Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint brush and roller cleaner

• 14-03-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Lads anybody know if there is a device available In Ireland to clean brushes and rollers, I've a pain spending hours with a bucket and hose, A powerwasher is not the answer as it has destroyed the front of the garage, It also need to take a 51mm core, I can find them in the USA but would rather buy at home

Rgds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well if you wrap the roller up in an air tight plastic bag, you can get up to 3/6 months without having to wash it if you are using the same colour day in day out...

As for the brushes, you can do the same but I'd rather wash them out...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tomfla

I know there are some suppliers in the UK who will send a unit to Ireland, they are a lot less expensive (when you incl P&P) than US suppliers.

I have been trying to track down a unit in Ireland which allows you to put the roller head into a sleeve which is then attached to your tap/hose and allows you to gush water through the roller head. Cleans it in secs. I originally saw this product in Australia but can't seem to find one anywhere in Europe.

If anyone does come across it I would greatly appreciate the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tomfla

Lads anybody know if there is a device available In Ireland to clean brushes and rollers, I've a pain spending hours with a bucket and hose, A powerwasher is not the answer as it has destroyed the front of the garage, It also need to take a 51mm core, I can find them in the USA but would rather buy at home

Rgds

Google 'rujuve-a-roller' and see how you get on. There is someone on ebay.ie who is shipping to Ireland but his feedback ins't the greatest.

Advertisement