Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Processing Time Nightmare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 soundofsounds

Hey guys,

I got my notice of receipt on the 27th of March. They said they would get back to me within two weeks whcih would have been the 10th of April. I've still to receive anything from them? Is this common this year? Also, who could I follow up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

jaysuz wrote: »
    @ lindzation.. I called the AIB on 01 6713011. Explained that I needed conformation that they got my transfer and I had a complete b@tch barking at me that "they couldn't give me that info" before I even finished explaining. So I asked politely to speak to her manager and got my full speel in, she then put me through to International transfers. The guy was really nice, said he had found my payment and called back my full wtn number which was correct. I kindly asked him if he could email me confirmation and I was shocked that he sent me a full screenshot with all the wire details displayed. I sent this onto the IEC to assist them with matching my payment with my application. Hope this helps and keep the feedback coming! Best of luck!

hey there,

Thanks for that - that's brilliant. I'm assuming you did a wire transfer from a Canadian bank like us? (TD for us) I'm going to have my boyfriend call in the morning if we still haven't heard anything as our deadline is Saturday..
    Assuming you haven't heard anything yet? Doesn't look like anyone has.. le sigh! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jaysuz

Hi,

I done the wire transfer from the cibc in Canada. I also got in touch with the Aib guy once more and got him to email the screenshot directly to the iec confirming my payment and the amount. No word since but I'm pretty sure they'll find it. Keep me posted!

Hi,

I done the wire transfer from the cibc in Canada. I also got in touch with the Aib guy once more and got him to email the screenshot directly to the iec confirming my payment and the amount. No word since but I'm pretty sure they'll find it. Keep me posted!

They better!! What more could you do! I'll let you know how we go..

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hey guys,

I got my notice of receipt on the 27th of March. They said they would get back to me within two weeks whcih would have been the 10th of April. I've still to receive anything from them? Is this common this year? Also, who could I follow up with?

Have you not had a gander at this thread at all?

Two weeks waiting is nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 emfd

Hi all, I am new to Boards.ie but I have been reading some comments about this process as I am in the middle of it too, what a nightmare! I got my first email on Feb 27th to say they had received my application & I would hear something within two weeks. Five weeks later on Apr 2nd I received the payment request email & I paid the same day. I havent heard anything since and the email states that I must have made payment by Apr 14th. My boyfriend received his payment request email on Apr 1st, made payment on Apr 2nd & received a confirmation email on Apr 4th. I am getting worried now.. is it normal that 10 days later I still have no email?

emfd wrote: »
    Hi all, I am new to Boards.ie but I have been reading some comments about this process as I am in the middle of it too, what a nightmare! I got my first email on Feb 27th to say they had received my application & I would hear something within two weeks. Five weeks later on Apr 2nd I received the payment request email & I paid the same day. I havent heard anything since and the email states that I must have made payment by Apr 14th. My boyfriend received his payment request email on Apr 1st, made payment on Apr 2nd & received a confirmation email on Apr 4th. I am getting worried now.. is it normal that 10 days later I still have no email?

No idea.. my boyfriend is in the exact same boat as you! Paid on april 2 and Deadline is saturday - nothing yet! :(

lindzation wrote: »

No idea.. my boyfriend is in the exact same boat as you! Paid on april 2 and Deadline is saturday - nothing yet! :(

I hope we hear something soon. I have flights booked for early June & I also need to hand in notice in work & I don't want to do that yet if there is still a chance it may be rejected! The whole process is a nightmare! I'm sick of checking my emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

The problem with the payments is that the reference changes when it enters the embassies account, this happens sometimes and it happened with my payment so even if you send a screenshot they cant match it.
    This was explained to me by aib. Get onto your bank and ask them for the reference exactly as it entered the embassies account.

fc04 wrote: »

The problem with the payments is that the reference changes when it enters the embassies account, this happens sometimes and it happened with my payment so even if you send a screenshot they cant match it.
    This was explained to me by aib. Get onto your bank and ask them for the reference exactly as it entered the embassies account.

I've checked with the bank & everything is correct including the reference to appear on the Canadian Embassy account. I paid mine & my boyfriends the same way on the same day, he has confirmation but I don't! :(

• Advertisement

hmmm ok I'll look into that!! What a pain in the ass!! Am I asking AIB for this information or my bank in Canada from which I sent the money?

I've checked with the bank & everything is correct including the reference to appear on the Canadian Embassy account. I paid mine & my boyfriends the same way on the same day, he has confirmation but I don't! :(

Maybe just bad luck for you, they are terrible with timescale anyway im sure you'll hear soon.

hmmm ok I'll look into that!! What a pain in the ass!! Am I asking AIB for this information or my bank in Canada from which I sent the money?

Your bank i would say.Have you e-mailed the iec?
    I did about 8 times and a few days after my 12 days were up they got back to me asking for details of the payment as it entered their account.

Your bank i would say.Have you e-mailed the iec?
    I did about 8 times and a few days after my 12 days were up they got back to me asking for details of the payment as it entered their account.

After a bit of headache - we got to the right person at AIB and he sent us a screenshot of the payment (probably the same guy jaysuz got.. super helpful) Everything looks perfect (WTN is on there and is right) as far as I can tell so I'd say it's just them being behind again..

Hey, Glad to hear that! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

This appeared on the IEC site today :(
    Update on processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

jjbrien wrote: »
    This appeared on the IEC site today :(
    Update on processing times and service standards:
    Due to an unprecedented volume of applications being received at the onset of the 2012 IEC initiative, we are currently experiencing difficulty in adhering to our service standards to process applications in eight weeks. We wish to advise our applicants that some delays in processing your application are possible, and that we will continue to endeavour to process applications as quickly as possible over the next few weeks.

Thats been there for a while sadly..

Hey, Glad to hear that! =)

:D

Got passed onto the final stage today!! If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

Timeline:

Application sent: January 31
    Confirmation of Receipt: March 8
    Payment Request: April 2
    Paid: April 2
    Sent to final stage: April 13

Congrats! Well done and best of luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Okay so if people where applying at the end of this month do you think it would be back for september?

• Advertisement

I'm getting pretty worried now... paid my fee on Apr 2nd & I emailed my IMM1295 on Apr 3rd but I haven't heard anything since... should I email them?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

I'm getting pretty worried now... paid my fee on Apr 2nd & I emailed my IMM1295 on Apr 3rd but I haven't heard anything since... should I email them?

Take a picture of the details on the receipt you got from the bank and attach it to the e-mail. Tell them you haven't got a receipt of payment.

Take a picture of the details on the receipt you got from the bank and attach it to the e-mail. Tell them you haven't got a receipt of payment.

I made the payment through internet banking so I dont have a receipt. Who would I email in the embassy?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

I made the payment through internet banking so I dont have a receipt. Who would I email in the embassy?

E-mail the general e-mail, though you might be waiting ages for a reply, I sent a couple of e-mails.

E-mail the general e-mail, though you might be waiting ages for a reply, I sent a couple of e-mails.

What email address do I send it to? The whole process is so long.. their timeframes are ridiculous! :(

If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

T[/B]
    Spot on girl! :-) Keep me posted, hopefully it won't take much longer! All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 summerstorm

Got passed onto the final stage today!! If you haven't got yours today as well I'd say you'll get it Monday! :)

Timeline:

Application sent: January 31
    Confirmation of Receipt: March 8
    Payment Request: April 2
    Paid: April 2
    Sent to final stage: April 13

Ok well if it helps anyone, this was my timeline...

Application Sent: Feb 6
    Confirmation of receipt: Feb 27
    Payment Request: March 31
    Paid and sent form: 2 April
    Sent to final stage: Today 16 April.

Could anyone that has got the elusive "Letter of Introduction" tell me how long this second phase takes? The second phase email says to allow 6 weeks! :confused:

Spot on girl! :-) Keep me posted, hopefully it won't take much longer! All the best!

You got it? yay! Yes fingers crossed it won't be much longer now!!

Yes moved to the final stage last Monday! Were almost there =)

• Advertisement

Yes moved to the final stage last Monday! Were almost there =)

the suspense is killing me! haha :D

Advertisement