Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letting grazing when in REPS

• 14-03-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am in REPS4 - and am under stocked. I sold some silage on the stem last year, but have been approached if I would let some ground for summer grazing this year.

I was wondering if anyone on here has done this?

I found a form online here - not sure if this is the one I should use? But it states
    "DVO clearance must always be requested."

Not 100% sure what this means? Is it a phone call, or a letter, and then wait for a letter back before any movement can take place?

Do the forms need to completed every time the cattle come & go from the holding, or is there a minimum time they don't need to be completed for? (I see the form mentions a max of 4 months, doesn't specify a minimum, maybe there is none?)

I must get onto my REPS planner about it - but I was wondering if anyone has done this, and how has it worked out?

Would be interested to hear if its a pain with paperwork, or increase your chances of inspections, or anything like that.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Crap - I think this is the correct form, which I think states I need to amend the REPS plan... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i have done this for the last 2 years and no problem.had cattle on farm all year and over winter,just had forms signed by 2 parties and had all the cattle on it,you are allowed to send this form in after a certain amount of days after the stock has been moved,so in other words if you get a inspection on 1 july tell them the stock only went up on25 june and send in the form.you have to tell them all the animals that will be there but you dont have to tell them which you took home again so thats why put all possible cattle that could end up there on the list.

Advertisement