Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation near Grand Canal Dock

Options
  • 14-03-2012 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I wonder if any organised soul has, or knows of, a 1 bed property or room to rent near the Grand Canal Dock area of Dublin this summer.

I'm a Scottish lad who will be in town working for Google from May 31st until September 15th.

All of the properties I've found on daft.ie etc so far are for immediate availability or are 12 month lease.

Best,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Did you use the short term accommodation search option on Daft? There are 4 properties in the Grand Canal Dock area and 8 across the river in the IFSC, all available to rent by the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jws7

Sorry I should have mentioned, I'm looking for something sub €800pm - some of the short term leases in that area are around €2000pm

There seem to be quite a few properties in my price range available in the area, but none from May 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Ask the people at Google if they get a special deal on short term accommodation at the Alliance, Gasworks. There are a lot of Google people there and I would have thought that many of them might be on short term deals. It's on the same campus as the offices so no transport time or travel costs. The Lansdowne Partnership is the agent. THey are letting all 200 apartments and some are reserved for short term lets.

You posted your price at the same time I made my suggestion, unlikely that you would be able to get anything in the GAsworks for that except perhaps a flatshare. Google has 1500 or so employees at this stage - can you put a note on a virtual noticeboard?

Hi Marcusm - thanks for the helpful replies.

I might get in touch with Google HR about Gasworks. I think my budget is reasonable, based on the flat share properties that are available in the area - as I say, the main problem is that I'm looking for only 3 months and want to start on May 31st.

The Google noticeboard is another good idea and I actually asked my internship host about this - he suggested waiting until a while yet as it may be too early.

• Advertisement

jws7 wrote: »
    Hi Marcusm - thanks for the helpful replies.

I might get in touch with Google HR about Gasworks. I think my budget is reasonable, based on the flat share properties that are available in the area - as I say, the main problem is that I'm looking for only 3 months and want to start on May 31st.

The Google noticeboard is another good idea and I actually asked my internship host about this - he suggested waiting until a while yet as it may be too early.

THe other place you should try is Trinity College - should be lots of accommodation available on campus (a 10 minute walk) for the Summer. If you're lucky you might get Oliver Goldsmith's room!

Marcusm wrote: »
    THe other place you should try is Trinity College - should be lots of accommodation available on campus (a 10 minute walk) for the Summer. If you're lucky you might get Oliver Goldsmith's room!

Thanks for that suggestion - I actually already looked into that, but the cheapest room is €58 a night, or €1740 a month! :(

Advertisement