there tbh.

You'll get back the value of what's remaining, minus either €25 or 10% of that value.

So if it's a 24-month agreement (2 years) for €200, and you have 13 months left on it, then you'll get back 54.2% of the price you paid, which is €108.40.

The service fee payable is either €25 or 10% of €108.40, whichever is smaller (in this case it will cost you €10.84).

Advertisement