Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Processing Time Nightmare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

That's what I'm hoping for.I suppose this late in the game, no news is as good as a confirmation of passing on to the next stage(I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Sheppy90 wrote: »
    Still nothing. Does anyone who has crossed the border without the visa do you just say your waiting for WHC IEC visa or just say your visiting?

It's a tough one. If you say you're just visiting they might expect to see proof that you're leaving the country within 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

It's a tough one. If you say you're just visiting they might expect to see proof that you're leaving the country within 6 months

You have to have a return flight booked within 6mths and proof of funds to support yourself for those months.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

I also got my confirmation of receipt on 25th April and I haven't heard anything since so it's Obviousely just the delays.

There are delays at every set of the process. Dont worry, just be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mizty1010

Hey,

My application was sent off to the final approval stage on May 9th, just wondering if anyone has any idea how long their taking to process as I'm flying out end of June!

Also I noticed no the site that only 500 IEC visa's remain! Any idea when they'll all run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

mizty1010 wrote: »
    Hey,

My application was sent off to the final approval stage on May 9th, just wondering if anyone has any idea how long their taking to process as I'm flying out end of June!

Also I noticed no the site that only 500 IEC visa's remain! Any idea when they'll all run out?

When they receive another 500 in the post. Your guess is as good as anyone's!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

After you pass on to the final stage what comes next and does anyone know roughly how longthis part is taking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sheppy90

laura1990 wrote: »

You have to have a return flight booked within 6mths and proof of funds to support yourself for those months.

Ouch!
    I fly Saturday and have only bought a bus ticket into the states. I figured im just going to say im waiting for the visa but if I don't get it I'll travel around the states for a bit.

*fingers crossed*

After you pass on to the final stage what comes next and does anyone know roughly how longthis part is taking??

No one really knows what criteria is in the second stage.

my friend got her recepit of payment on the 4th and got her LOI this morning so thats 11 days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Paid on the 3rd of may,no specific confirmation of payment but did get the email saying im into the CIC phase,so everything going smoothly(and judging by some of the most recent timelines posted)I'll hopefully hear something within 2/3 weeks. Tbh the suspense is killing me at this stage!
    Anyway,cheers to everyone out there for all the support and advice given and the best of luck to all of us still frettin!

The email saying you're through to the CIC should have confirmation of payment in it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newoo

I was put through to the second stage 12 days ago and got approval this morning.... It seems to vary alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fishmad1234

I also got my confirmation of receipt on 25th April and I haven't heard anything since so it's Obviousely just the delays.
    oh thats making me feel a bit better so if you got the email on the 25 th of april and have not heard anything since we are in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sheppy90

skreepers wrote: »
    OMG this is actually doing my head in. For anyone who doesn't know my story so far:

I sent away full application 27/04/2012 but filled in form IMM1925 by hand instead of validating it online. Realised this the day after i sent it so sent it out with a letter saying how grateful i'd be if they could link it up with my original application.

Few days after, I receive my email of receipt with my WTN on it. I then decide it might be a good idea to send the validated form again, including my reference number in order to make it more easier to connect it to my application.

Anyway, on Friday I receive back the first validated one I sent, with an extra letter saying can you please submit the full application, we have sent your first part back. Well that was on Friday and they haven't sent my first part back. They still have the second one I sent with the WTN on it.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I got my email of receipt and they said they would let me know by email within 2 weeks if i was successful or not...do they normally get back within 2 weeks or is it usually longer?

I mean do you think my original application has been sent back to me and has been lost in the post or something (which means the whole thing is ruined)?

Best case scenario they've still got my original application, attached my validated form with it using my WTN number and I get an email this week requesting payment.

So disheartened by this whole damn thing it is such a nuisance, it should all be online like the australian one to make things a hell of a lot easier for everyone.

Any ideas or advice on what the next stage might be for me? really appreciate responses!

also, it's called a World Tracking Number..so is there somewhere where I can enter in my WTN and find out what the status is on my application? THANKS

It sounds to me like your first application has gone through for inspection but may / may not go through to second phase with it not being validated.

I sent in my application but forgot to sign one page and I got the letter of receipt saying id hear within the 2 weeks and about a month later I got an email saying my application was incomplete (because I didn't sign a page) and they sent it all back and had to start again.

Hope that made sense but fingers crossed it goes through for you. It's certainly not uncommon to wait more than how long they've quoted for; it's more the norm this year.

So basically if it comes back just swap the non validated form for the validated one and post it back.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

Here's my (nightmarish) timeline:

Application sent: 11th January
    Notice of Receipt: 15th Feb
    Conditional Acceptance: 6th March
    Fee Paid/IMM1295 sent: 12th March

And that's it! No contact from them at all since then. They haven't confirmed they got my payment even though I've checked with the bank that they got it and emailed them a letter from the bank with all the details.

It's 10 weeks today since I paid. All I can do is keep emailing them but they never respond. Surely if it was rejected (and I'm fairly certain I did everything right, USIT approved etc) or there was a problem they would have notified me by now? I am beyond panicked.

I'm thinking I should just travel to Canada and wait for some info there. If I have a return flight and proof of funds it should be ok to go in as a visitor right? I was just wondering if any of you have done this, what kind of questions are you asked at immigration? Should I tell them I'm waiting on confirmation for a WHV or just say I'm going for a holiday? I'd rather be straight with them but I don't know on what grounds they'd reject me.

And advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

Ash_Mag wrote: »

And that's it! No contact from them at all since then. They haven't confirmed they got my payment even though I've checked with the bank that they got it and emailed them a letter from the bank with all the details.

It's 10 weeks today since I paid. All I can do is keep emailing them but they never respond. Surely if it was rejected (and I'm fairly certain I did everything right, USIT approved etc) or there was a problem they would have notified me by now? I am beyond panicked.

I'm thinking I should just travel to Canada and wait for some info there. If I have a return flight and proof of funds it should be ok to go in as a visitor right? I was just wondering if any of you have done this, what kind of questions are you asked at immigration? Should I tell them I'm waiting on confirmation for a WHV or just say I'm going for a holiday? I'd rather be straight with them but I don't know on what grounds they'd reject me.

WOw im exact same as you.. I paid 15th Mar and not a word since.. i had same issue with bank, they left last few numbers off ref number. Ive emailed them all this too and USIT just tell me to email embassy but they can take 6weeks to reply to u!!! Ive had to change flights loads with USIT so f**kin expensive n they leave u on hold for ages... I was suppossed to go today but changed flights again til 2nd week in june.. I wanted to just go over too n wait but got freaked out n case i dont get anythin at all n get stuck with no money.. If I hear anythin before my next flights im just gona go too... Let me kno if u hear anything either!!

Because you'ld be going in as a tourist you'll have to have a return flight leaving within 6 months.

The only thing I can think of is you put the reference number in wrong.

Did you pay in the bank or did you do it online? did you leave the dashes of the WTN in the reference or did you take them out?

nms wrote: »
    WOw im exact same as you.. I paid 15th Mar and not a word since.. i had same issue with bank, they left last few numbers off ref number. Ive emailed them all this too and USIT just tell me to email embassy but they can take 6weeks to reply to u!!! Ive had to change flights loads with USIT so f**kin expensive n they leave u on hold for ages... I was suppossed to go today but changed flights again til 2nd week in june.. I wanted to just go over too n wait but got freaked out n case i dont get anythin at all n get stuck with no money.. If I hear anythin before my next flights im just gona go too... Let me kno if u hear anything either!!

I had the same. After weeks of hearing nothing I contacted the bank and that's when I found out that AIB took the last few digits off the reference number. I got AIB to give me a letter stating what went wrong and what the reference number now appears as in the Embassy account. Now it's been 10 weeks and still no contact so I rang AIB today to make sure and it turns out they made a mistake with the reference in the letter as well! I'd say it would be worthwhile to double check with your bank too.

This is AIB's fault but still there's no excuse for the IEC to ignore weeks worth of emails. It would all have been sorted out weeks ago with a simple "We don't have a payment with that reference on it." I wish this would just go smoothly :( Good luck! let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Because you'ld be going in as a tourist you'll have to have a return flight leaving within 6 months.

The only thing I can think of is you put the reference number in wrong.

Did you pay in the bank or did you do it online? did you leave the dashes of the WTN in the reference or did you take them out?
    Thanks for the advice. I paid at a bank kiosk and AIB messed up my WTN in the reference part after I put it in correctly. But that was 10 weeks ago and I've been trying to correct it since I figured it out. Hoping it will get sorted eventually. If only the IEC would respond to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I had the same. After weeks of hearing nothing I contacted the bank and that's when I found out that AIB took the last few digits off the reference number. I got AIB to give me a letter stating what went wrong and what the reference number now appears as in the Embassy account. Now it's been 10 weeks and still no contact so I rang AIB today to make sure and it turns out they made a mistake with the reference in the letter as well! I'd say it would be worthwhile to double check with your bank too.

This is AIB's fault but still there's no excuse for the IEC to ignore weeks worth of emails. It would all have been sorted out weeks ago with a simple "We don't have a payment with that reference on it." I wish this would just go smoothly :( Good luck! let me know how you get on.

It doesn't surprise me that the most incompetent bunch of fools you have to deal with to get a working visa would choose the worst bank in Ireland (besides Anglo Irish Bank) to have their account with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

skreepers wrote: »

Hi Guys!

UPDATE! I got an email today, 22nd may requesting payment, saying I've been conditionally accepted!!!!! :D SOSOSOSO happy!

Can someone please read my situation in the post I've quoted and tell me if I could still get rejected at the next stage for this reason??

They obviously accepted the second letter i sent them with my WTN number on it!!

Let me know please!! so happy to be through to this stage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

Quick question. After you payment was made the only email I recieved was an email to say it was sent on to CIC. Is this confirmation of payment, or is there another email to confirm that payment has been recieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

Wardie23 wrote: »
    Quick question. After you payment was made the only email I recieved was an email to say it was sent on to CIC. Is this confirmation of payment, or is there another email to confirm that payment has been recieved?

Same as myself, and yes it means they got your money ;)
    Now we just wait

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Wardie23

Hopefully hear back soon so. Fly out in 2 weeks exactly, and one of the lads who has been in the same time frame as me (we got Conditional offer, Payment Requested, Passed on to CIC exactly the same das) and both of us paid through AIB on the same day, got his LOI on Saturday morning. Bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

I applied in January too, and payed on March 10th. My friend did similar, maybe a few days earlier and neither of us have heard a thing from the IEC yet. However, we are both already in Canada and contacted our local MP here, and his emigration person managed to get a hold of someone at the visa office. Supposedly our visas had been approved long ago, but we never received an email about it. I know of another person also from the same period who has had the same problem, so I think there must have been some issue around this time.

I think there is a chance that you visa has been approved already, but you never received the email. I still have not, but supposedly it is approved. I woould do whatever I can to somehow get through to the visa office if you can. Perhaps contact your local TD? They rarely answer emails, so it is near impossible to get through to them yourself.

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I applied in January too, and payed on March 10th. My friend did similar, maybe a few days earlier and neither of us have heard a thing from the IEC yet. However, we are both already in Canada and contacted our local MP here, and his emigration person managed to get a hold of someone at the visa office. Supposedly our visas had been approved long ago, but we never received an email about it. I know of another person also from the same period who has had the same problem, so I think there must have been some issue around this time.

I think there is a chance that you visa has been approved already, but you never received the email. I still have not, but supposedly it is approved. I woould do whatever I can to somehow get through to the visa office if you can. Perhaps contact your local TD? They rarely answer emails, so it is near impossible to get through to them yourself.
    That's interesting. So once you found out they didn't email it to you again? Have you activated your permit yet?

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 number11

Hey all, this IEC processing time thing is beginning to drive me mad i think. here's my situation if anyone has any advice or could shed some light i would be really greatful.
    I am currently in Canada on my first IEC which expires 11th of June 2012. I have applied for my second year and did receive an email saying that I have been provisionally accepted and that it has been passed onto Visa and Immigration. I received that email on the 15th of May. they said I would hear back within six weekd.
    My main problem is that I am currently working in Canada. If, and hopefully not, that I do not receive my new LOI before my current one expires, should I try to change my status to visitor and wait til it arrives and tell my company that I cannot work until it arrives or should i change my status to visitor and continue working or is that way too risky?? i don't think my boss would be too impressed if i have to take time off seen as i told him that i am currently okay to work in Canada when he hired me.

Getting away too stressful at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

Cant believe it just got e.mail from CIC that im onto next phase..Thank god...!!! U should get it now soon since our dates are similar..Keep me posted... This is my first e.mail since payment was requested 14thMarch!!!

Advertisement