Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Processing Time Nightmare

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

nms wrote: »
    Cant believe it just got e.mail from CIC that im onto next phase..Thank god...!!! U should get it now soon since our dates are similar..Keep me posted... This is my first e.mail since payment was requested 14thMarch!!!

Congrats! I'm feeling hopeful now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I applied in January too, and payed on March 10th. My friend did similar, maybe a few days earlier and neither of us have heard a thing from the IEC yet. However, we are both already in Canada and contacted our local MP here, and his emigration person managed to get a hold of someone at the visa office. Supposedly our visas had been approved long ago, but we never received an email about it. I know of another person also from the same period who has had the same problem, so I think there must have been some issue around this time.

I think there is a chance that you visa has been approved already, but you never received the email. I still have not, but supposedly it is approved. I woould do whatever I can to somehow get through to the visa office if you can. Perhaps contact your local TD? They rarely answer emails, so it is near impossible to get through to them yourself.

I've heard of so many people with the same problem with me being in the same situation. i paid april 10th and still no word. Beginning to loose hope. was it easy to get in touch with the local mp. Im in vancouver and pulling my hair out waiting on the visa

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

number11 wrote: »
    Hey all, this IEC processing time thing is beginning to drive me mad i think. here's my situation if anyone has any advice or could shed some light i would be really greatful.
    I am currently in Canada on my first IEC which expires 11th of June 2012. I have applied for my second year and did receive an email saying that I have been provisionally accepted and that it has been passed onto Visa and Immigration. I received that email on the 15th of May. they said I would hear back within six weekd.
    My main problem is that I am currently working in Canada. If, and hopefully not, that I do not receive my new LOI before my current one expires, should I try to change my status to visitor and wait til it arrives and tell my company that I cannot work until it arrives or should i change my status to visitor and continue working or is that way too risky?? i don't think my boss would be too impressed if i have to take time off seen as i told him that i am currently okay to work in Canada when he hired me.

Getting away too stressful at this stage!

If you're already here and your visa is processing you can continue what you're already doing on implied status until a decision is made on your visa. I'm not sure what the process is for your employer but it shouldn't be a problem. My housemate has been on implied status since early April while waiting on his second year IEC, he didn't have to fill out any forms or anything just automatically changed status.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Mag

nms wrote: »
    Cant believe it just got e.mail from CIC that im onto next phase..Thank god...!!! U should get it now soon since our dates are similar..Keep me posted... This is my first e.mail since payment was requested 14thMarch!!!
    Just got the email now! Almost at the end of this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SciencesPo

number11 wrote: »
    Hey all, this IEC processing time thing is beginning to drive me mad i think. here's my situation if anyone has any advice or could shed some light i would be really greatful.
    I am currently in Canada on my first IEC which expires 11th of June 2012. I have applied for my second year and did receive an email saying that I have been provisionally accepted and that it has been passed onto Visa and Immigration. I received that email on the 15th of May. they said I would hear back within six weekd.
    My main problem is that I am currently working in Canada. If, and hopefully not, that I do not receive my new LOI before my current one expires, should I try to change my status to visitor and wait til it arrives and tell my company that I cannot work until it arrives or should i change my status to visitor and continue working or is that way too risky?? i don't think my boss would be too impressed if i have to take time off seen as i told him that i am currently okay to work in Canada when he hired me.

Getting away too stressful at this stage!

Keep your head down and keep working. If worst comes to worst, tell him that you have implicit status. I stopped working voluntarily and it was the silliest thing I ever did. There's no need to. The expiry date on your SIN doesn't mean a thing, given that there are any number of visas out there that you could conceivably apply for and be granted implicit status. Anyway the SIN is used for tax purposes and who's ever heard of the tax man refusing dollars.

If your second visa is coming through anyway, wait till you get the confirmation, validate it at the US border, and off you go. My mate overworked his first WHV for 6 months due to delays last year on him getting a second one, he claimed back every cent of tax he was 'entitled' to this year without a problem.

• Advertisement

Wiggles~ wrote: »
    If you're already here and your visa is processing you can continue what you're already doing on implied status until a decision is made on your visa. I'm not sure what the process is for your employer but it shouldn't be a problem. My housemate has been on implied status since early April while waiting on his second year IEC, he didn't have to fill out any forms or anything just automatically changed status.

That's wrong, I'm afraid (and an all too common misconception). There is no 'implied' status for Working Holiday Visas as they are separate visa programmes, processed at Canadian embassies abroad. They are not comparable to any other Canadian working visa. There is no legal connection between two different years and thus no implied status available, they are very clear about this in the rules online, and when you consult with Canadian immigration officers in person. Your housemate is here illegally if he has not exited and reentered Canada after the expiry of his first WHV. Now, he won't get caught unless he's very silly, of course, but he's living (and I presume working?) here illegally nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

SciencesPo wrote: »
    Keep your head down and keep working. If worst comes to worst, tell him that you have implicit status. I stopped working voluntarily and it was the silliest thing I ever did. There's no need to. The expiry date on your SIN doesn't mean a thing, given that there are any number of visas out there that you could conceivably apply for and be granted implicit status. Anyway the SIN is used for tax purposes and who's ever heard of the tax man refusing dollars.

If your second visa is coming through anyway, wait till you get the confirmation, validate it at the US border, and off you go. My mate overworked his first WHV for 6 months due to delays last year on him getting a second one, he claimed back every cent of tax he was 'entitled' to this year without a problem.
    SciencesPo wrote: »
    That's wrong, I'm afraid (and an all too common misconception). There is no 'implied' status for Working Holiday Visas as they are separate visa programmes, processed at Canadian embassies abroad. They are not comparable to any other Canadian working visa. There is no legal connection between two different years and thus no implied status available, they are very clear about this in the rules online, and when you consult with Canadian immigration officers in person. Your housemate is here illegally if he has not exited and reentered Canada after the expiry of his first WHV. Now, he won't get caught unless he's very silly, of course, but he's living (and I presume working?) here illegally nonetheless.

Kind of conflicting advice no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Down to twelve visas left!anyone received loi recently?

red menace wrote: »
    Kind of conflicting advice no?

Not at all. Keep your head down and there'll be no problem. That doesn't change the fact, though, that there is no legal "implied" status available for Working Holiday Visas. Of course, you'd have to be very silly, or very, very, very unlucky, to get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gracielou

I received my LOI, last weekend. I was thrilled. I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone on boards for all the information and advice posted. I couldn't of gotten through it without ye.

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April
    Second Phase: 11th May
    LOI: 26th May

Just waiting on the boyfs LOI and planning to head over in August to Vancouver.

Might see some of you there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I'm waiting on my LOI but just seen the website and it says there are 0 places left. Does this mean im out of luck?? Have flights booked for wednesday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

I'm waiting on my LOI but just seen the website and it says there are 0 places left. Does this mean im out of luck?? Have flights booked for wednesday week!

No it does not. It's been discussed about 12 times. You contributed to the Deminishing quota once they sent you your WTN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

NoelAPM wrote: »
    No it does not. It's been discussed about 12 times. You contributed to the Deminishing quota once they sent you your WTN number.

Oh right, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭laura1990

gracielou wrote: »
    I received my LOI, last weekend. I was thrilled. I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone on boards for all the information and advice posted. I couldn't of gotten through it without ye.

Here is my timeline.

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April
    Second Phase: 11th May
    LOI: 26th May

Just waiting on the boyfs LOI and planning to head over in August to Vancouver.

Might see some of you there :)

Congrats :D Im still waiting, fingers crossed it'll come soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tia Ni Chlerigh

If anyone else feels the treatment they have received from IEC over Visa applications this year is disgraceful please comment on this article from today's Irish Times and there might be a chance that they will get back to those of us still waiting: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/gene...-visas-filled/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

If anyone else feels the treatment they have received from IEC over Visa applications this year is disgraceful please comment on this article from today's Irish Times and there might be a chance that they will get back to those of us still waiting: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/gene...-visas-filled/

Comments got closed pretty sharpish on that story.
    By the way things get a lot more nightmarish when applying for a proper visa to Canada

Most of the figure I read come up with a figure of 250,000 people a year try to immigrate to Canada, that's a lot of paperwork and a sloooow process for all involved
    You should see the form we had to fill in for an LMO last year and same again this year and it can only be applied for within 3 months of the expiry of the current permit and has a processing time of 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fedupwaiting

Hi there,
    I sent all my forms off January 23rd through go4less and I'm STILL WAITING!!! I got the email saying it was sent to CIC on march 25th. so the 6 weeks will be up on Wednesday :( I've sent emails, I rang the embassy in London and left messages and nothing!!! I'm just so stressed at this stage. Was supposed to go n April, had to postpone (costing €150) then was supposed to go in may, had to pospone again (costing another €150). Now we have flights booked for the end of June. If I have to pospone again I'm just cancelling the flight :( this is ridiculous. Has it taken longer than the 6 weeks for anyone to get the LOI? And has anyone any advise on who to call or what I should do? I'm constantly ringing go4less but they just say to sit tight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pesi2003

Hi there,
    I sent all my forms off January 23rd through go4less and I'm STILL WAITING!!! I got the email saying it was sent to CIC on march 25th. so the 6 weeks will be up on Wednesday :( I've sent emails, I rang the embassy in London and left messages and nothing!!! I'm just so stressed at this stage. Was supposed to go n April, had to postpone (costing €150) then was supposed to go in may, had to pospone again (costing another €150). Now we have flights booked for the end of June. If I have to pospone again I'm just cancelling the flight :( this is ridiculous. Has it taken longer than the 6 weeks for anyone to get the LOI? And has anyone any advise on who to call or what I should do? I'm constantly ringing go4less but they just say to sit tight :mad:

In a simliar boat refered to CIC April 18th.....still waiting, no replies to emails no idea whats going on.....2 friends applied at the same tine got their LOI in april and are now in Canada because waiting for me was riduculas.

It's crazy, I'm too afraid to do anything now I case I'm rejected but as soon as I get the LOI (if I get it at this stage ) I'm writing a very narky letter of complaint to them. They don't realise that we have our lives put on hold waiting for this. I lost 2 potential lodgers for my house because they couldn't wait any longer to move in. I'm just fit to scream waiting.

Got my letter of introduction today :)

My timeline ( i did this on my own not with usit or go4less etc)

-Application sent start of april
    -confirmation of receipt mid april
    -request of payment end of april
    -sent to CIC 11th of may
    -LOI 31st of may

so 8 weeks in total as promised

• Advertisement

Oh congrats. 8 weeks? Lucky you, I'm so jealous. I'm at week 15 at the moment and still nothing :( I just don't get it!!!

Oh congrats. 8 weeks? Lucky you, I'm so jealous. I'm at week 15 at the moment and still nothing :( I just don't get it!!!
    really?? feck sake, what stage are you at, payment or 2nd phase?

I got the email to say it was sent to CIC on April 25th and nothing since. It'll be 6 weeks on Wednesday. I'm really starting to panic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sunnymilo

i applied for 2012 visa for the family and got accepted @ first .sent the fee and then got refused.they dont explain why there refusing but i read after on their website that they made mistakes refusing some people.we havent recieved fee back yet and ive emailed them asking them to look at it again.still no reply ....not sure whether to bother trying 2013

Advertisement