Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Kepler Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if other reviews agree with tweaktown, I might sell my 6990 and 'side grade' to a 680. runs cooler, quieter, more future proof, and wc blocks should be cheaper I imagine.

Yup. €85-95 vs. €115-135 on EK's website.

NVIDIA live stream on PC Perspective.

http://pcper.com/live?sf3580716=1&sf3581826=1

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 - Cheapest one.

hardwareversand € 476.61

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

pandaboy wrote: »
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 - Cheapest one.

hardwareversand € 476.61

Not bad, but ive had so many problems with EVGA before :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Im going to wait a few months before I upgrade.
    As it is my 6870CF cost me €330.
    If I could get a single card with 1.5 or 2gb more vram for €350 out of the new line up id be happy.

As it is I can get the OCUK 580 for that so im not too hopeful lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

quite happy with my 7970 tbh, might be able to get a second one cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

when is the 780 slated to launch?

tbh seeing the 1080p benches, the 1600p looks dissapointing, especially vs the 7970. whats going on there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

when is the 780 slated to launch?

tbh seeing the 1080p benches, the 1600p looks dissapointing, especially vs the 7970. whats going on there?

Because it has only 2GB or RAM I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

you are dead right there on 570. i am maxing out everything, its just i still got that money i want to spend on something, if not, i will just damn waste it little by little on bull****.

Why not a second 570 for SLI. That's what I'm planning when the prices come down a bit.

• Advertisement

This is great news if you wanted to grab a 560ti or a cheap 570

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why not a second 570 for SLI. That's what I'm planning when the prices come down a bit.

looks like more problems then advantages with sli setup, plus vram on gtx 570 is crap for multy monitor setup. my 750w psu will be on the limit too.

i will be honest, lads in here scared me ****lesly with all the sli problems lol :o

Worked fine for me. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Disregard-posted in the wrong thread...

glynf wrote: »
    I'm selling a Coolermaster 1000W PSU:

http://www.adverts.ie/788927

But if you sell that, what will power the starship enterprise?

looks like more problems then advantages with sli setup, plus vram on gtx 570 is crap for multy monitor setup. my 750w psu will be on the limit too.

i will be honest, lads in here scared me ****lesly with all the sli problems lol :o
    haters gonna hate tbh. ive been using crossfire for over a year without a hitch, and if anything, SLI scales better.

do you have multimonitors? I was going to go down that route too with eyefinity, but games just dont scale well all of the time, and monitors are never identical, even from the same batch. you also need some serious realestate to have them. so im settling with 1 big badass hi-res and later will add a 1080p for HW monitoring/vids while gaming. more than enough imo. you also dont have to worry about Vram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

haters gonna hate tbh. ive been using crossfire for over a year without a hitch, and if anything, SLI scales better.

do you have multimonitors? I was going to go down that route too with eyefinity, but games just dont scale well all of the time, and monitors are never identical, even from the same batch. you also need some serious realestate to have them. so im settling with 1 big badass hi-res and later will add a 1080p for HW monitoring/vids while gaming. more than enough imo. you also dont have to worry about Vram.

So you're getting the Catleap? :D Good luck!

well i am using just 2 monitors. one for gaming other for por.... non adult videos. :pac:

i presume 2x570 should be faster then 680 though? i would upgrade later to bigger monitor or 3 monitors later one. i dont want to buy more monitors or bigger one now as my 570 will choke on it...

Vicxas wrote: »
    But if you sell that, what will power the starship enterprise?

Should have posted in the Selling Personal PC Gear thread. Your sig sums it up perfectly :o

Should have posted in the Selling Personal PC Gear thread. Your sig sums it up perfectly :o
    just left a comment on adverts for you :P

• Advertisement

just left a comment on adverts for you :P

Thanks m8, appreciated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yeah,

Nvidia tend wipe the floor with AMD when it comes to driver optimisation & up to date profiles. Thats what will makr the 680 easier to live with.

Has there been any 7970 Xfire vs. 680 SLI, surround vs. eyefinity comparisons? Thats what I'm keen to see.

Anyone after a pair of 7970's? :D

Don't throw away those 7970's just yet, pretty well honours even when you move up to 5070 X 1080 resolutions.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1453/pg6/zotac-geforce-gtx-680-graphics-card-sli-performance-review-battlefield-3.html

Interestingly in BF3 when you make it 5070 X 1080p, CF'd 7970s even manage to pull ahead of SLI'd GTX680, despite the getting fairly well outperformed in both single and CF modes @1920X1080p. Due in no small part to a most impressive near 100% performance scaling by the HD7970 for this game. Although there will certainly be driver improvements on the way for the GTX680 over the coming weeks and months.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Don't throw away those 7970's just yet, pretty well honours even when you move up to 5070 X 1080 resolutions.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1453/pg6/zotac-geforce-gtx-680-graphics-card-sli-performance-review-battlefield-3.html

Interestingly in BF3 when you make it 5070 X 1080p, CF'd 7970s manage to pull ahead of SLI'd GTX680, despite the getting fairly well outperformed in both single and CF modes @1920X1080p

that last pic, makes me cream my pants and makes me want to get 3 monitor setup... :D

still, single 7970 or 680 won do that well with 3 monitor setups :(

marco_polo wrote: »

Interestingly in BF3 when you make it 5070 X 1080p, CF'd 7970s even manage to pull ahead of SLI'd GTX680, despite the getting fairly well outperformed in both single and CF modes @1920X1080p. Due in no small part to a most impressive near 100% performance scaling by the HD7970 for this game. Although there will certainly be driver improvements on the way for the GTX680 over the coming weeks and months.

Looks like an interesting read, the extra vram helps the 7970 no doubt. There will be no more hardware for me for a while-or I could incur a few GF related injuries :)

that last pic, makes me cream my pants and makes me want to get 3 monitor setup... :D

still, single 7970 or 680 won do that well with 3 monitor setups :(

I was running a 7970 @ 5040 x 1050 getting reasonable fps (40+) on most games with medium-high settings with some of the eye candy turned down.

Have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWZho_Jdx9M

cheapest 680 in scan.co.uk sold out ( palit ), only msi left.

its weird that team RED, has not done anything with prices yet...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

cheapest 680 in scan.co.uk sold out ( palit ), only msi left.

its weird that team RED, has not done anything with prices yet...

Just speculating but its a smallish segement of the market, so perhaps the reason they are not doing so is that if they drop the price of the HD7970, they would pretty well have to drop them across the entire range.

And as they are currently still competition free for this generation in the mid - upper mid range segment, where they sell the most GPUs, perhaps they figure that a few lost HD7970 sales will be more than made up for by milking the 7800s for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads probably a stupid question but am i still better off with the 2x 570s ?

Headshot wrote: »
    lads probably a stupid question but am i still better off with the 2x 570s ?

do you have already 2x570 or want to buy one more?

• Advertisement

570 SLI will still provide you with better performance than a single 680. If you have a 570, you could get a second for more performance, or sell it and get a 680 for less (but still more) performance, using less power, and supporting multiple displays, etc.

Advertisement