Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Kepler Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I do like his reviews, but I find they can drag on a bit. Great if you're bored or something, but not someone to watch if you want a five minute summary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

deceit wrote: »
    Tinytomlogan, makes video reviews for overclock3d on youtube. Mostly he's a really good reviewer.

Yeah I like Tom's reviews, and OC3D in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    fishy.

"an extreme-cooled Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition processor (running at stock frequency)"

179a.jpg

just read more about this and it looks like a bit off chart. the 7970 is quite low on those tests from real world ones.
    i dont really like the idea of that boost system. i hope it wont interfare with overclocking as much.

dunno so far lads looks fishy from those benchmarks. there are still way too many rumors. 7970 might not be so dead yet. it does overclock like a champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

nEO_IMG_P1.jpg

For reference, my 7970s stock volts get a GPU score of about 17000.
    Overclocked they get a gpu score of about 20700.

Not all that impressive imo. Expected it to be miles ahead of the 7970 being so late n all.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-680-sli-performance-preview/15273.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

nice find. it'll be funny if all the hype around the 680 turns into steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    nice find. it'll be funny if all the hype around the 680 turns into steam.

It would be sad really. Fermi all over again? Hope not, one might say Nvidia will be wood-screwed. :p

04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231711/toms-geforce-gtx-680-review

Some supposed benches from the 680 by toms hardware,they had it up in there album but was taken down

424x400px-LL-edbed83f_3-4-330592-3.png

424x400px-LL-b80b29f6_3-7-330595-3.png
    More pictures in the link

Decent performer alright. Seems to take quite a hit with 4xAA though

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

to be honest performance between these two are just not that far away from each other. Nvidia cant pull out smug suspenders just yet... :rolleyes:

where it really will be a an interesting battle - pricing. if i can pick up 680 for 500eu, then ill be all over it. 7970 will have to undercut 680 by a very wee good bit. 7950 looks like a failed product considering how 7870 performing so far.

• Advertisement

to be honest performance between these two are just not that far away from each other. Nvidia cant pull out smug suspenders just yet... :rolleyes:

where it really will be a an interesting battle - pricing. if i can pick up 680 for 500eu, then ill be all over it. 7970 will have to undercut 680 by a very wee good bit. 7950 looks like a failed product considering how 7870 performing so far.

Yeah, those 2 cards are bemusing me. No reason to go for 7950 at all really, considering for over 100 less you get 99% the performance with the 7870.

Will they have paper release on 22nd or proper release where we can order those bastards?

I am really interested in the pricing of this bad boy.

It's apparently going to be a hard launch, though reports say that there might not be a lot of stock at first.

Serephucus wrote: »
    It's apparently going to be a hard launch, though reports say that there might not be a lot of stock at first.

I presume we will get the reviews and proper benchmarks I'm the morning too?

Oh yeah. All the review sites will have had the cards for a few days now at least. (assuming the launch is in fact the 22nd, of course. ;))

Oh yeah. All the review sites will have had the cards for a few days now at least. (assuming the launch is in fact the 22nd, of course. ;))

I hope TTL won't drop a ball amd make its reviews for 22nd. Still no sign of his take on 7850 amd 7870.

So big day tommorow? :D

God I hope nvidia won't pull off something stupid...

dan_ep82 wrote: »

is that website legit and good? do they ship to ireland? i think my account might be 500eu thinner tomorrow :o

is that website legit and good? do they ship to ireland? i think my account might be 500eu thinner tomorrow :o

I honestly don't know if its legit,I just seen it was the first retailer to put a price etc up

Found this in the shipping tab though
    Of 0-5 Kilos
    Fraction of 5 extra kilos
    EUROPEAN UNION AND MELILLA
    Post, Blue Package *
    € 7.75
    € 3

AFAIK tomorow is the release date for all vendors anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Surfn wrote: »

our good friend dan_ep82 already linked that to us. It is just a marketing video, which ofc will say - IT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

i think i will pass out very soon as i am up since 4:00 ( fecking work ), but hopefully all the gpus wont be sold out by tomorrow morning...

awww never saw the link dan posted until now. sorry about that. are ya gonna buy a 680 or maybe 2 shadowhearth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is there a 660 on the books for release soon, does anyone know?

awww never saw the link dan posted until now. sorry about that. are ya gonna buy a 680 or maybe 2 shadowhearth

well i still have my birthday budget that misses supplied, so i was looking for an upgrade. was thinking of getting second 570, but it looks like if 680 is that good i will get it and sell my 570. we will see tomorrow.

well i still have my birthday budget that misses supplied, so i was looking for an upgrade. was thinking of getting second 570, but it looks like if 680 is that good i will get it and sell my 570. we will see tomorrow.
    yup id do the same, get the 680 and sell your 570

yup id do the same, get the 680 and sell your 570

if i will go for it, it would be handy info on using pcie 3.0 card on pcie 2.0 mobo

Monotype wrote: »
    Is there a 660 on the books for release soon, does anyone know?

You're looking at it. What's now the 680 was originally slated to be the 660.

You're looking at it. What's now the 680 was originally slated to be the 660.

i thought it was suppost to be a 670. still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think people are basing it off of the 500 series. The 560 Ti being based off of a GF104 core, and the 570 and 80 being based of of 110. Obviously none of this has (or ever will be) confirmed by NVIDIA, but that's the consensus at the moment.

Edit:

GTX 680 appears on Newegg.

Edit 2: Cards removed.

Advertisement