Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French video role play conversations

• 14-03-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm a beginner French evening student looking to improve my French spoken language. I'm looking for video role play conversations? Below is a video I found on the BBC website. The conversation starts with the presenter asking questions with pauses for you to reply out loud. Any online or DVD videos simular or the same as this would be perfect?

Video > Destination > Activities > Role play
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/flash/interactive_popup.shtml

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

It does look interesting and you have the translation there as well - the présentatrice does make a conscious effort to speak clearly (articuler) and of course the man selling tickets for the boat trip from the port of Marseille has the local accent - you might have picked that up. As for other online sites, there's Première Classe on TV5Monde where you watch a short video and then you answer comprehension questions if you want to try that. I've also had a look the website of Attica (www.attica.fr/ - in Paris) where you can browse the français - adulte et ado section (click on Films pédagogiques). Editions Didier have also published a course (une méthode) called Latitudes which includes video sequences. At the back of their on-line catalogue they give two addresses in Dublin that distribute for them - International Books 18 South Frederick Street and Modern Languages Ltd 39 Westland Row, so perhaps you might like to go along and ask them for their advice.
    Salut
    Franc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Would it not just be easier, cheaper and more dynamic perhaps to find a language exchange partner suitable to your level of fluency?

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/

Advertisement