Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan parade

Options
  • 14-03-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Does anybody have any info regarding the parade in Lucan on Saturday?

I'm assuming it's starting in Tesco as usual, but does anybody know what time, or where is best to go to see it?

We tried to see it from Lucan village last year but arrived too late to see anything but the back of people's heads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Lynfo wrote: »
    Does anybody have any info regarding the parade in Lucan on Saturday?

I'm assuming it's starting in Tesco as usual, but does anybody know what time, or where is best to go to see it?

We tried to see it from Lucan village last year but arrived too late to see anything but the back of people's heads.

All the info you need is here-http://www.lucannewsletter.ie/communitynotes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Thanks for that, it's not really what I was looking for though. It's more where to park, and where are the good spots to see it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

If your looking to get a good spot to see the parade then you will have to be in the village by 1pm at the latest, the viewing stand (usually a truck trailer) is a good spot to be as all the acts will stop there .. and as for parking its a bit crazy trying to get away from the village when the parade ends so I'd recommend parking at Superquinn on the Newcastle Rd and walking down, it's only a 10 min walk and it saves getting stuck if your looking to get away after the parade ...

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Excellent, thanks for that. I wonder is there any point trying to park in Hillcrest somewhere and watching from the hill around the corner?

Advertisement