Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to move a pear tree?

Options
  • 14-03-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if its too late to move a young pear tree I have.
    Its got some nice fat buds on it at the moment, but its in the wrong place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

Just wondered if its too late to move a young pear tree I have.
    Its got some nice fat buds on it at the moment, but its in the wrong place!

What are this young trees options?

Move it or lose it. :D

It is obviously young so I would take a chance and move it- better than to lose it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Hi Sgt:

just wondering for what reason you consider it to be in the wrong place? .....and how old is the tree? and how long has it been planted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Have you gotten any fruit off it? I have a concorde pear tree for years and havnt gotten a single pear..have a good mind to pull it up and replace with another plum tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Degsy wrote: »
    Have you gotten any fruit off it? I have a concorde pear tree for years and havnt gotten a single pear..have a good mind to pull it up and replace with another plum tree.

Try getting it a partner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

dardevle wrote: »

Hi Sgt:

just wondering for what reason you consider it to be in the wrong place? .....and how old is the tree? and how long has it been planted?

its only in the wrong place because I am redesigning the garden.

Degsy - I've lost what type it is, but once I bought a concorde, than I got some pears of it (8 in total!)

Its only 2 years planted - 6ft high already.
    I'll probably leave it until Winter now and just do what parts of the garden I can around it

• Advertisement
Advertisement