Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA Kepler Information

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

P9073, i have no idea if its good or bad lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

P9073, i have no idea if its good or bad lol!

thats not so bad seeing you havnt o`ced it yet or have ya?

dwighet wrote: »
    thats not so bad seeing you havnt o`ced it yet or have ya?

nope, still stock. i cant even OC it properly, as most of the stuff see it as 700mhz core. most tweaking tools are not updated for gtx 680.

TEA_BAGs 6990 gets p9500, so i guess non Oced p9070 ain that bad.

nope, still stock. i cant even OC it properly, as most of the stuff see it as 700mhz core. most tweaking tools are not updated for gtx 680.

TEA_BAGs 6990 gets p9500, so i guess non Oced p9070 ain that bad.

its good mate.... what cpu clock you have?
    Im just trying to compare apples...:cool:

its good mate.... what cpu clock you have?
    Im just trying to compare apples...:cool:

2500k at 4.2ghz, nothing too serious. btw this cars is on pcie 2.0 now, so i guess pci 3.0 is still useless.

• Advertisement

2500k at 4.2ghz, nothing too serious. btw this cars is on pcie 2.0 now, so i guess pci 3.0 is still useless.

Dont need a serious cpu o`c for gaming....
    I was running 4.8 for a good while then dropped it down to 4.4...ended up 8-10c cooler(cpu) and no drop in gaming performance..

good luck with your new gpu.... keep us posted once you start to tweak it..

Dont need a serious cpu o`c for gaming....
    I was running 4.8 for a good while then dropped it down to 4.4...ended up 8-10c cooler(cpu) and no drop in gaming performance..

good luck with your new gpu.... keep us posted once you start to tweak it..

Will do, now I just need better monitor as the one I am using now is just silly, considering my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

That's very good considering my highest was 79xx. That's with a very heavily OCed 580. Me wants 780.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Serephucus wrote: »
    That's very good considering my highest was 79xx. That's with a very heavily OCed 580. Me wants 780.
    just one 580?!

It is, yeah. I'd post a screenshot, but I never saved an original, and my motherboard is screwing up at the moment, so I've had to reduce my CPU and GPU clocks (GPU will be going in for RMA - again - next week).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

690 info released

CUDA Cores 3072
    Base Clock 915 MHz
    Boost Clock 1019 MHz
    Memory Configuration 4GB / 512-bit GDDR5
    Memory Speed 6.0 Gbps
    Power Connectors 8-pin + 8-pin
    TDP 300W
    Outputs 3x DL-DVI
    Mini-DisplayPort 1.2
    Bus Interface PCI Express 3.0

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/article-keynote/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Toms Hardware as well.

Looks excellent and a gorgeous looking card to boot. Cant wait to see a few reviews..

690 info released

CUDA Cores 3072
    Base Clock 915 MHz
    Boost Clock 1019 MHz
    Memory Configuration 4GB / 512-bit GDDR5
    Memory Speed 6.0 Gbps
    Power Connectors 8-pin + 8-pin
    TDP 300W
    Outputs 3x DL-DVI
    Mini-DisplayPort 1.2
    Bus Interface PCI Express 3.0

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/article-keynote/

999$ WOW :eek:

thx, ill just get 2x680 so or 2x7970...

very interesting thing btw - no hdmi... this is weird!

its good to see they haven't down clocked it too severely. now how long for the 7990?

SH, 2x680's is $1000, so cudos to nvidia for not charging a premium for the 690. Although the 680 is over priced as far as the profit margin nvidia is making odd it.

I'm still interested in seeing this mythical 685/780. Supposed to have around 2.3K CUDA cores, 6+8-pin power, and cost $750. Would fit right into the bracket they seem to be missing at present.

with the spec of the 690, I'd guess that it'll be a long time before we see this 780, because it'll be 95% of the performance, but cooler, quieter, much cheaper and likely to OC quite allot more.

that's a **** load of cuda cores. I'd put money on it that within 2 more generations, you're CPU will shut down during less intensive tasks and the workload moved onto the GPU.

Well it is and it isn't. There are a lot of them, but they seem to be less powerful than Fermi cores, but yeah, I see your point.

Intel trying to offload idle work to CPU
    NVIDIA trying to offload idle work to GPU

I don't want a broken computer when both say to the other "Fine! You take it!".

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    its good to see they haven't down clocked it too severely. now how long for the 7990?

SH, 2x680's is $1000, so cudos to nvidia for not charging a premium for the 690. Although the 680 is over priced as far as the profit margin nvidia is making odd it.
    Thing is with 2x 7970 or 2x680 you will get proper cooling amd performance. Where these 2 gpu monsters have huge problems with heat, you know yourself m8.

Dunno 1000$ is way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It would be interesting to see if the Fermi cuda cores of the 590/580 are still better for mercury engine processing compared to the more but less powerful 690.

Thing is with 2x 7970 or 2x680 you will get proper cooling amd performance. Where these 2 gpu monsters have huge problems with heat, you know yourself m8.

Dunno 1000$ is way too much.
    I know very well :D but these run a lot cooler than last gen. that's why I was commenting on the clocks. the 590 reference clock was 607Mhz :eek:

it also won't be too hot, as its got a max tdp of 300W, my 6990 draws close to 450W with it's OC profile.

I'm avoiding CFX/SLI on 2 boards in the future where possible, as it can be a nightmare to upgrade. at least 6990 leaves 3 upgrade paths, (6970 trifire, 6990 quad, or sell it easily as its a highly desirable GPU still)

• Advertisement

the cheapest 690 is going to cost £800 on OCUK according to gibbo:

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21792646&postcount=59

and lands on the 3rd of may.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the cheapest 690 is going to cost £800 on OCUK according to gibbo:

forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21792646&postcount=59

and lands on the 3rd of may.

so 1k eu... and thats when we said pc gaming became affordable :D

690.....i gotta have one:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If this finally turns out to be a dual GPU card that has less driver issues than two separate cards (micro stutter, tearing etc.), I would say its a ****in bargain at €1k.:) In fairness, that's down to driver support at the end of the day.

Like the three DVI outs as well, its a great one box solution for a surround setup.

Advertisement