Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada: IEC 2012 Processing Time Nightmare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

fc04 wrote: »
    The problem with the payments is that the reference changes when it enters the embassies account, this happens sometimes and it happened with my payment so even if you send a screenshot they cant match it.
    This was explained to me by aib. Get onto your bank and ask them for the reference exactly as it entered the embassies account.

hmmm ok I'll look into that!! What a pain in the ass!! Am I asking AIB for this information or my bank in Canada from which I sent the money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

emfd wrote: »
    I've checked with the bank & everything is correct including the reference to appear on the Canadian Embassy account. I paid mine & my boyfriends the same way on the same day, he has confirmation but I don't! :(

Maybe just bad luck for you, they are terrible with timescale anyway im sure you'll hear soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

lindzation wrote: »
    hmmm ok I'll look into that!! What a pain in the ass!! Am I asking AIB for this information or my bank in Canada from which I sent the money?

Your bank i would say.Have you e-mailed the iec?
    I did about 8 times and a few days after my 12 days were up they got back to me asking for details of the payment as it entered their account.

fc04 wrote: »
    Your bank i would say.Have you e-mailed the iec?
    I did about 8 times and a few days after my 12 days were up they got back to me asking for details of the payment as it entered their account.

After a bit of headache - we got to the right person at AIB and he sent us a screenshot of the payment (probably the same guy jaysuz got.. super helpful) Everything looks perfect (WTN is on there and is right) as far as I can tell so I'd say it's just them being behind again..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Hey, Glad to hear that! =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

This appeared on the IEC site today :(
    Update on processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

jjbrien wrote: »
    This appeared on the IEC site today :(
    Update on processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

Thats been there for a while sadly..

jaysuz wrote: »
    Hey, Glad to hear that! =)

:D

Got passed onto the final stage today!! If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

Timeline:

Application sent: January 31
    Confirmation of Receipt: March 8
    Payment Request: April 2
    Paid: April 2
    Sent to final stage: April 13

Congrats! Well done and best of luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Okay so if people where applying at the end of this month do you think it would be back for september?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

I'm getting pretty worried now... paid my fee on Apr 2nd & I emailed my IMM1295 on Apr 3rd but I haven't heard anything since... should I email them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

I'm getting pretty worried now... paid my fee on Apr 2nd & I emailed my IMM1295 on Apr 3rd but I haven't heard anything since... should I email them?

Take a picture of the details on the receipt you got from the bank and attach it to the e-mail. Tell them you haven't got a receipt of payment.

Take a picture of the details on the receipt you got from the bank and attach it to the e-mail. Tell them you haven't got a receipt of payment.

I made the payment through internet banking so I dont have a receipt. Who would I email in the embassy?

I made the payment through internet banking so I dont have a receipt. Who would I email in the embassy?

E-mail the general e-mail, though you might be waiting ages for a reply, I sent a couple of e-mails.

E-mail the general e-mail, though you might be waiting ages for a reply, I sent a couple of e-mails.

What email address do I send it to? The whole process is so long.. their timeframes are ridiculous! :(

If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

T[/B]
    Spot on girl! :-) Keep me posted, hopefully it won't take much longer! All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 summerstorm

Got passed onto the final stage today!! If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

Timeline:

Application sent: January 31
    Confirmation of Receipt: March 8
    Payment Request: April 2
    Paid: April 2
    Sent to final stage: April 13

Ok well if it helps anyone, this was my timeline...

Application Sent: Feb 6
    Confirmation of receipt: Feb 27
    Payment Request: March 31
    Paid and sent form: 2 April
    Sent to final stage: Today 16 April.

Could anyone that has got the elusive "Letter of Introduction" tell me how long this second phase takes? The second phase email says to allow 6 weeks! :confused:

Spot on girl! :-) Keep me posted, hopefully it won't take much longer! All the best!

You got it? yay! Yes fingers crossed it won't be much longer now!!

Yes moved to the final stage last Monday! Were almost there =)

• Advertisement

Yes moved to the final stage last Monday! Were almost there =)

the suspense is killing me! haha :D

Tell me about it! Got 13 days left on this permit, how about yourselves?

9 days...

14! Expires May 4th! Stressful! We also booked a vacation to Mexico leaving on the 4th.. thought it'd be a good excuse to get away since my boyfriend has to leave the country anyway.. hopefully it comes through in time!

9 days...

stress!!! :(

stress!!! :(

Yup...Got the medical e-mail 9 days ago, so I'm just hoping I hear something in the next few days, very stressful!

• Advertisement

Yup...Got the medical e-mail 9 days ago, so I'm just hoping I hear something in the next few days, very stressful!

When were you passed on to the second stage?

When were you passed on to the second stage?

After the issues with payment and everything were sorted I got an e-mail March 29th saying it had been passed to CIC.

After the issues with payment and everything were sorted I got an e-mail March 29th saying it had been passed to CIC.

Aww, it should be any day now then! I'm sure it's frustrating seeing people who were passed on the same time as you getting theirs and you are still waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I booked a flight home in June for a holiday in Ireland when I sent my app off in January, at this stage it'll be touch and go whether I have acceptance by then (not going to go unless I have it)

pain in the arse

Are you applying for a visitor visa change or just hoping for the best?

• Advertisement

It's looking like a trip down to the border to do a u-turn. I'll get a visitor visa and sit tight till the loi comes through. What's your plan?

It's looking like a trip down to the border to do a u-turn. I'll get a visitor visa and sit tight till the loi comes through. What's your plan?

Well I was thinking originally that we would go to Mexico and hopefully have it by the time we got back - and if not hope to god they would give my boyfriend a visitor visa.. but some people at work have now said there's a possibility they wouldn't let him leave without having a guaranteed back in.. so not sure what the hell to do now!

I'm sure if he brought his last letter from the iec with him to show he's in the final stage he should be ok?? Along with a bank statement? If anyone else has done this please let us know here. Does yours expire long after his?

Big sigh of relief tonight, with less than a week left on this visa I just got approved for the new one. Here's my timeline if anyone is interested.

Mailed application first week of January.
    Jan 16th -Delivered to IEC office (according to post tracking receipt)
    Feb 9 - Notice of receipt
    Mar 6 - Conditionally Accepted (paid this day from Canada)
    Mar 9 - Sent PDF
    Mar 28 - E-mail saying they found payment (after e-mailing them 8 or 9 times about it)
    Mar - 29 - 2nd stage letter
    Apr 4 - E-mail saying I never sent the PDF (even though I did)
    Apr 11 - Medical e-mail
    Apr 23 - Approved

Best of luck to everyone, hope it all works out!

I'm sure if he brought his last letter from the iec with him to show he's in the final stage he should be ok?? Along with a bank statement? If anyone else has done this please let us know here. Does yours expire long after his?

Well that's what I thought when I booked it but now I'm a bit freaked out! Guess it would depend on the immigration officer. I'm actually Canadian so I only have to stress about his! Yes some advice would be good.. hopefully we just don't have to deal with it!

Big sigh of relief tonight, with less than a week left on this visa I just got approved for the new one. Here's my timeline if anyone is interested.

Mailed application first week of January.
    Jan 16th -Delivered to IEC office (according to post tracking receipt)
    Feb 9 - Notice of receipt
    Mar 6 - Conditionally Accepted (paid this day from Canada)
    Mar 9 - Sent PDF
    Mar 28 - E-mail saying they found payment (after e-mailing them 8 or 9 times about it)
    Mar - 29 - 2nd stage letter
    Apr 4 - E-mail saying I never sent the PDF (even though I did)
    Apr 11 - Medical e-mail
    Apr 23 - Approved

Best of luck to everyone, hope it all works out!

Oh yay!! Very happy for you, just in time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

Hi,

I wondering about the IEC payment issues that seem to have been happening. I paid for my visa on the 3rd of April and have heard absolutely nothing since. I’m in Van at the moment and have to fly home on the 6th May for 2 weeks. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Hi,

I wondering about the IEC payment issues that seem to have been happening. I paid for my visa on the 3rd of April and have heard absolutely nothing since. I’m in Van at the moment and have to fly home on the 6th May for 2 weeks. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

@Swingingdoor

I was in the same position as you, I paid on April 2nd, heard nothing for three weeks & this morning my LOI was in my email! I'd say you'll be sorted in the next few days! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

@Swingingdoor

I was in the same position as you, I paid on April 2nd, heard nothing for three weeks & this morning my LOI was in my email! I'd say you'll be sorted in the next few days! Best of luck!

Sweet! So you actually got no updates that your visa had been passed on to the second ophase or anything?

Thanks for your reply btw

@Swingingdoor

Sweet! So you actually got no updates that your visa had been passed on to the second ophase or anything?

Thanks for your reply btw
    @Swingingdoor

I paid on Apr 2nd & since then received no email or update about being passed onto phase two! The outta the blue today I received the LOI! They must have missed that step confirming payment! I'd say that's what happened with yours too! Hopefully you'll have it any day now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I think the processing times are speeding up since the start of the year due to less traffic. I posted my application and got a receipt the week after.

That's not to say its all gonna be smooth sailing from here but it doesn't seem as bad as ones posted earlier in the year

Finally, my loi landed yesterday evening. Here is my time frame,

Sent to London Feb 6
    Received March 16th
    Conditional acceptance/Payment email April 3rd
    Payment Sent April 3rd
    Moved to 2nd stage April 16th
    Loi April 27th

I'm very grateful for all the advice I got here and I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck with their applications and your future in Canada! B-)

Finally, my loi landed yesterday evening. Here is my time frame,

Sent to London Feb 6
    Received March 16th
    Conditional acceptance/Payment email April 3rd
    Payment Sent April 3rd
    Moved to 2nd stage April 16th
    Loi April 27th

I'm very grateful for all the advice I got here and I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck with their applications and your future in Canada! B-)

My boyfriend got his last night! Delighted! Congrats to you :)

Timeline:

Sent: jan 31
    NOR: March 8
    Payment request: April 2
    paid: April 2(from Canada TD)
    Sent to CIC: April 13
    LOI: April 27 at just after 6pm MST

YAY!

Well lads and ladies, I finally got my LOI on thursday!
    So here's my timeline:

Application Sent: Feb 6
    Confirmation of receipt: Feb 27
    Payment Request: March 31
    Paid and sent form: 2 April
    Sent to final stage: 16 April.
    LOI : 26 April

Job done!! Best of luck to you all
    :D in Canada this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Anyone had to get called for a medical???? I got my conditional acceptance on 17th of April but still no word on taking a medical???

Nope never called for a medical. I just submitted the medical form and ticked no on the bottom and that was the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Anyone had to get called for a medical???? I got my conditional acceptance on 17th of April but still no word on taking a medical???

You only have to do that if you're going in to a specific line of work. Like nursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

You only have to do that if you're going in to a specific line of work. Like nursing.

See this I Know, I ticked the box to confirm I needed a medical done but still no word on were it will take place. Ive paid the funds and got the conditional acceptance...Starting to think they've messed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

Got my request of payment today, a week after confirmation of receipt! Payed and emailed the IMM1295 along with proof of payment ( scanned in receipt and wrote my WTN on it too). Got a confirmation that they received my email, Im wondering though how do I make 100% sure they get their money? Will they notifiy me if they havent got it before the 12 days are up or will they notify me that they have got it before the 12 days are up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

laura1990 wrote: »
    Got my request of payment today, a week after confirmation of receipt! Payed and emailed the IMM1295 along with proof of payment ( scanned in receipt and wrote my WTN on it too). Got a confirmation that they received my email, Im wondering though how do I make 100% sure they get their money? Will they notifiy me if they havent got it before the 12 days are up or will they notify me that they have got it before the 12 days are up?

No1 can answer that I'm afraid, if you read the related threads here you'll see that some people get acknowledgement of payment after 2 days of making it and others have been waiting anything up to 6 weeks without hearing if they have recived it or not!

Advertisement