Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WiFi on/off problem

• 14-03-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Just joined Boards today so be nice:D
    My problem is that I recently took apart my compaq CQ60 laptop to clean the fan and after I put it all back together I noticed that my Wifi button does not turn on automatically anymore for some reason. Is there some setting that changed when I took it apart?? Have looked around on the web but could not find a solution.

I know it's only a small thing but it's a bit annoying. Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

It's a Compaq Presario CQ60-114em with Windows 7.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Hi and welcome.

When you say "took it apart" did you remove the cover completely? It could be a loose connection when you put it back together. Did you try to open it up again to investigate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RickyBobbyskid

Yep, took it all apart. Fairly sure all the connections went back in ok. I took my time putting it back together. Maybe I should take another look though.

The thing is though that the WiFi turns on when I press the WiFi button. Before I took the laptop apart the WiFi used to just turn on automatically when I powered up the laptop. I've a feeling it's just a setting somewhere but not sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yep, took it all apart. Fairly sure all the connections went back in ok. I took my time putting it back together. Maybe I should take another look though.

The thing is though that the WiFi turns on when I press the WiFi button. Before I took the laptop apart the WiFi used to just turn on automatically when I powered up the laptop. I've a feeling it's just a setting somewhere but not sure.

I've seen similar. Look in the bios for a wireless radio state and rather than set to manual set it to automatic or remember. It could be when you took it apart you also removed cmos battery/cleared the bios settings somehow

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RickyBobbyskid

Thanks guys. Going to give them suggestions a shot.
    I'll post back if i get it sorted.

Jonny

Advertisement