Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Kepler Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Serephucus wrote: »
    570 SLI will still provide you with better performance than a single 680. If you have a 570, you could get a second for more performance, or sell it and get a 680 for less (but still more) performance, using less power, and supporting multiple displays, etc.

that's what I wanted to know

cheers Serephucus

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

interesting enough: a good few of retailers still dont have gtx 680 for sale.

amazon.ie , pixmania.ie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

interesting enough: a good few of retailers still dont have gtx 680 for sale.

amazon.ie , pixmania.ie etc.

Pixmania.ie has a Gigabyte Gtx680 for € 679 :eek:

kayser wrote: »
    Pixmania.ie has a Gigabyte Gtx680 for € 679 :eek:

good luck with that... some retailers should be just shot in the face... :rolleyes:

looks like best place to get 7970 or gtx 680 now is in dabs.ie with their offer of 25eu off from 399eu purchases and free delivery. both cards work out around 480eu delivered.

problem is - 680 is weirdly " order on request "... i tried emailing them, but got feck all reply from them since yesterday.... 7970 might work out better for future multi monitor setups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Usually ordered upon request means that they don't anticipate high demand, etc. so when they get an order, they put a request in to their supplier. I've been told it can take up to two weeks to get stuff in these cases, but I ordered something OUR and I got it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

is it me, or new gpu's and hdd's getting too expensive to have???
    for hdd price is more than 100 quid, and for "not" average gpu is more than 200??? wth

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Erper wrote: »
    for hdd price is more than 100 quid, and for "not" average gpu is more than 200??? wth

There is always the ATI 68XX series which are great value at just over the €100 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the new gpus out now are a bit of a disappointment in that way. most new gen stuff sees an increase in performance at a reduced price, but this entire generation holds the same price to performance ratio as the last one. really shouldn't be happening either with a die shrink, which is cheaper per wafer. just nvidia and AMD milking us.

as I said before, nvidia made the 680 to compete with the €230 7950, and every cent above that is pure profit.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the new gpus out now are a bit of a disappointment in that way. most new gen stuff sees an increase in performance at a reduced price, but this entire generation holds the same price to performance ratio as the last one. really shouldn't be happening either with a die shrink, which is cheaper per wafer. just nvidia and AMD milking us.

as I said before, nvidia made the 680 to compete with the €230 7950, and every cent above that is pure profit.

this.

atleast would would use to get more performance, but price would be same as old gen high end. so basicly more performance for same price. unfortunately now we get more performance, but we pay more for it too.
    its a shame really as pc gaming was getting cheaper and more affordable. Its still is, but nvidia and AMD not doing any faivors with stupid overpriced prices. in reality you dont even need these high end cards, thanks to consoles sucking donkeys balls performance wise.
    still such a tiny leap in performance for such high price is really making a mess in mid range cards. a lot of those cards are just same performance for same price, just rebadged.

tl;DR version: You pay same money per performance as you did with old gen, just there is more performance and bigger price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Erper wrote: »

HDDs manufactures are only starting to get back to normal production numbers after the floods in Thailand it will still be another 6 months before we see <€50 1tb drives again

so my gtx 570 just went to a new owner. he looked very happy when he sow it in person! :D.

so if anyone interested i just hooked up 680 and did some heaven benchmark. i got my old gtx 570 stock benchmark too on same settings. so both stock cards and same pc. pcie 2.0 2500k 8gb ram.

NewBitmapImage-3.jpg

1.jpg

will need to go and play some BF3 now! :D

Do me a favour and do a 3DMark 11 run at some point?

Happy gaming. :)

cheers bud.

will need to down load it, somehow i newer liked it. always liked unigine more! :o

btw msi afterburner is all messed up as it says my clocks are 700mhz, will need to look in to it. wont bother overclocking now.

AFAIK, Precision X is the only thing that'll work with the 680 for the moment. Unless there's a Beta version of Afterburner out.

AFAIK, Precision X is the only thing that'll work with the 680 for the moment. Unless there's a Beta version of Afterburner out.

well i use afterburner for FPS counter now. i am not worried about ocing as we can see the damn thing is already overkill for 1080p.

i will need to put money in to account that i got for my old gpu. then i have another headache... do i got 1440p or ghetto style 3x24inch

@ ShadowHearth do you have vsync on or off during them test?

Headshot wrote: »
    @ ShadowHearth do you have vsync on or off during them test?

off all the time. was quite funny to see counter at 200-250 fps in maxed out wow :D

• Advertisement

my 2 570s are only 10fps better lol

cant find where to turn off vsync in skyrim. it bounces at 60.1 all the time with i it fully maxed out with high ress addon.

570 is an awesome card, its just i am going multimonitor setup, so sli 570 would bottle neck me in Vram :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you cant turn vsync off in skyrim, its something to do with the physics engine afaik.

please do a 3D Mark 11 benchmark run!

for the record, I get around P9500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

so my gtx 570 just went to a new owner. he looked very happy when he sow it in person! :D.
    and there was me hoping he'd give up on buying it in the end and it would be mine :(

daz801 wrote: »
    and there was me hoping he'd give up on buying it in the end and it would be mine :(

We're you one of the other who were waiting to buy it m8? In all fairness it went so fast I was even shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

cant find where to turn off vsync in skyrim. it bounces at 60.1 all the time with i it fully maxed out with high ress addon.

570 is an awesome card, its just i am going multimonitor setup, so sli 570 would bottle neck me in Vram :(.

great game but the menu options aren't, so its through .ini tweaks-go to the the Skyrim.ini file; Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder, at the bottom of the [Display] section add in 'iPresentInterval=0"

Theres a few decent tweaks here. The mouse smoothing & vsync improved things for me, as in less manky mouse lag.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

We're you one of the other who were waiting to buy it m8? In all fairness it went so fast I was even shocked.

Yup, would have had to jump another guy before it go to me though. oh well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

me waiting as well:cool:

okay okay, i am downloading it now ya brats! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

well i use afterburner for FPS counter now. i am not worried about ocing as we can see the damn thing is already overkill for 1080p.

i will need to put money in to account that i got for my old gpu. then i have another headache... do i got 1440p or ghetto style 3x24inch

not overkill for 1080 at all...
    Bf3 at ultra settings....Vsync at 60 fps.... 60hz monitor...perfect..

try it..:cool:

smooth as a babies bum with my 2x 6970..

I nearly bought a 680 and probably will down the track..and another one as i have a 120hz monitor and would love to try the nvidea 3d thing on ultra settings....

Advertisement