Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of 'Ideal Bikes'

• 14-03-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Spotted a frame that I think was built in Dublin. The brand name is Ideal and it has a 'Ideal Bikes Dublin' sticker on the headtube.

I was wondering had anyone heard of them before or had any background info on the company. Google searching has proved fruitless given the generic name of the company.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

If we are talking about the same Ideal then it's a greek company which is quite popular in Greece and eastern europe I believe. They are alright bikes, but nothing with an wow factor.

That's the official site: http://www.idealbikes.net/?section=1746&language=en_US

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Dave_White

Spotted this as well. Would be interesting to hear the story of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was one for sale on adverts recently too - maybe just a bike restoration/fixie conversion place, who slapped their own stickers on the bikes?

http://www.adverts.ie/fixies-singlespeed-bikes/ideal-dublin-cycle-co-fixie-red-white/7689172

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had an Ideal MTB back in the late 1980's. Can't recall much about it except that it had a yellow frame.

(I used to do a bit of tractor work for a farmer and regularly left the bike in one of his sheds. He died suddenly and I never got around to retrieving it. Then the property changed hands. I'm now wondering if it's still there gathering cobwebs. :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

I had one also, in early 90s. Most distinctive thing about it was the yellow/green finish.. Other than that it was heavy, but never gave much bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

yep, same, I had a hybrid in the early 2000s. I really liked it. Eventually the frame cracked (after a few years). Never knew much about the brand but I was very fond of that bike.

Advertisement